Newbs let me help you save a ton of cash and frustration

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyTT

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
Ottawa
Depending on where you live, you'd have to find a juice you like. Jugheadz if your Canadian (I've heard good things about their Joke Smoke, but haven't tried it). And maybe PinkSpotVapor if you USA (Their RY8 has a good tabacco undernote of flavour, but nothing can replicate an actual cigerette taste. With analogs, there's to many different angles. The smell of the unlight cigarette, the smell of it lit to the actual smoker, and the smell of it to a non-smoker. juice vendours will usually try and replicate 1 of the first two). RY8 tastes like vanilla, cocoa and tabacco leaves. It's still pretty yummy, but I like their black mamba more (tastes like blue freezy to me)

PaporPlas

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2011
Los Angeles
Another good option, is to get him something cig-like (like a 510-t manual battery with Boge cartomizer (standard resistance). It's tiny and it last about an hour, but it's very simple for when you're out of the house. But also get him something more longer lasting and substantial for at home. I find alot of people want the look of an analog for when they're out and about, because it's a self-concious thing. When you're at home and comfortable, you want something consistent and long-lasting. For me it's all about location, location, location.

I agree with this. Maybe get your husband something like the Volt for when he is out and about, and something like this for when he is at home (the size of a Sharpie pen) for better vapor and flavor.

XL Riva SE Carto Kit | Sweet-Vapes E-Liquid

BTW, here's a good video review of the Volt: A PBusardo Review & CONTEST! - The Volt E-Cig from Smokeless Image - YouTube

TonyTT

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2011
Ottawa
Thank you Tony, Ghost and Chris. AM looking into all of these options. Your help will be a part of his turning point! :)
And mine...but I'm already doing better than he is ;)

The reason I keep bringing up canadian vendours and american vendours, is that it is really tricky to get nicotine juice and the devices for them across the canadian border (dunno about canada to US). At the start you should try and find vendours in your country to avoid customs issues.

From time to time, youll see a new person posting something along the lines of "Help Health Canada seized my stuff!!!"...just heads up...my first order happened that way, and that's how I found out about ECF :)

Sundrinkr

Alis volat propriis
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Behind the Rainbow
He can airbrush them I guess-he's an artist....so color would not be bad-I didn't think of that until you mentioned that Chris...
thanks so much for the help too-everyone!
Do I have to replace the little cottony thing inside them when I refill with liquid? Is that thing reuseable? And has anyone every tried taking the atomizer top (unscrewing it) off of the regular Blu or NJoy things and refilling them? Just thinking....
edit: And with him, it's taste and strength too-so I'm thinking the volt thing and the 510 things may be good? Yes? They make a strong, long lasting flavor and batt life?

I live in Florida

Duo 510 650 mAh Riva battery kits can be bought on the cheap from Liberty-Flights. I myself found I liked the 1100 mAh batteries because they didn't need to be charged as often. I bought those locally and they were around $17-18 a pop. A 15 pk/20.00 of cartomizers can be had from Crystal Clear Vaping.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
.......2 box mod kits $40 minimum for single battery mods (a better comparison would be a 2 mods with a metal cases for lots of money), 2 batteries $8 minimum, a charger $10 and whatever atomizers/cartomizers $10 you plan to use vs a eGo kit at around $40-50 that comes with everything as I like using at least 2 different flavors without changing cartomizers (usually I have 3 or 4 flavors ready to go)......

A complete 3.7v box mod starter kit with two batteries, 5 cartomizers and charger at Ken's Box Mods, which is not the cheapest place you can get box mod kits but are well made, is a combined: $54

An eGo from Madvapes is: $49

When you go to replace those eGo batteries it will cost on average $15. When you go to replace your box mod batteries it will cost on average $4.50.

The box mod is a true 3.7 volt model. The eGo is only 3.4 volts.

Let's keep the comparison accurate.

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
Well I'm a total newbie so I don't even know if I should have an opinion at this stage lol. HST I agree with the poster who said you should know yourself & what you are like & will tolerate (paraphrased). I've been smoke free 10 days. I did try to do some research but there is a ridiculous amount of information out there. I'd never buy a box thing at this stage. It's just weird (no offense to those using them. Just too strange feeling for me). I believe the people who say they're good though & perhaps the OP is right about the fact that they might encourage a new convert to stick with it.

For me though, the biggest thing was being able to feel confident that I wouldn't be high & dry with no options available (either because something breaks or I run out of something) other than an actual cigarette. I was introduced to vaping through some mall kiosk, but didn't buy theirs. I bought a disposable Blu at a Wallgreens to see what I thought. & based on that I thought that I could find a good substitute for actual cigarettes given some time. No that disposable wasn't the most awesome thing. But it was enough to convince me that I could probably find something that WAS my cup of tea.

I did want something that was the size, feel & convenience of an actual cigarette. I also wanted something I could buy at a physical store rather than relying solely on an online store. I got a Blu starter kit for that reason & I like it. But it's not my all time favorite. It IS really nice for taking places though just for convenience & familiarity. I also like it because I can get cart refills at the Wallgreens or order them. So if something happens & I'm out I can get more at the store, just like I could a pack of smokes.

But I also knew I wanted something with a longer battery life. And I wanted something with things I could refill easily verses throwing the carts away (don't want to refill those blu carts. part of their appeal is being able to throw them away & not worry about them) And I was also interested in things like the tanks & dripping & all that. So I got a kit from Volcano that had a larger battery & a smaller passthrough battery & a drip kit & a tankomizer. I like the tankomizer so far & haven't had trouble with it. It's convenient when I'm doing things to not have to mess with adding more liquid constantly. And I really love to drip so I'm happy about that too.

But all this rambling is only to say that I actually know what I'm like & what will annoy me & what will not. So bottom line, while the OPs suggestions might be super awesome & verified by all the most experienced vapers here, they might not be the right thing for every newbie. When that newbie isn't a newbie anymore they may wholeheartedly agree with him. But for the time being, just finding something that keeps you from considering going back to analogs again is really the main goal. The rest is just added fun & adventures in vaping. (sorry so long; I'm wordy)

deach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
IL
Personally I'd had never made it with a box to start with. I had to have that "cig like thing" in my hand. I started with something my lady brought home (21st century disposable) and then found the blu's at walgreens. I used those for a month with total success. I then got the blu kit from walgreens and about three weeks later another one used from a guy. I got a couple of those volcano starter things along the way. I've used those and a joye 510 only until yesterday. I picked up a 5 volt box mod. Although the box is killer (and maybe literally) I called the fellow back and told him I needed variable voltage at the very least. I still find myself hanging the "cig like" things out of my mouth a lot and I take comfort in that.

Good luck to you on your quest.
Deach

I agree TOTALLY what works for some may not work for others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread