Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
Most side triggered mechanical mods aren't using very low profile buttons, however if the button were above the battery (longer tube) you could use a recessed button.

The bottom switch design is mostly functional with atomizers that need to be oriented in a certain way to work best (genesis).

Maurice

GMayberry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2014
Virginia
I'm not too concerned about low-profile for the button itself honestly. Going with a steam punk style, I am picturing some sort of spring action button sticking out from the side, with a gear wheel around the base. I'm more concerned about the two pipe sections' seam and if the 510 will still be a get a good ground from the top section itself.

valooper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
USA
16kpet5.jpg
2evxgmq.jpg

Sry sry it took so long here is my idea for a button on the side I think most of all its judt something different and unique to ecigs

Should be very simple to make out of 2 different sized peices of copper and some patients lol

valooper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
USA
If I am using two pipe sections, one for the battery and one to house the switch, will the 510 still ground to that top section? If not, I could just use some brass plating to connect the two at the seam.
If I am reading you right you want to have 2 peices of lets say pipe that thread together to make 2 different sections?

Yes that will still make electrical connection if therr is nothing on the threads and the threads are bare

Example: like a coating, etc...

Just remember imo the more seams and added parts are just more places a failure can occur

But no it will still connect the ground

valooper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2014
USA
Yeah and that button you could use a gear to make it lol hmm I thibk what might work best for a small gear like that is a gear out of a rc car transmission but you have to find a metal rc car transmission those are harder to find but I am sure a hobby shop can help with that

I suggest that because they have a hole exactly in the center of the gear that could be used as a screw hole to connect to the switch part itself you would just have to drill and tap the switch plate to accept the screw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread