Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Curmudgeon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Kansas City, fly over country
Hey guys

Got my Sub which I really like, but after the first tankful it floods every carto I've
put in. The rubber seals are nice & tight but the juice just pours from the carto.

I then blew out the carto & tested them in my Boge or Lava tanks & everything is golden.

What am I doing wrong?

rotku

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2012
columbus, oh
I actually put my tank in the bad boy pile for a while. It was always flooded and I was about to give up. I saw in a thread that someone used the silicone end piece and fashioned a sleeve to block off all but one hole on the Boge carto. It is done by cutting off the end to make a collar then carefully putting a hole and sliding it up to match a hole on the carto. That was the first step. The second thing I do is line up the available hole to the insert screw on the tank. When I fill the tank I lay it down horizontal and fill it enough to NOT cover the hole with liquid. I then put the screw in and it is ready to go vertical. Since the available air in the tank is sealed it will tend to not flood because it would create negative pressure. Work like a charm for me although this may not have been the clearest explanation. Carto tanks are great for flavor and vape production and well worth the learning curve. I suggest you stick with the M&P Boge cartos they work great.

Scubac00da

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I'm not sure why this would be an issue BUT - it sounds like the o-ring on the carto isn't seated properly. Try to spin the bottom of the threading either counter-clockwise (first) a little bit and see if that helps, if not, spin it clock-wise and see if that helps. It may help the o-ring in the carto be "seated" better. You can also try to move the connection around a bit by using tweasers, pulling lightly on the inside of the threading. Otherwise, I am at a loss as it sounds like the carto and not the tank that is "pouring out".

Old Curmudgeon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Kansas City, fly over country
I'm not sure why this would be an issue BUT - it sounds like the o-ring on the carto isn't seated properly. Try to spin the bottom of the threading either counter-clockwise (first) a little bit and see if that helps, if not, spin it clock-wise and see if that helps. It may help the o-ring in the carto be "seated" better. You can also try to move the connection around a bit by using tweasers, pulling lightly on the inside of the threading. Otherwise, I am at a loss as it sounds like the carto and not the tank that is "pouring out".

I'll try that. It's not the tank that's leaking it's the cartos, the tank is rock solid.

It's just somehow getting air inside.

Scubac00da

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Cartos will also leak, very badly, if they aren't punched correctly. If you punch too far in, you put a hole into the air tube and then juice will go into the air tube and straight out of the bottom. I know you said you had the same issue with a laser punched carto but I still thought I would mention it.

pwyll

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2011
Frank's ford, in the Caintuck
Hey guys

Got my Sub which I really like, but after the first tankful it floods every carto I've
put in. The rubber seals are nice & tight but the juice just pours from the carto.

I then blew out the carto & tested them in my Boge or Lava tanks & everything is golden.

What am I doing wrong?

As has been mentioned, the behaviour sounds like it's the carto rather than the tank--but if the carto does work in different/other tanks that would seem to eliminate the carto as the problem. Scuba has already mentioned the possibility of the o-rings not making a perfect seal; along those same lines it could very well be the fill screw as well. The polycarbonate tanks are hard and the aluminum screws are hard, so if they don't match up perfectly there could easily be an air path. If the threads in the polycarbonate were slightly damaged during manufacture, for example, this could happen.

But you said "after the first tankful." This suggests that there was no problem with the first use and it is only subsequent fills that have leaked. If so, this would preclude a problem in manufacturing but it would bring up another point: it is very easy to cross-thread the screws in the polycarbonate holes.

Check the o-rings as has been suggested. Check the grommet around the edge of the polycarbonate tube to make sure there is a good solid seal all the way around. And check the screw carefully to make sure it is not cross-threaded in the fill hole. If you are still having the problem after all of this, see if you have a very small o-ring that will just slip around the threaded part of the screw, tight enough to make a seal with the tank once the screw is installed. If this fixes the leaking then the problem is with the hole threads or the screw--if it doesn't fix the leaking then the problem is somewhere that would take more extensive testing/investigation than can be suggested through forum posts.

Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread