Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I did ignore it. I could care less that his name is there. I watched the video. I liked the video and agree with everything it says.

What I'm talking about is the ability, or in my opinion the lack of the ability, to use this video as a tool in our fight to protect our right to vape. All you need to do is look a few posts back and see that one of our own wouldn't even click the link. If all we can do is share it here...it's a great feel-good piece but nothing to use to help change the minds of others, in particular those who ascribe to everything the media pukes out. If this vid was available without the logo on the bottom, I'd be sharing this all over the place because I think it could sway some people.

There's a lot more videos to share. You misjudge Ron Paul's popularity, and that some people couldn't ignore that and get the message of the video. Perhaps only the people that you would not share it with. The one 'abstention' here was predictable, btw - I could site you a few more, but that's really irrelevant. Each post has an article that one can use or not use according to whom you want to pass it along to. There's many to choose from. That you picked out this one to show your own personal aversion is really not necessary.

Is that a lefty Rickenbacker in your avatar... just curious....

swampergene

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Slatington, PA, USA
I do a pretty good job at making a point with folks. I'm on twitter just about every day lately going back and forth with some of the wackos and have actually swung a few our way as of late by providing them with facts. I have no problem with this video as I've said, but the people I seem to find that oppose vaping will find the smallest most irrelevant detail to pick apart our argument, and any political association is one of the easiest to go for. I like to present facts and keep all the BS away from the argument as it presents a stronger case. That's really all I'm trying to say...I wouldn't share this link outside of here unless I knew the person I was sharing it with. With a non-vaping stranger? I think your asking for trouble.

*edit: To make my point, I'd have posted the same response with ANY politicians name attached to the video.

That guitar is a modern Danelectro 59DC Reissue, lefty of course. Not as nice as an original, but built to original spec using Masonite and all...and definitely has the vibe :)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I do a pretty good job at making a point with folks. I'm on twitter just about every day lately going back and forth with some of the wackos and have actually swung a few our way as of late by providing them with facts. I have no problem with this video as I've said, but the people I seem to find that oppose vaping will find the smallest most irrelevant detail to pick apart our argument, and any political association is one of the easiest to go for. I like to present facts and keep all the BS away from the argument as it presents a stronger case. That's really all I'm trying to say...I wouldn't share this link outside of here unless I knew the person I was sharing it with. With a non-vaping stranger? I think your asking for trouble.

*edit: To make my point, I'd have posted the same response with ANY politicians name attached to the video.

That guitar is a modern Danelectro 59DC Reissue, lefty of course. Not as nice as an original, but built to original spec using Masonite and all...and definitely has the vibe :)

Nice guitar!

I think most here can figure out what to pass along to others. I agree with you as far as 'knowing your audience' and certain things and pieces from certain publications won't work with some. But here, we post pieces from numerous sources with numerous tags. This offers a resource for others to use. In some cases the Ron Paul would be just the thing to send to someone. Others, not so much. But we shouldn't limit the resources just because someone doesn't happen to like someone connected in the piece.

I just think that making the comments was unnecessary and inflammatory and detracts from the rather good piece. If that's what you wanted, then I'll oblige. If you don't comment, you don't hear from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread