Lets talk ZNA 30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimo114

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Jacksonville FL
Yea I caught the two part video too.I also liked the part when zen said don't pay flipper prices just wait it out you will get one.I really want one of the limited editions but I think as said in the vid. they are already spoken for and more than likely I will have to pay a flipped price for that unit??

I'm not a fan of the bronze but I want that gunmetal finish. So nice

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

DemonCow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
USA
IMG_20140124_150454 (1).jpg

Thats with the 18650 body tube on, stand up with 510 on or anything on top. Just got it in mail few minutes ago :)

edit: Too bad it is autofiring everything I put on it :-( /sigh

Last edited:

DemonCow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
USA
Just took that picture to show it stands up just fine with 18650 body tube, but it comes with 18490 tube. 1100 mah rating on aw imr 18490.

z2 thread is just the threading on zenesis 2 products, so all the different battery tubes you can buy n swap out, or swap out carto hybrid, zenesis atomizer, or any 510 top piece you own with a 510 top cap

Cjgroe

Verified Member
Mar 29, 2013
Long Island, NY
Got mine yesterday, I absolutely love it. It fits perfectly in ones hand, and does stand up straight with either body tube. Used it all day with 18650 tube while at wok, and it was quite comfortable to hold. Only bad thing is that kayfuns do not sit flush. The russian 91 does however, and it matches the ZNA perfectly with fhe brushed finish.

Optimo114

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
Jacksonville FL
Got mine yesterday, I absolutely love it. It fits perfectly in ones hand, and does stand up straight with either body tube. Used it all day with 18650 tube while at wok, and it was quite comfortable to hold. Only bad thing is that kayfuns do not sit flush. The russian 91 does however, and it matches the ZNA perfectly with fhe brushed finish.

That is a huge bummer for me. I can't stand it when a device doesn't sit flush. A kayfun is my main device too. I guess that means I'll need to add a Russian to the deal as well... This is getting expensive lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
I don't own a ZNA ( and doubt i will ever want one ) but have owned a few Z2 devices ( and sold them )

The battery rattle feature ( not issue ) in the Z2 line will not be a feature on the ZNA simply because if the feature was on the ZNA, The DNA30 would reset itself and reboot every single time you fired the button. So Zen did away with the gap in-between the battery/terminal when not being fired because it won't fly with the DNA board and also the switch style is totally different on the ZNA.

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
I got one. the thing hits like a beast even on dual coils which surprised me... so far the only downside is that my battery barely lasts 2 hours.... I really don't want to have to get the 18 650 tube because this thing looks pretty sick with the 490

In pbusardos 2 part youtube vid. with zen he said the 18490 would not last very long if you were a heavy vapor.he said he carried around 3 18490 batts with him using it.

maf2k8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2009
Chicago, IL
www.facebook.com
The 2 main things that totally kill it for me with the ZNA is 1) The 18490 battery, Yeah i can buy an extra tube but that extra $$$ and a spare tube ill never use 2) Zen uses the same exact top cap center pin assembly as his Z2 line, Which is non adjustable. There are ways around it but i really don't want to be modding a 300.00 mod..

Its a awesome looking device, Don't get me wrong ( and no i am not bashing it ) but the Z2 portion of it is a deal breaker for me.

If i were to get one, I would want the Limited Edit. one.. and with the added 18650 tube i am looking at 400+ DNA mod.. and thats a little to insane for me..

Last edited:

KAS129

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2013
Columbus, OH, USA
^^ I agree. The 18490 battery is an issue for a mod that is designed for 30 watt vaping. The 18650 tube should be included, even at an increase of price, to allow the user to get the best from the mod. The Z2 spec 510 connector is also a real issue, seeing as how it means probably the most popular RBA on the market (Kayfun and associated clones) are reported to not fit flush on many units. Adjustment of the contact screw just moves the gap to the mod itself. There are also reports of units shipping with the fire button not releasing causing the unit to fire constantly. I agree the ZNA is a work of art . It is a truly beautiful piece but it doesn't seem to be ready for prime time, at least not yet. I seriously considered buying one but went another direction due to the issues reported, lack of availability, and weird release practices of his retail dealer. I will reconsider and maybe even buy one later when the issues and availability have been addressed but for now just doesn't make sense. It just seems this thing is still being engineered on the fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread