• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Let's share one vaping anecdot

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIVAP2

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2011
Eastern Canada
Mine to share:
I was signing up a service request with customers as they were moving in their new house. I vape discretely when customers are obviously non smokers. As they were looking at the brochures, I blew a good puff over the counter clogged of tools and documents. The smoke detector hidden in this pile of things wen't off. They never realized I was the vaping.
-"What happened?" donno. maybe the battery is weak.:(

Last edited:

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I was heading to Target in my mom-mobile, sucking on my provari with tank. I stopped at a red light and noticed the older gentleman in the truck next to me could to quit staring at me. The light turned green and we ended up next to each other at the next red light.

He continued to stare at me, and it seemed like he'd try to look away, but couldn't help himself from turning back to stare again and again.

I rolled down my window (his was already down). I said, "it's an electronic cigarette.". He said, "oh yeah?"

I said, "Yeah, I noticed you looking, just in case you were thinking it was something illegal, it's just nicotine."

He replied, "Yeah, I WAS wondering about that. Does it work?"

"Oh yeah, it works great!"

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
ya ya sure...... didn't you realize he wasn't actually looking at 'you' but was watching for the light change on the opposing lane to nail that throttle in a good ole fashioned street-race ?

Damn those old guys and their grand marquis !! :D

LOL! Pretty sure he was staring at me wondering what the hell I was smoking. If he'd had laser vision I would be a smoldering pile of carbon now.

VIVAP2

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2011
Eastern Canada
Eventhough I didn't know there was a smoke detector on the counter, I really didn't expect it to go off from a cloud of vapor. But it doesn't take much of burnt particles for a smoke detector to start screaming, especially if you blow wright on it. May be my kanger was going towards the "dry" side. A wick can burn... I am waiting for an opportunity of re-doing the experiment on my own smoke detector.
-------------------
Back on the anecdots. I have another one to share:

A while after I started vaping few months ago, my little 4 yo daughter asked me what is this while looking at the bottle of juice on my office desk. I said its my medecine, don't touch that. She leaned over, smelled and said:

-"Papa, ton bobo sent le bonbon!"

BardicDruid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2009
Central Texas
Shortly after I started vaping I got a passthrough, at the time I was taking some network classes at the community college and my ornery came out. I took the PT out plugged it into a usb on the box I was sitting at and took a long welcome draw, and boy that was a cloud of vapor I exhaled. Well this shocked the you know what out of the professor and he barked at me "What are you doing????". I looked at him as serious as a judge and told him "my box is running slow so I'm sucking the smoke out it." I couldn't have shocked him more if I shot him with a taser, then I explained what it really was and that I hadn't had a cigarette in almost a month using it and he didn't have problem letting me use it in class after that.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
For those wondering about the ability of vapor to set off a smoke detector, http://chemistry.about.com/cs/howthingswork/a/aa071401a.htm

Seems like it would be possible in the photoelectric type, as they work by scattering of light by the smoke. Seems like vapor could do this too. Seems less likely that vapor could set off an ionization type.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

VIVAP2

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2011
Eastern Canada
I just did the test at home and it is an ionization type using radioactive material. The vapor did set it off.
Then I looked at the filler in the kanger which was getting due for a re-fill. I re-filled it, redo the test and it took a few puffs before it goes off again. I suspect a small amount of the filler to be burnt in the process.

Katmandu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
Canada
About a month ago, I'm heading down the double lane highway on my way home vaping up a storm like usual. A car went speeding by me in the fast lane.

Suddenly I saw his break lights and he slowed down and drew up right beside me. I looked over at him, he waved an ego at me, smiled this great big grin and then he took off again down the highway.

I chuckled all the way home!

kingcobra

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2011
Canada
I bought a bottle of nic juice and a blunt tip needle and syringe from my buddy who dropped it off at work. I had a client look at me funny as the guy passed me this, must have looked pretty suspicious, however they didn't ask any questions :)

So I get home with it and my wife asks me what the hell is that? So I put the needle together and roll up my sleeve and say, vaping isn't doing it for me anymore, I've moved on to shooting it up now :D

wreimer

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
Vapor will definetly set off a photoelectric style smoke detector. Most fire codes now call for both ionization and photoelectric detectors to be installed in commerical spaces and rental accommodations. Some building codes also require it in new home construction. The idea being one will detect visible smoke, the other will detect the byproducts of combustion

Toronnah

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2012
Canada
About a month ago, I'm heading down the double lane highway on my way home vaping up a storm like usual. A car went speeding by me in the fast lane.
Suddenly I saw his break lights and he slowed down and drew up right beside me. I looked over at him, he waved an ego at me, smiled this great big grin and then he took off again down the highway.

LOL,

It's kind of like the biker wave.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
LOL, great story!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread