Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi y'all,
I have a 2015 Sl/LP BLK AN Grand that came equipped with the new SS adj 510. (direct from Rob)
After a few years of use, I broke the original POS+ leaf spring and replaced it with an HD version.
So my story begins;
I began to get seepage at the top right corner of the delrin, it would run down the door channel and leave a small build up at the bottom of the door. batteries began to have a wet ring around the POS contact, not the actual POS contact but the wrapped shoulder.
I replaced the bottle, the feed tube, swapped the HD POS+ spring with another.
I tried a few different o-rings under my atty. I changed my socks, switched to decaf and updated my anti-virus software. All to no avail.
The process of elimination has lead me to conclude that the SS510 is leaking.
sllp.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas that might resolve my problem or ideas I have not attempted?
I'm willing to try just about anything at this point.
Being in Spain, a quick trip to the spa is not so quick nor cheap.

Thanks for y'alls time and help.
Izan

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Liquid Teflon tape is what you want.. theres a post on here stating exactly what brand rob used back in the day. You just need a tiny amount near the top of the nipple threads to seal it from leaks.
Thank you,
I'll try to find the post and see if I can source something similar in the EU.

Cheers
I

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
I’m a little late to seeing this post. I had the exact same problem same leak same position after installing a heavy duty contact. You know what I did to fix it? I tightened the nipple/post just a bit more and like magic no more leak. I didn’t need to use any of that Teflon. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread