Let's design the perfect e-cig/mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingus

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Belgium
Hi,

This thread is mostly just for fun, but if enough people give input and ideas, someone might decide to build what we come up with :)
I am in no way qualified to build or design a mod myself, but I have some ideas, and I'm sure other people do as well. My ideas may not be realistic though...

Since this isn't about an existing mod or about actually making one (yet), I didn't think it would fit in the mods or Modding sections, so I just posted this here. Hope that's ok.

Here's what I came up with (made with sketchup, which I never used before).

SuperMod.jpg

Some info :
- The carto/atomizer can be rotated into the side for safe transport (kinda like some car keys)
- Variable voltage (3.7 up to 5 or 6)
- Power on/off slider
- At least 3 LED's to show the battery level
- USB chargeable with passthrough
- 2 empty compartments to store extra cartos (so you don't have to worry about carrying other stuff)
- Ego type cartos should fit (maybe not in the storage compartments though)
- It would be really cool if it had a connector on each side, one for 510 stuff and the other for 808 stuff (possibly with a switch to select which one to use - or it could auto switch based on which one is popped out), but also with an option to have two 510 connections for people that just want to switch between juices

Last edited:

SnakeFarm

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
San Antonio
My dream VP would :
* Look and feel like an EM Riva 510
* Have enough batt and e-juice to last all day
* Be extreamly efficiant at vaporization
* Be push-button
* Be safe to re-charge overnight
* Be easy to re-fill from drip bottles.
* Have Low, Medium, High voltage settings.

I don't think this is too much to ask. Get to work on that, OK?

mgordon1100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2011
A, A
I have an issue with box mods. I'm waiting patiently for my Ego T to arrive in the mail this morning. Should be here within the hour now. I think this is about as comfortable as I can get, vaping with in public. The box mods look kind of ridiculous to me. However, I wouldn't mind one if I can clip it to my belt, and vape through a tube. Would that work, or is there too much travel for the vapor?

fray

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
arkansas
www.ejoose.com
My ideal mod would be a boost VV device that can handle 5+amps. A bottom feeder or electric feeder. Use 2 high drain 18650s in parallel. Small microprocessor and color touch screen that displays battery life (in%), output voltage, atomizer resistance, amount of power (watts) being used, average draw time, number of draw per specified time period, amount of juice left in bottle, and amount of juice used in specified time period Should be able to be charged with USB as well as have a passthrough function. Voltage or wattage settings set digitally on screen.

And a flashlight

Other things that would be nice:
Ability to play angry birds
Check ECF forum through wifi or 3G

Ps: this needs to fit in my pocket

Dingus

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
Belgium
My ideal mod would be a boost VV device that can handle 5+amps. A bottom feeder or electric feeder. Use 2 high drain 18650s in parallel. Small microprocessor and color touch screen that displays battery life (in%), output voltage, atomizer resistance, amount of power (watts) being used, average draw time, number of draw per specified time period, amount of juice left in bottle, and amount of juice used in specified time period Should be able to be charged with USB as well as have a passthrough function. Voltage or wattage settings set digitally on screen.

And a flashlight

Other things that would be nice:
Ability to play angry birds
Check ECF forum through wifi or 3G

Ps: this needs to fit in my pocket

Has anyone modded an iPhone or Android so it's also an e-cig? :)

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
I would also like a light weight handsome epipe w/ reliable auto switch.

I second this. I haven't tried any e-pipes yet but may soon. I smoked a pipe for the last 3 years. I used Top rolling tobacco and inhaled like a cigarette. I loved it till I tried to quit could not and then found e-cigs. (before that smoked reg cigs for 20 years) 6 months now tobacco free but I miss my pipe. Using an e-cig was really strange for me cus I had to get used to holding a cigarette like object all over again.

SnakeFarm

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
San Antonio
I second this. I haven't tried any e-pipes yet but may soon. I smoked a pipe for the last 3 years. I used Top rolling tobacco and inhaled like a cigarette. I loved it till I tried to quit could not and then found e-cigs. (before that smoked reg cigs for 20 years) 6 months now tobacco free but I miss my pipe. Using an e-cig was really strange for me cus I had to get used to holding a cigarette like object all over again.

These e-pipes are great, but they cost about $400.00 and it took me about four years to learn to use them. YMMV :)

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009

I enjoy my jazz cartopipe; I vape strong no-inhale flavors w/ it.

Attachments

• DSC_9113.jpg
    DSC_9113.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 31

nocturn4l3030

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
South Bay, CA
a VV tube mod just a little bigger than a Precious L1 (smallest 18650 mod) but made of aircraft aluminum so it's lightweight (like the altsmoke mods). Small, small LED to show voltage, with 2 individual buttons to move up and down in voltage. a feed system like the EQ would be nice, but i know that's not possible at this time at the size i would like it.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread