You know how people are always saying "...just get a Provari!"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Well..that's pretty much how I'm feeling now. Only not for a Provari. For my Vmod bottom feeder.

I've been interested in bottom feeders since 2011, but never got one. I did get a plethora of other APVs and stuff, however. I tried (and mostly liked) a bunch of stuff. Eventually concluded I preferred the "box" form. Liked mechanicals a lot...but did venture in VV for awhile. Became very proficient with carto tanks over the past year+. I figured I had pretty much settled on my comfort zone set up with a VV Gripper, Ovale V8 and carto tanks. Was thinking I was very happy. Even pre-ordered a Tmax. Thought that would be the "best of all worlds" for my vaping enjoyment.

Then Vapage had a sale, and it was one I couldn't refuse. After all...I must have visited the Vapage site every week since mid 2012 where I'd drool wistfully over the Vmod XL. I signed up for their newsletters last Fall. They did have a nice sale over the Holidays, but the timing was wrong for my budget. Long story short: the timing this time was right. 50% off a Vmod XL full kit. What choice did I have? I'd been waiting for such a sale for months! So I pulled the trigger.

It's life changing. Seriously. I wish I'd just gotten this thing in the first place! All my other APVs are languishing, unused now for weeks. I'll try to use one or the other periodically, but they just don't deliver the killer punch. The same amazing flavor. The bottom feeder is just soooo much better. For me. I have been enlightened, and am humbled. I know the Bogger Box and the REO etc. are "higher end" according to most BF fans here. I won't argue that point. But personally...I like the rounded design and the simplicity of the Vmod. I like the little cone thingy. The aesthetics please me. Right now..although I've been practicing using the hybrid atomizers Vapage makes, I far prefer cartomizers (as I always have) and use their Silos and super shorty cartos found on other sites. It's love, I tell you! Love! We may have started out shaky due to the learning curve...but now? OMG.

I've cancelled my pre-order for the Tmax.

So. Just throwing this out there. Had to get it off my chest. Thank you for reading. You may now return to your regular programming. :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Wow, that's quite a confession coming from you. I know how much you liked your cartotanks on your Grippers and Ovale V8's, and how excited you were about the Tmax box mod. I'm impressed. :)

I was never ever a dripper, so the whole concept of the bottom feeder box mods never really grabbed my attention enough for me to ever consider actually purchasing one. I'm about to pull the trigger on another Provari, this time a Mini, very soon. Perhaps the next mod after that will be a V mod.

SilentEcho13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2010
New York
Naw. That would be going back to the carto tank thing. That's not like a bottom feeder. A different experience altogether!

But the Billet Box is one pretty toy with a cool design! I'll give it that!

Hah, I'm just saying that because mine just came in lol.

I actually use a Reo Mini too. It's an awesome little PV, extremely convenient. Gotta love bottomfeeders right?

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I was never ever a dripper, so the whole concept of the bottom feeder box mods never really grabbed my attention enough for me to ever consider actually purchasing one. I'm about to pull the trigger on another Provari, this time a Mini, very soon. Perhaps the next mod after that will be a V mod.

I'm not a dripper, either. But I've found that the Silos and the super shorty cartomizers (a few vendors have them...DV, MV, and Surevpes are a couple) work really well. I've tried the atomizers and find them too fiddly for my tastes...but do enjoy the taste of the juice when I get them working right. With the Silos and shorties...I GET THE SAME CLEAN TASTE! I kid you not. It's not like vaping most cartomizers (whether in a tank or not) when on the BF. It's amazing the difference.

Congrats on getting a new mini Provari! I know you'll enjoy it! Wish Provape would consider a box mod form. Oh well.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Glad you like it, and got a deal on it to boot!

I'm interested in getting a good BF setup but I think first I need to get a nice mech. All I have so far are my sucession of eGo's and my VAMO.

Vape ON!

Well..for what it's worth...the Vmod IS mechanical. Uber mechanical. It even likes baths! lol!! (well..remove the battey, bottle and atomizer/carto first, of course!) It'll take any ohm you throw at it, apparently.

I ran into someone in another thread who uses some sort of RBA on his. Pretty cool.

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
Glad to hear you got it finally. I know from another thread you'd been wanting one for a while. The next PV I buy will definately be a bottom feeder, though probly a Reo. And yes, there are a few RBA's that are bottom-fed compatible, the least expensive and arguably easiest to set up being the A7. I'm getting a couple more of those in preperation for a BF mod.

tippyclubb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Michigan
I agree....just get a Vmod. I absolutely love mine because they are hassle free and do not leak. When I see post of beginners asking for advice on what to get I always suggest the Vmod. I doubt many ( if any ) of them actually end up getting one because they tend to direct questions towards other devices people suggest. That's too bad because the Vmod is so easy to use with a small learning curve.

I found fooling around with cartos and tanks to be exasperating 70% of the time. It seems something was always going wrong and I just wanted something that performed well all the time with little preparation time. I found that in the Vmod.

I was at a meet Saturday and a few people tried my Vmod and they were impressed with the power of this small mod. The owner of the vaping lounge wrote down info about the mod and said she was going to order some. She also thought it would be a great mod for a beginner. Finally, someone agrees with me in regards to this mod!

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I've said it so many times I should just make it my signature: Feeders changed everything about how I vape, how I think about vaping, and even how I interact with the rest of the vaping community. - Want to reduce/nearly-eliminate the hassle? Get a feeder.

Glad you got your feeder and I'm glad you sorted out your initial issues.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I've said it so many times I should just make it my signature: Feeders changed everything about how I vape, how I think about vaping, and even how I interact with the rest of the vaping community. - Want to reduce/nearly-eliminate the hassle? Get a feeder..
You said a mouthful there. I'm noticing the changes too! Big time.It's liberating.

bryce704

Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
Lambertville
I love my VMOD xl so much! had it a couple weeks still running the same 1.5 hybrid aty, I really do prefer those over the cartomizer. I recommended it to a friend who wanted to get into vaping. Since he got it has been three days and he absolutely loves, hasn't even thought about analogs. Now I want to get another bottom feeder, perhaps something I can use an RBA with. Maybe a reo with his RBA or the new bogger box DNA 2.0 look insane.

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Bought my first Vmod on a July 4th sale in 2011. For me they are simply great pocket and travel mods. I still use my original wood feeder as well as a wonderful assortment of other devices I have acquired along the way when I'm at home or in a stable location. But, a Vmod is always with me when I am out and about.

The pro spec version of the Hybrid atty has been wonderful and it's all I use on my vmods these days.

Sitting here.. all happy and whatnot.. with my provari and svt vision vivi nova.. I have it great! Awesome flavor, awesome vapor, awesome pv.. Then I read this thread and my world comes crashing down. After trying so many different things I had thought that I had come to a wonderful place of contentment and now I feel that might not be the case because I have not tried a bottom feeder. I'm going to have to jump at one of these now.. Thanks guys..

:unsure:

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I'm not really sure, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that the Lady is enjoying her new mod.
Glad you found your vaping bliss my lady. Personally I just got into RBA,(Now that I own 3 Chobras, 1ZAP and just got a RSST up and vaping tonight. Been using mechanical mods lately along with some others. (Now I got a Gripper plus all the other toys)
Darn it now I got to start looking at bottom feeders. Like I need another mod. Geese!!!!!!!:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread