Liberating 510 batterie "threading" without pipecutter

Status
Not open for further replies.

twoshadetod

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
Jacksonville
I can't wait any longer for a battery to die, I just got my lithium in the mail and am DYING to finish this nicostick. I have 3 batteries now, so even after building the nicostick I'll have 2 for my reg ecig set up.

I have heard pipecutters are recommended, is there another way a guy with minimal tools can do it? I got the nicostick together besides this last part, and patience is not a virtue of mine.

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX
I will be honest with you first of all, i have never pulled a 510 connector out of it's casing.

I have pulled many 801, 901, 401 and 808's, if this applies to all the same, the connector is both glued and press fit into the casing, so, you need to first heat the casing a bit around the area of the connector, and then use an atomizer to yank it slowly to both sides which will make the casing trumpet out a little, and finally liberating the connector.

If you try to use pliers or something similar to grab the connector instead of the atomizer itself, you will end up with a deformed or even broken connector.
Also, you have to be careful when yanking it, since you also could end up with an atomizer connector in your hand instead of the one you really need.

warp1900

ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2009
TX
Thanks for the input, is there any danger of the battery exploding if I used a lighter to heat the outside while spinning it?

I keep hearing about lithium batteries being dangerous. I wonder how much of it is hype sometimes.

Sorry, my mistake, you need to remove the battery first and you do that by taking the ash cap and pulling it out with nose pliers.

I doubt leaving it in would cause any problem unless you use a torch to heat it a little (don't), but glad you mentioned it.

Just use a lighter or a candle would work also, you just need to heat it up a little to soften the glue.

twoshadetod

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2009
Jacksonville
Oh, so I can take the battery out easily from the "other end"? IF so that makes me feel alot better, just need confirmation and I'm doing it.

Sorry, my mistake, you need to remove the battery first and you do that by taking the ash cap and pulling it out with nose pliers.

I doubt leaving it in would cause any problem unless you use a torch to heat it a little (don't), but glad you mentioned it.

Just use a lighter or a candle would work also, you just need to heat it up a little to soften the glue.

Wench

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Pensacola, Fl.
I can't wait any longer for a battery to die, I just got my lithium in the mail and am DYING to finish this nicostick. I have 3 batteries now, so even after building the nicostick I'll have 2 for my reg ecig set up.

I have heard pipecutters are recommended, is there another way a guy with minimal tools can do it? I got the nicostick together besides this last part, and patience is not a virtue of mine.

Here's one of Maddog's vid's on disassembly of a 901 that I used to figure the process out. It's not a 510 but between the visual on this and warp talking you through it , it may help. :thumbs:

Disassembling a DSE901 Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread