Lavatube Problem....Seeking advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austen876

Nov 23, 2011
East Texas
Hey guys, I got my gf a Lavatube for christmas and it has been GREAT...literally GREAT. however the top cap has came of and can easily be pushed back on...BUT....today it came of in her purse and there are 2 wired connected to the top cap. 1 red and 1 black...and the black one disconnected....so what im asking is...What do i do now? Does anyone have any experience with this problem? Should i send it back and have them fix it or does the warranty cover this? Or can i fix this? was thinking maybe a quick solder job would do the trick but not sure....

Really appreciate the advice...thanks guys!

Happy vaping!

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Sounds like an easy fix, the negative wire has just come loose, a quick and easy soldering job and some epoxy to keep the cap from coming off again.

BUT providing it's still under warranty I'd suggest sending it back. The top cap coming off which caused the wire to break is a under warranty issue and if you solder or attempt to fix anything yourself you'll most likely void what time is left on the warranty.

Austen876

Nov 23, 2011
East Texas
i ordered it from volcanocigs. I think im going to go ahead and send it in since it is still under warranty as was said above. I have another lavatube thats working with no problems and a SUPER dependable Megladon so i dont really have to worry about being without...i know it would be an easy fix but with my luck i would mess something up and then completely be out a lavatube. Thanks for the advice guys...yall are the light at the end of the tunnel when it comes to my vaping habbit!

As always MUCH thanks and Happy vaping!

Slurp812

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
Northwest Ohio
I guess it depends on if you want to go without it for a bit. Soldering the wire will make it work, but you need to do something to secure the top. I would solder it, and fix the top, probably voiding the warranty, but that's me! If you have a backup, sending it in makes the most sense to "normal" people. A category I don't place myself in. :D

sparklewolf

Dec 21, 2011
ireland
same thing just happened to me. i'd gotten into a bad habit of letting it roll off my desk and crashing onto the floor, first few times the top came loose.. just now the black wire disconnected
hope I can get someone to solder it back for me some time this week. i have a dual coil I just filled sitting on an ego batt and im not looking forward to vaping it after 2 months of 5 volt awesomeness.

from now on.. I'll be more careful with my bloody expensive toys

--edit
yeah, I was right to not look forward to it. either i'm doing it wrong, my battery and spare dual coils have broken themselves in my container or 3.4v vaping is just awful :) surprised I ever got off the cigarettes with this stuff

Last edited:

sparklewolf

Dec 21, 2011
ireland
well now the black and red wires have disconnected from the um.. atomiser holding.. thing so it's just about completely buggered

is it dangerous to just stuff the wires in to the places they're supposed to go and vape away? im thinking it probably is but the lavatube has short circuit protection doesn't it? so it won't blow up on me or anything. I've got it firing, and I can vape but is there enough of a risk involved that I should just go back to ego batt's and dual coils?

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
i'd stuff em and keep vaping, but then i'm not completely normal...lol. i'm thinking all it could do at its worst is give you a little zap, nothing like a giant 'KABOOM' or anything.

entirely up to you . but if every time you vape now, your going to squint and cringe, waiting for a minor electricution, maybe you might want to pass.

sorry, i was trying to be serious, somewhere in here, and I just failed miserably. my top keeps trying to come off, (ahem, for my lavatube)...oh dear... still looking for the crazy glue in this house.

well now the black and red wires have disconnected from the um.. atomiser holding.. thing so it's just about completely buggered

is it dangerous to just stuff the wires in to the places they're supposed to go and vape away? im thinking it probably is but the lavatube has short circuit protection doesn't it? so it won't blow up on me or anything. I've got it firing, and I can vape but is there enough of a risk involved that I should just go back to ego batt's and dual coils?

sparklewolf

Dec 21, 2011
ireland
heh, i think i might do that. i dont know how I stuck it out with ego batteries and dual coils for so long.. after vaping at 5 volts for the past 2 months it's like i'm inhaling nothing using them

i had a quick peek on youtube at a guy shorting out an imr 18650 and it didn't explode, but it did reach a temp of 240~F. it took about 2 minutes to reach that temp though so if i'm only running it in 5 second bursts while I take a drag it shouldn't give too much of a problem, specially with the lavatubes protection and if it does take around 2 minutes to kick in that's plenty of time for me to open a window and throw the damn thing as far away from the house as possible.
ill try buy a new lavatube body next week, but for now.. i guess i'll just try to vape a bit less and keep a window open at all times for easy launching of the lavatube into the back yard

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
ah buddy, is it really that bad?, thats a bummer.
the top of mine starts to move up slowly allthe time, but nothing with the wiring yet.

i hear ya on regular sticks. got spoiled as well. they have the lavatube mini out now, selling in the mid $40's range. a smaller battery, but the voltage is the same. wondering if it has any problems with the tops coming off.

Meems

heh, i think i might do that. i dont know how I stuck it out with ego batteries and dual coils for so long.. after vaping at 5 volts for the past 2 months it's like i'm inhaling nothing using them

i had a quick peek on youtube at a guy shorting out an imr 18650 and it didn't explode, but it did reach a temp of 240~F. it took about 2 minutes to reach that temp though so if i'm only running it in 5 second bursts while I take a drag it shouldn't give too much of a problem, specially with the lavatubes protection and if it does take around 2 minutes to kick in that's plenty of time for me to open a window and throw the damn thing as far away from the house as possible.
ill try buy a new lavatube body next week, but for now.. i guess i'll just try to vape a bit less and keep a window open at all times for easy launching of the lavatube into the back yard

sparklewolf

Dec 21, 2011
ireland
i was looking at pbusardos recent review and the impression I got was the mini just slightly underperformed compared to the regular sized lavatube. a fair trade off I guess if the size of a 'tube is putting you off.

I'd reccomend you get that top sorted quickly :) mine started off just coming loose for a while and then one time I dropped it, and the black wire just disconnected altogether. Then again I am incredibly bad with electrical equipment.. with the amount of times my lavatube fell off my desk crashing onto the ground im pretty impressed it held up this long.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
i hear ya on regular sticks. got spoiled as well. they have the lavatube mini out now, selling in the mid $40's range. a smaller battery, but the voltage is the same. wondering if it has any problems with the tops coming off.

Meems

From all appearances, it's just a shorter version of the same tube. Everything else looks identical.

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
right.. i pushed both wires into where they are supposed to go and tried to seperate them with electrical tape
so hopefully that adds an extra layer of not-blowing-up-in-my-face-ness
getting a new lavatube body next week, so this just has to last me the weekend without killing me

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahhahahaha...stop , my stomache.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread