Leaford's Johnsons Creek Smoke Juice Video Demo and Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Well, here's the first part, the introduction, to my Video Demo of Johnson's Creek Smoke juice.

I am using my last black 901b atomizer, so I hope y'all appreciate it. :D

This first part just demonstrates the performance of a brand new 901b atomizer.

The second part will be a series of clips from throughtout a day or so, showing how the performance degrades (or doesn't, if it surprises me) after using the JC SJ.

YouTube - Johnsons Creek Smoke Juice Video Demo and Review PART 1

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Leaford, have you tried running hte juice through a double coffee filter? Maybe that might help a bit? Perhaps not- just a htought - also, the trend in esmoking seems ot be movign toward disposable atomizer/cartridge units, so even if we can't refine hte juice any further, the juice I think will work quite well in disposables which I can personally testify to- There's no reason to give up on JC juice just yet- Especially if ECigg is selling the loong- or a clone at such innexpensive prices- For htose that enjoy the JC flavors liek I do, I thin we'll still be able ot enjoy it with disposable atomizers :)

JC been takign an awful beating here o n the forums lately, but there's hope yet, and he might yet refine it to be able to be used in traditional penstyles/minis too- let's hope as his flavors are outstanding (if not a little weak though)

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
Meh- what little gets inhaled would be cuaghed out and I'm guessing that hte ingredients are all pretty innocuous? Especially compared to the 4000 or so chemicals in real ciggs- also, the sediments will be caught in the filter mostly I'm guessing. I didn't see where JC uses oils?

I'm wonderign though just what hte sediments are from? Homebrew by leachign tobacco with PG doesn't produce sediments? What additions could be cuasing sediments in JC? Would be nice to have Mac state for us

Last edited:

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Well, for one, I don't think I should have to be doing his filtering for him, and for another, I doubt anything I could do at home would be more effective than his professional centrifugal filtering.

But besides, the new filtered stuff has very little sediment, and no cloudiness or oily film, so I don't think it's either oil or particulates causing the problem. I could be wrong, of course.

As to using it in a disposable, that might be an option, but at the moment I'm not using disposables, nor are most people. So that's kind of irrelevent. Plus, the disposables aren't designed to be refilled anyway, so it's again irrelevent to what most people will be doing with it.

No, this is intended to be used to fill cartridges in our current crop of e-cigs, and it's been causing problems when used as intended. Which is all I'm trying to document.

I am sorry Christian is "taking a beating" but sharing problems and issues with suppliers and manufacturers is the best public service boards like this can do. I think I am being very fair by pointing out what I like as well as what I don't like about it.

Additionally, I am using the latest filtered batch, and being VERY careful to not shake it up, and to only draw from the top of the bottle and avoid the sediment, to give it the best chance possible. And who knows, maybe doing it this way it'll surprise me and not cause a problem.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
But besides, the new filtered stuff has very little sediment, and no cloudiness or oily film, so I don't think it's either oil or particulates causing the problem. I could be wrong, of course.

Sounds reasonable- I'ts probably somethign soem ingredient that is doing it- I'd agree with your assessment on this- I was just suggestign for htose hwo have older stuff, instead of wasting it, give it a try- worth a shot

As to using it in a disposable, that might be an option, but at the moment I'm not using disposables, nor are most people. So that's kind of irrelevent. Plus, the disposables aren't designed to be refilled anyway, so it's again irrelevent to what most people will be doing with it.

Perhaps, but I extend my cartridges nicely with hte juice for abotu 3-4 days before htey get too bogged down to vape anymore- I also enjoy beign able to vape different flavors throughout the day without havign to pop in new carts of different flavors each time- works for me.

No, this is intended to be used to fill cartridges in our current crop of e-cigs, and it's been causing problems when used as intended. Which is all I'm trying to document.

Appreciated, and a worthy review to be sure. Just giving an alternative use instead of just shelving hte stuff for htose hwo will buy the disposable cartridge type ciggs soon or in future and hwo have JC juice lyign around.

Also, in another htread, I suggested tryign to blow htrough battery end of clogged atomizers till ya see vapor come out mouthpiece (just don't do it too long as burnt taste will appear)- this 'cleans' the atomizer liek hte self-cleaning which will burn off hte buildup- this might just revive the atomizers quite nicely (once hte slight burnt taste diminishes- I've had an atomizer goign for quite soem time doing this as the only juice I have is JC juice ofr dripping- I get a couple of days of good vapor, then it diminishes= I do that and it works again very nicely for a few more days- then repeat.

Not saying htis to defend JC, just as suggestiosn for htose with clogged atomizers- worth a try as the atomizers aren't useful liek htey are being clogged & all- might revive hte atomizer like mine has doen several times now

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
I cleaned one out which had dropped below a 2 out of 5 on both vapor production and draw, and got it back to a 4 on draw, and 3 or so on vapor. It's in my just-in-case-all-else-fails drawer. :D BUt that took a through cleaning, running it under scalding tap water, shaking the water inside the barrell, blowing HARD through both ends, and repeating several times. But after just over a day, that shouldn't have been necessary.

Nazareth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2008
USA
assemble everything (without a cartridge) just the battery and atomizer, and try blowing htrough hte battery end for those in that drawer- this will initiate a burning off of hte crud, but you will get soem burnt taste, so go slow with it at first- see if this brings the worst atomizers back to life- I've had it work on a few (but had to put up with hte bad taste for an hour or so)

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Well, Part 2 is almost ready, quite a bit faster than I thought. It's uploading now, and I'll post it as soon as that's finished.

I figured it would take until tomorrow to show a drop, but in just 4 hours it got clogged up. Smoke production has dropped to almost nothing, and I called it for the night.

Tomorrow morning after I get off work, I will clean it out thoroughally, and give it another go, but tonight's results will speak for themselves. (Or would if I would shut up, anyway. :D )

marian00

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2008
California USA
www.vaporcig.com
Thank you, Leaford, for conducting your experiment by way of a video review. I have watched both of them, and you've hit the nail on the head as to exactly what has happened to my sister and me with regard to using Johnson Creek Smoke Juice.

If Christian can get the mixture right, i wouldn't mind coming back, as he has been very gracious and good with me as it relates to customer service. I just cannot figure out why he is not responding to this subject/thread.

Thanks again, Leaford. And I really meant what I said about paying for your DSE901 if it is ruined. It is worth it to me to see a controlled comparison on video. Good job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread