The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Let's talk about the Vmod! Calling all Vmodders and those interested in the Vmod!

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by fourthrok, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Skullman

Skullman ~ Membered ~ Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 30, 2013
    South Sound Lahar Zone

~ Hey TeaRose: That would be great! I most definitely would want one and would be an excuse to get another 2.0! Hey, if they have an Extra Green 2.0 I would be interested as well! Thanks!

Whoa Whoa; Someone is working on a Boba's Recipe? Really Eddie? How's it coming along any success? That is one recipe I always want to try! {:{}

2. EddieAdams

EddieAdams Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2013
    New York
    Without the ability to clear the chamber as is with the tube modification liquid remains in the chamber and squeezing the bottle just delivers more liquid. Without the tube when you squeeze with it upright the air forces the liquid in the chamber into the atomizer.

The vmod is a two stage fill design. Tilt and partly squeeze keeping it pressed, liquid goes into the chamber, then turn upright and full squeeze the liquid in the chamber goes into the atomizer.

Air also passes through the chamber with 510 atomizers. They draw in from the bottom. If the chamber is filled with liquid then you'll get gurgling. Usually you could force that excess liquid into the atomizer with air from the bottle. With the tube mod you just use more liquid which keeps it flooded.

Most rdas air inlets are located on the side or top. The chamber being flooded below doesn't affect air flow at all.

I found the tube mod great for rdas and awful for atomizers....couldn't stand the gurgling.

3. Vince159

Vince159 Unresolved Status ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2012
    Citrus Heights, CA USA
    Hey folks! I'm searching for 9ml Vmod bottles! anyone know anyone who can part with 1 or 2? The sites are all out of them.

4. Katdarling

Katdarling I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;) Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Wish I did, Vince. I think I'm down to one only of the small sized bottles. Good-a luck-a!

5. aikanae1

aikanae1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2013
    az
    I don't see why Vapage would stop stocking them since they still sell the mod. Are there any other stores selling Vmods? I know there used to be.

6. EddieAdams

EddieAdams Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2013
    New York
    Vince I'll happily send you some

• Like Like x 4
  7. Vince159

Vince159 Unresolved Status ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2012
    Citrus Heights, CA USA
    I checked with Vapage they said 6 weeks, and I search all the sites and they're all out. Thank you very much Eddie!! I'll PM you :)

8. tearose50

tearose50 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2011
    Left coast
    Not seeing the BF hybrid attys showing up yet on the Vapage site, but I did notice that shells are now on sale at 1/2 off. Also, a la carte vmod is 2 for one -- making them about $42 each.

No Code Required!

(Could it be that Vapage is phasing the Vmod out?)

• Like Like x 2
  9. Bookworm

Bookworm Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    USA
    I don't know if they are phasing it out, but this sale has been going on for quite a while. The problem is I don't need two kits, just one haha.

• Like Like x 1
  10. aikanae1

Feb 2, 2013
    az
    Not many people need 2 of the same mod. They would do better from a marketing standpoint of varying the discount. There's a renewed interest in bf's and few people seem to know about vmod's.

• Like Like x 2
  11. blondie1964

blondie1964 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2009
    Pittsburgh
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  12. Skullman

Jan 30, 2013
    South Sound Lahar Zone

Nice Looking RBA on your Vmod! What is it? Did you modify it to work or did it come as a Bottom Feeder? Please enlighten us!

Thanks
    Skully {:{}

• Like Like x 1
  13. blondie1964

blondie1964 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2009
    Pittsburgh
    Think i got this on reosmods site, its 14mm bottomfeeder atty.
    With 510 to 510 adapter

• Like Like x 1
  14. Treeburner1983

Treeburner1983 Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

One thing I still can't figure out from reading: Is the Vmod compatible with standard BF RDAs like you would put on a Reo, or does it require atomizers that are designed for its two-stage feed system? My fianceè is going to be jealous when she tries my Grunt Vapor SIB, so would love to pick up a couple Vmods if they will work.

Thanks,
    Treeburner

15. Skullman

Jan 30, 2013
    South Sound Lahar Zone

~ Hey Blondie, I think I've seen it over there before but its been a while! It looks Real Sharp on Your Vmod!

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  16. y cherry y

y cherry y Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2012
    Ypsilanti, MI
    Yeah, it's a modified IGo-S, a very tasty small-chamber atty.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Skullman

Jan 30, 2013
    South Sound Lahar Zone

~ Hey Treeburner: The Vmod was designed to use their own Atomizer/Cartomizers only. There are other manufactures Bottom Fed Atomizers and Cartomizers that work fine in the Vmod. Some Say Better then Vmods own! I'm partial to Vmods Hybrid Atomizers.

Using Bottom Fed RBA's is a bit different. Some modifications need to be done to work with the Vmod like using 510 to 510 Connectors, Modifying the Feed System, the Tank, the Hose or Tank & Hose even adding a cut down Syringe in Tank.

You can purchase Pre-made Bottom Feeder RBA's they tend to be spendy or just Drill or Slot the $5 to $12 RBA's you can get from AngelCigs. I have 4 Vmods 2 have been converted to RBA's.

Those GruntVapor SIB's are Real Nice just wish they weren't so spendy!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Treeburner1983

Treeburner1983 Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Guess I'll forgo the Vmod and just pass along the SIB once I find a TC squonker that's not $500. Thanks for the info Skully!

-Treeburner

19. aikanae1

Feb 2, 2013
    az
    Are you sure? I know the early Vmods were proprietary but they haven't been more than a deep 510 connection for several yrs (and the reason for the extra 510 to 510 connex min) but outside of that any bf rda should work. I picked up FT version of an A7 thats fine. I just find drippers to be and extra hassle and prefer the atomizers instead so I was hoping someone with more experience would chime in. The extra mods of adding a tube etc are do-able but not required to getting a bf rda working on Vmod. The difference is Vmod needs to be tipped and squonked whereas the tube just requires squonking - no tipping. For an introductory bf system I think Vmod still holds its own with the addition of not requiring a rda (for us that hate doing coils) and mine have never leaked in my purse no matter how they've been tossed in.

That's just another opinion. There's several bf's on the market now, from the plastic owl to reo clone, so we're sure to see more coming out for bf's. The little Pekos DIY would be my ideal if only it took a non leaking atty.

I think Vapage has a 15% off site wide right now.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.