Let's gather our thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trendyvure

Oct 2, 2017
Previous research reports have found that during similar viral outbreaks, people are more likely to experience mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, and traumatic stress. Individuals in various parts of the world have reported higher levels of stress, anger, anxiety, and depression as a result of the recent COVID-19 pandemic.

Young adults have faced a variety of pandemic-related consequences, such as university closures and lost income, which may have contributed to their poor mental health. During the pandemic, a higher-than-average proportion of young adults (ages 18-24) experience anxiety and/or depressive symptoms (56% ). Young adults are more likely than other adults to report substance use (25% vs. 13%) and suicidal thoughts (26% vs. 11%). Which is really alarming. Do you agree with this survey? If you disagree, please share any pieces of information you've got. Let's gather our minds.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
What I doubt about the statistics is that they really provide numbers. Like, how did they do it? Are they sure about it? that's what gets on my mind lately. I'll try not to be a fool.

I try, though it is sometimes difficult, to refrain from judging a studies numbers unless I have have read the study myself and understand the methodology, the conclusions and how they arrived at those conclusions. Some I can understand, some I cannot.

Reactions: Katmar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread