Lexington Vape Meet Met with Opposition from Univ. of Ky Antz Professor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JW50

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2011
USA Kentucky
When is the next vape meet? Also can anyone in led sell me ejuice until my order arrives??

Sent from my llama4s using brain control

Ms. Hahn may have some. From drop outs who chose Chantix maybe. If nothing there, most all suppliers on internet really quick. Maybe some brick and mortar suppliers in Lex? For certain, brick and mortar in Evansville, Ind., and, I'm told, in Owensboro. Suspect there are one or more in Lexington. In a pinch though, Pilot sells e-cigs - probably several drug stores as well.

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
Ms. Hahn may have some. From drop outs who chose Chantix maybe. If nothing there, most all suppliers on internet really quick. Maybe some brick and mortar suppliers in Lex? For certain, brick and mortar in Evansville, Ind., and, I'm told, in Owensboro. Suspect there are one or more in Lexington. In a pinch though, Pilot sells e-cigs - probably several drug stores as well.

Owensboro brick and mortar? Does anyone have any info on it? I'm not too far away and it would be nice to have a place within reasonable driving distance if I get in a pinch.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran

McDougal

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
So, I was so looking forward to going to this Vape Meet in Lexington, KY this weekend.
Well, I'm still going but it has been hit hard with one crazy woman's opposition.
She is a professor at the nearby Univ. of KY and head of their Center for a Smoky-Free Policy.
She has been in the news before and discussed in this very subforum here as one spreading fear-mongering and heresy.
That said, she wrote a letter to the hotel where the vape meet is going to take place, putting a damper on the entire event. It would not surprise me that when we arrive, there will be protesters at the hotel with picket signs... ~sigh~
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-Z66KV_MY2JRFlVbFkzZkh3NUU/edit?pli=1
Notice the erroneous information proported on page 1 of the letter as well as the misinformation on page 2 in the box of "research findings."

Does this woman get kickbacks from pharmaceutical companies? Is there any evidence of connections to possibly hostile interests?

McDougal

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
Probably, she is at university of
KENTUCKY afterall...

Yes, I read somewhere that she gets kickbacks from Pfizer, but I'm not sure. Either way, it makes sense. Big tobacco and big pharma easily dwarf the e-cig industry.

Her hostility is a shame, considering she could be using this opportunity for harm reduction.

Stubby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Madison, WI USA
Yes, I read somewhere that she gets kickbacks from Pfizer, but I'm not sure. Either way, it makes sense. Big tobacco and big pharma easily dwarf the e-cig industry.

Her hostility is a shame, considering she could be using this opportunity for harm reduction.

Yeah you'd think. But someone is cutting her a piece of something. I just wish she'd get busted in some street drug scandal or something. She needs to get gone !

http://tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.com/2012/08/author-of-article-attacking-e.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread