Status
Not open for further replies.

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
:laugh:

I'm a little bored today, obviously. Avoiding work. Thought I'd make a fun post! What is your current setup if you're using a GV product? I want pictures!! Here's mine, I put it all together in honor of the colored stardusts.

greendust.jpg

I bought cheapo 90% of St. Patty's Day stuff (necklace, pins) and hooked the lanyard clasp to the necklace. The old necklace it came with came off long ago, but I still have the ring and clasp. I don't wear the pin, I just put that in the pic for visual effect ;) So, what are you sporting? :vapor::2cool:

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
I'm so tired I am about to fall asleep typ...zzzzzz

Oh, sorry about that. I'm awake again. As I was saying, very tired so I have no energy for pics, but I currently have my Vision Stone II on my Infinity Pro. Great companion for a chain vaper at the movies. Lasted through the whole thing without having to refill. :D

BTW Bonny, didn't you say you had read The Hunger Games? I finally read them, and saw the movie today. The trilogy and the movie were fantastic!

vikeme28

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Waste Lands
my wife and i read the books and went to the movie. we liked the books and thought they were good but i didnt get the instant phenomenon. I hate to say it was my favorite because of the outcome but the time with rue. I wish there was more to her character. I think thats the one thing that i didnt like about the books is there didnt seem to be any depth to the characters other than kat.

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
Wow, one day I'll have a collection like that! I'm curious, what's with the red button on the middle tank in the work picture? I really want to push it. It's a red button, after all. Perhaps it's a self destruct button? If you flood on me ONE MORE TIME, I will push the button. Don't test me, mister. :laugh:

The books and movie won't be a hit with everyone, by the way. Don't feel like you've missed the point or anything. It probably just wasn't for you.

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
Aww, that's precious! I did the same thing :laugh: I'm an absolute baby when it comes to movies/shows/books. I cry as soon as anything inspiring, sappy, happy, sad happens.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. And it is getting worse as I get older. I can barely even watch things like the Oscars anymore. Every time someone gets up to make an acceptance speech I start tearing up. :facepalm:

vikeme- I'm not sure it was an "instant" phenomenon. The first book was released in '08, so the fan base has been building for a while. As for character development, with it being written from Kat's POV it is hard to develop the other tributes because there is such a separation of the districts. I did think she could have done a better job on the love triangle in the first two books, but it finally came together well at the end.

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
I was waiting until I had saved enough from vaping to justify buying a mod, but when one of my ego batts died after just 2 months of use, I saw the writing on the wall. Better to spend more one time than have to keep buying more batts every few months. And I had to buy something, so it may as well be the mod I was drooling over. And I am well out of the hole now even with the mod. :D

I can't even fathom having the big collection though. That blows my mind.

BonnyC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2010
Georgia
I must have hit the jackpot. The ego batteries that I got with my first kit are still going strong after more than a year. That's not constant use the whole time, but still a considerable bit. They still last all day, too. The little 510 batteries haven't faired so well and I can get maybe 2 hours from them if I ever used them. But, I haven't bothered with them much at all in the last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread