Let's talk about the Vmod! Calling all Vmodders and those interested in the Vmod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone

~ Hey TeaRose: That would be great! I most definitely would want one and would be an excuse to get another 2.0! Hey, if they have an Extra Green 2.0 I would be interested as well! Thanks!

Whoa Whoa; Someone is working on a Boba's Recipe? Really Eddie? How's it coming along any success? That is one recipe I always want to try! {:{}

Eddie! Great to see you.

You still working on that Boba's recipe?

Skully --- If I ever run into any of the old gang that might have a 2.0 skull shell, I'll let you know.

EddieAdams

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
New York

~ Hey Eddie: Are you talking about like with a tank Atomizer? I've done it with rda's and with the Vapage Hybrid Atomizer with no problems. Now I've never tried any other manufactures Hybrid in this conversion so I have no experience there but I'm curious to what you are speaking with? I've never tried it with a tank, kind of defeats the purpose. Plus there are two ways of doing it that I know of; Tube Only and Tube with Syringe. There is also Tube with Syringe for Pick up and Syringe in Cap. With the Latter giving some leeway in adjustment. Depending on style going with, there are the Open 510 to 510 Short & Shorty Connectors to build it!

Please enlighten me!
Thanks Skully {:{}
Without the ability to clear the chamber as is with the tube modification liquid remains in the chamber and squeezing the bottle just delivers more liquid. Without the tube when you squeeze with it upright the air forces the liquid in the chamber into the atomizer.

The vmod is a two stage fill design. Tilt and partly squeeze keeping it pressed, liquid goes into the chamber, then turn upright and full squeeze the liquid in the chamber goes into the atomizer.

Air also passes through the chamber with 510 atomizers. They draw in from the bottom. If the chamber is filled with liquid then you'll get gurgling. Usually you could force that excess liquid into the atomizer with air from the bottle. With the tube mod you just use more liquid which keeps it flooded.

Most rdas air inlets are located on the side or top. The chamber being flooded below doesn't affect air flow at all.

I found the tube mod great for rdas and awful for atomizers....couldn't stand the gurgling.

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
One thing I still can't figure out from reading: Is the Vmod compatible with standard BF RDAs like you would put on a Reo, or does it require atomizers that are designed for its two-stage feed system? My fianceè is going to be jealous when she tries my Grunt Vapor SIB, so would love to pick up a couple Vmods if they will work.

Thanks,
Treeburner

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone

~ Hey Treeburner: The Vmod was designed to use their own Atomizer/Cartomizers only. There are other manufactures Bottom Fed Atomizers and Cartomizers that work fine in the Vmod. Some Say Better then Vmods own! I'm partial to Vmods Hybrid Atomizers.

Using Bottom Fed RBA's is a bit different. Some modifications need to be done to work with the Vmod like using 510 to 510 Connectors, Modifying the Feed System, the Tank, the Hose or Tank & Hose even adding a cut down Syringe in Tank.

You can purchase Pre-made Bottom Feeder RBA's they tend to be spendy or just Drill or Slot the $5 to $12 RBA's you can get from AngelCigs. I have 4 Vmods 2 have been converted to RBA's.

Those GruntVapor SIB's are Real Nice just wish they weren't so spendy!

Skully {:{}

One thing I still can't figure out from reading: Is the Vmod compatible with standard BF RDAs like you would put on a Reo, or does it require atomizers that are designed for its two-stage feed system? My fianceè is going to be jealous when she tries my Grunt Vapor SIB, so would love to pick up a couple Vmods if they will work.

Thanks,
Treeburner

Reactions: aikanae1

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az

~ Hey Treeburner: The Vmod was designed to use their own Atomizer/Cartomizers only. There are other manufactures Bottom Fed Atomizers and Cartomizers that work fine in the Vmod. Some Say Better then Vmods own! I'm partial to Vmods Hybrid Atomizers.

Using Bottom Fed RBA's is a bit different. Some modifications need to be done to work with the Vmod like using 510 to 510 Connectors, Modifying the Feed System, the Tank, the Hose or Tank & Hose even adding a cut down Syringe in Tank.

You can purchase Pre-made Bottom Feeder RBA's they tend to be spendy or just Drill or Slot the $5 to $12 RBA's you can get from AngelCigs. I have 4 Vmods 2 have been converted to RBA's.

Those GruntVapor SIB's are Real Nice just wish they weren't so spendy!

Skully {:{}
Are you sure? I know the early Vmods were proprietary but they haven't been more than a deep 510 connection for several yrs (and the reason for the extra 510 to 510 connex min) but outside of that any bf rda should work. I picked up FT version of an A7 thats fine. I just find drippers to be and extra hassle and prefer the atomizers instead so I was hoping someone with more experience would chime in. The extra mods of adding a tube etc are do-able but not required to getting a bf rda working on Vmod. The difference is Vmod needs to be tipped and squonked whereas the tube just requires squonking - no tipping. For an introductory bf system I think Vmod still holds its own with the addition of not requiring a rda (for us that hate doing coils) and mine have never leaked in my purse no matter how they've been tossed in.

That's just another opinion. There's several bf's on the market now, from the plastic owl to reo clone, so we're sure to see more coming out for bf's. The little Pekos DIY would be my ideal if only it took a non leaking atty.

I think Vapage has a 15% off site wide right now.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread