The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Lets talk ZNA 30

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by t8kiteasy, Jan 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. plant

plant Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2014
    socal
    The piece that your body tube screws into can be repositioned. With your body tube still attached, find an Allen wrench long enough to reach the bolt, loosen the bolt a bit, get your body tube flush, then tighten the bolt back down.

2. stumpfreeman

stumpfreeman Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 27, 2013
    Forest Lake, MN
    Hmmm.....just tried it and my battery tube won't line up. As soon as I retighten the pin, it just ends up back out of alignment.

3. plant

plant Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2014
    socal
    You holding the tube in place while you tighten the bolt? Other than that I'm not sure.

4. stumpfreeman

stumpfreeman Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 27, 2013
    Forest Lake, MN
    Yes, but it doesn't seem to want to stay straight against the DNA module.

5. Geoff_NYC

Geoff_NYC Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2010
    New York City
    Hmm...So i am trying to decide between picking up a ZNA-Lite from ElectroNicStix or waiting for the next Provari (P3). Any advice? I've had a Provari mni for almost 3 years (since they first came out). It has done right by me this whole time. But the the extra flexibility of a DNA board excites me. What are the primary complaints of the ZNA-Lite? They fixed the "gap" issue right? My understanding is that there's now a floating pin on the ZNA-Lite.

Any other people out there that have used a ZNA-Lite and also a provari mini? If so, what were your impressions of the change?

Thanks for your help...Keep on vaping.

ps.. I pretty much exclusively run Kayfuns (kfl+ original, and clones (Black Edition)). I know there were issues with making a connection. Are those resolved with the floating pin?.

6. joaquingt

joaquingt Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2013
    San Francisco
    The pin is not floating is adjustable, the ZNA is a beautiful pv, the lite has no issues, if you already have a zen pv you will love it, are you going to vape over 30 watts or low ohms ? If yes don't think about it and buy it, I some Zen mods including the ZNA, and I don't regret of it, but I'll get the provari 3 too.

7. Flyfishsick

Flyfishsick Senior Member Verified Member

Jun 13, 2014
    USA
    I have a ZNA and LOVE it!!! there customer service is great also!!! I have seen the PV P3 videos on youtube and It looks to big and to hokey with all the menus and settings that it has? I like to keep it simple and just vape and the ZNA has been rock solid for me.
    I also like my vapor shark rdna not as small and stream lined as the ZNA and not as easy to swap the battery out (very important to me)

what ever you get i'm sure you will get a great vape from it.

8. Geoff_NYC

Geoff_NYC Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2010
    New York City
    Thanks, Guys!
    I just pulled the trigger and bought a ZNA-Lite from ElectroNicStix. Let the waiting game begin. Thankfully, I'm heading away on business for the week. So, hopefully it will be waiting for me when I come home. Sweet!.

Do you guys have any tips or tricks I should know?

9. Weizenheimer

Weizenheimer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2013
    North Carolina
    The pin in the 510 isn't floating, but the contact point it hits is spring loaded. The 510 itself is dual adjustable.

10. heliguy

heliguy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 1, 2011
    chicago
    Well I lost my Darwin that was over 2 years old! Luckily I have a VV Reo Grand to use. The issue is that I need a 2nd mod and Im looking towards a ZNA.

Whats the battery life on these for people that keep them under 15W. For Reference on my darwin I usually use 1.5ohm at 8.6 watts. I have never really had the need to go much higher. I dont really like carying extra batteries around with me and need a mod that can withstand my all day vaping habbit!

Also whats the difference between the regular and lite version? Is it just the battery size?

11. slappy3139

slappy3139 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2013
    New Iberia, LA, USA
    DNA30 can't regulate down, so until your battery reaches 3.6 volts you will be at a higher wattage, because at 1.5 ohms on a fully charged battery you will actually produce around 11 watts.

12. joaquingt

Apr 10, 2013
    San Francisco
    the zna lite is made of aluminium the normal one is SS you can just buy any 18650 zen tube and use a 18650 battery, mine last whole day with my 18650 at 22 watts, 18490 will last half day.

13. coco.bun

coco.bun Full Member Verified Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Chicago
    Looking for advice. Thinking about buying my first regulated and deciding between a solara dna30 and a zna30. Which would you choose and why? Mostly wondering about how a LiPo battery on the solara would perform against a 18500.
    Sorry for the vague open ended question but looking for input since its my first regulated and still doing my research... Thanks in advance!

14. coco.bun

coco.bun Full Member Verified Member

Oct 1, 2013
    Chicago
    Alright, ended up getting an authentic ZNA30 a-stock.
    I love it :). Probably just me but I think it might be a battery hog (even at lower wattage)... but that's why I also got a 18650 tube :) .

[​IMG]

15. slappy3139

Apr 8, 2013
    New Iberia, LA, USA
    No, it's not you, the zna IS a battery hog

16. k2zs

k2zs Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 23, 2014
    Rochester, NY
    How can the ZNA be any more of a battery hog than another DNA device? Wouldn't that be a function of the board itself?

I have one (ZNA) and when my batteries were new, I'd get a full day out of one 18490. Now, I can't get but a few hours out of one. Couldn't it be just tired batteries? Or are you saying there's more of a voltage drop in the ZNA than say a Vapor Shark?

17. slappy3139

Apr 8, 2013
    New Iberia, LA, USA
    No, it's a function of the DNA chipset, when I compare battery life with say a provari running the same atty at the same power level my battery will last quite a bit longer on the provari

18. joaquingt

Apr 10, 2013
    San Francisco
    Yes I notice that my zna is not as powerful as my other dna30 mods, also it shows empty battery when the battery is at 3.7 and it start resetting, part of the issue is due the stock spring, I replaced my spring and got the issue fixed temporary, I need to send it back to mike for manintence.

19. k2zs

k2zs Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 23, 2014
    Rochester, NY
    That's what mine started doing. It doesn't reset, but the battery will show as empty. If I un-screw the battery cap and re-boot it the battery comes back for a while.

So that's fixable?

20. slappy3139

Apr 8, 2013
    New Iberia, LA, USA
    It's not the ZNA, it's the voltage sag of the batteries. Pre-installed nonremovable lipo batteries have less sag. It doesn't help if you're using the 2000 mah AWs or 18490s either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.