Mech mod design help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
Go to breaktru.com forum and the modding area. Great information and a lot of really smart guys that are very much into building mods of all types.

That site comes up as a software site. It does have eJuice Me Up at the bottom, but I don't see a forum

Ahhhh just Googled "breaktru modding forum" and found it. Thanks!

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
Hate to point out the obvious, but, this is the Modding Forum...you might find a few things in here

I know, I know... :D I have found several threads about some amazing DNA mods, bottom feeders, and just off-the-wall amazing mods. I just can't find the "simple how-to for a tube mech". :confused:

That is true lol alot of resources on here just do some snooping around

So what exactly are you wanting to do?

Box or tube mod?

Wood/Metal?

I am wanting to make a mech mod, using either copper or brass. I have the basic know-how, and have got some ideas for how to incorporate the switch, but I would like to see some other ideas to better my own.

valooper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
USA
Bottom fire
mjmiia.jpg

Side fire
2me7gyh.jpg

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
I want bottom fire for the first, and using 18650.

As I mentioned, I know the basics, I just want/need to see other ways beyond what I have in my head. I am thinking of something steampunk style, so sleek is not exactly needed, but I also don't want a huge bulky bottom.

If you have any thoughts on side switches, that could be an option as well, but it wasn't my first thought.

valooper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
USA
Imo side switches are awesome especially the steam punk route ya know but they are prone to snags but really they only require 1 spring so very simple parts list

All of the bottom fire devices that I have or have tried seem to be difficult depending on the surface area of the switch and imo they like to fall apart especially if your in a high vibration environment like me

Copper is a must and a simple t design should do the trick

But I do have an idea that I have not seen which envoles 2 half circles that slide together to form basically an oval it would be imo a slimer desgin plus provide more surface contact area but I will draw a picture up tonight to clarify

valooper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
USA
Yeah, picture would be good. I'm trying to picture it in my mind and can't.

Now with a side switch, do you know if I need to have the void area above the battery, or is there a more "low-profile" way to do it?

still working on the pic sry crazy night but yeah I think there would be a void area there would have to be but with my desgin it would be the same if not thinner than a bottom button so your really not loosing anything

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
Crazy busy myself as well! I am thinking that for the "void" area, I can make it work with having that essentially be a seam. I can countersink the top battery connect a bit, and countersink in the top piece as well. I will work on a sketch today. Since I am going with steampunk, I can wrap some brass or something around the seam to conceal it. Ok, back to brainstorming now and sketching when I can!

valooper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
USA
Nope nope you use the tube body itself for the ground. Thats why copper mods tend to hit harder because that ground is looping back to positive in a good metal and not something like stainless

But that brings up a good point and actually something I have been thinking about trying on a cheap sparta mod that I have

Basically putting a copper sleeve around the battery to by pass the ss steel sense electricity will always follow the path of least resistance

But thats getting off subject lol

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
Nope nope you use the tube body itself for the ground. Thats why copper mods tend to hit harder because that ground is looping back to positive in a good metal and not something like stainless

But that brings up a good point and actually something I have been thinking about trying on a cheap sparta mod that I have

Basically putting a copper sleeve around the battery to by pass the ss steel sense electricity will always follow the path of least resistance

But thats getting off subject lol

If I am using two pipe sections, one for the battery and one to house the switch, will the 510 still ground to that top section? If not, I could just use some brass plating to connect the two at the seam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread