Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indiana
Lava Tube(silver)....Nice solid feel to it and fits very nice in my XL (glove size) hand. The fire button has a tendency to stick on occasion is the only initial fault I have found mechanically or physically. The silver finish is very nice IMO.

AW 18650 (nipple top): Fits perfect and is very secure....no battery rattle at all and gives the unit some nice weight.

As far as test results I included the battery voltage though it seems repetitive just so I knew that the battery was at the same level for each result. Also, each result was registered twice consecutively on the meter before it was included below.

UNLOADED TEST RESULTS:

LT@battery voltage-result

3.0@4.0v-3.03

3.2@4.0v-3.20

3.4@4.0v-3.4

3.6@4.0v-3.59

3.8@4.0v-3.81

4.0@4.0v-4.01

4.2@4.0v-4.22

4.4@4.0v-4.4

4.6@4.0v-4.7

4.8@4.0v-4.9

5.0@4.0v-5.1

5.2@4.0v-5.3

5.4@4.0v-5.5

5.6@4.0v-5.7

5.8@4.0v-5.9

6.0@4.0v-6.1

Wish I could give you all some load results at this time BUT my 4ml Tube tank did not ship. Apparently they were all out when I was allowed to place my order for one. My carts did arrive with the LT though.....gonna go to my local vape shop and see what they can hook me up with here in a little bit.

I did attach a 2.0 ohm Kanger LR cart to it and it allowed me to vape up 4.6 according to the voltmeter with some good warmth and great flavor. A much improved vape on the LT/Kanger combo compared to the Ego/Kanger as far as flavor so I know I was getting quite a bit more voltage without even looking at the numbers.

More testing to follow when I get a tube hopefully later today.

UPDATE: Attached smok tech tank with one of my Volcano 3.0 single coil refills with a fully charged battery (4.1) and got some really good scaling and this LT had a "sweet spot range" between 4.6-5.6 where it was absolutely spot on under load. The LT dropped off at 5.8 set voltage to 5.7 and at 6.0 it was at 5.8. So, 5.8 with a fully charged AW18650 is the best I got under load with current setup which is pretty darn good in my book. The only drop below where it was set was 5.8 and 6.0.......again, pretty nice scaling overall with a fully charged AW.

UPDATE: At 3.9 on the AW down from the 4.1 reported previously.....Excellent results very much similiar to earlier results at 4.1 UNTIL I reach a set voltage of 5.6. I draw 5.5 @ 5.6 and the same 5.5 @ a set voltage of 5.8....down .1 and .2 respectively from testing at 4.1 battery level. At a set voltage of 6.0 I'm now drawing 5.6@3.9 battery level vs. 5.8@6.0 set voltage with a battery level of 4.1...difference of .2 though down a total of .4 from the set voltage of 6.0 @ 3.9 battery level....almost reaching my personal tolerance level of acceptance of .5 at 3.9 battery level.
I know this is overkill ladies and gents but I enjoy it.....lol

UPDATE: One glaring observation stands out to me now that I have tested at 4.1, 3.9 and finally 3.7. There is a "sweet spot" that resides between the set voltages of 4.6-5.4 . My LT's set voltage and voltage under load are exactly the same at these levels and scaling is also consistant throughout the range of 3.0-6.0. The largest variance between set voltage and voltage under load occurs at 3.7 on my LT at 5.6-6.0. .3, .4 and .5 respectively. What I've learned: In the end I never did reach that mythical 6.0 that I was promised and then denied. I've learned I don't need to.....thank you Lava Tube. At the end of the day, it's not about the numbers but about the vape as is much of life....:laugh:.....enjoy your LT's ladies and gentlemen. I know I am/will.

Last edited:

Keeno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2011
Indiana
Picked up a DCT tank and gonna vape the battery down to around 3.7 and then get some numbers I think we're all interested in seeing. The 3.0 carts I picked up from Volano look physically exact to the 1.5 in the Smok Tech tube...flange and all...the shop called it the "new style"...I have no idea I just want to be vaping on it with a 3.0....lol. Forgot to mention some may be interested in confirmed ohms and I'll supply that info as well when I test the Boges, smok techs etc....

Last edited:

woooozzaa

ECF Veteran
Jun 10, 2009
White Wood NB
At the end of the day, it's not about the numbers but about the vape as is much of life....:laugh:.....enjoy your LT's ladies and gentlemen. I know I am/will.

Well said and happy to hear your enjoying the mod too. I don't think anyone coming from 3.7v would be disappointed in the upgrade, especially for the price. There's enough play room for anyone to find a sweet vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread