leaking tanks on plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

IgnorantCig

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2015
new york
I'll be flying later on this month and I plan to have some e juice in my carry on bag and some more e juice in my check in luggage. I will only have batteries and my hardware in the carry on bag, as those batteries are forbidden from being placed in checked in luggage.

I'll make sure to be travelling with clearomizers that are almost empty when I board, as to prevent any potential leaking.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
Well, TSA confiscated all of GRIMMS juice he had in his luggage when they did a search. I don't think he mentioned in the video which airport he was in. He was on his way home from a vape meet and had to forfeit all the juice vendors had given to him for review.

So I don't know if there is a general TSA rule or whether it's just a "roll of the dice" depending on if your baggage gets flagged.

That is the most bizarre thing I have ever heard. I have heard of them taking batteries, but never juice or any other kind of liquid in a checked bag. I fly extensively for work, both domestic and international and never heard of anything like that. I hope he investigated it further as the TSA are not gods and CAN be held accountable for improper actions.

I just took a full tank on a flight to Hawaii (5 1/2 hr flight) in May along with around 10 bottles of juice with zero issues,no leakage and no trouble from tsa. Same with a flight to LA in March & Vegas last month but those are both shorter flights so idk if that counts and I think I only had around 6-7 bottles on both of those flights. I'm really surprised someone had an issue with tsa bc I had no problems even while going to/from Hawaii & on inner island flights while I was there & they're much more strict with what you can & can't bring & bring back.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
Thanks guys, are you sure i need to take my batteries on the plane ?
i have a istick and a spinner and three egos,
i always put my AA rechargeables in my main case.
i am flying to Greece from the uk.
You should check with the authorities either in the UK or Greece (or both). For US flights, the TSA is the governing agency and they require any and all lithium batteries to be kept in the cabin with your carry on luggage. AA rechargeables are not lithium, so they can be packed.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Ahhhh.....you said "TANKS on a plane."

For a minute there...
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread