LiFePO4 batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedig

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Boston, MA
i am working on a high voltage flashlight mod, and have been getting a bit crazy over the bats blowing up...i have space for 2 cr123's - from what ive read here and on the flashlight forums the LiFePO4 are the safest way to go. 2 or them for 6v...anyone here know of any conditions these could hurt someone? plan on using 2 of them in series...anything i should do to make them safer? safty first hahaha:D then big vapor

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
i am working on a high voltage flashlight mod, and have been getting a bit crazy over the bats blowing up...i have space for 2 cr123's - from what ive read here and on the flashlight forums the LiFePO4 are the safest way to go. 2 or them for 6v...anyone here know of any conditions these could hurt someone? plan on using 2 of them in series...anything i should do to make them safer? safty first hahaha:D then big vapor
As long as they are proteced you will be fine. Your attys will be the only victim. :)

NekoGurrl

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Muskego, WI
I've been looking into this also, just getting the parts together to do my first couple mods. Ordering the batteries is the next step.

The LiFePO4 battery does seem to be more stable than the standard Li-Ion batteries. The ones I decided to go with where chosen because that is what Puresmoker went with for the Prodigy.

Wikipedia has a surprisingly good article on this topic:
Lithium iron phosphate battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

kinabaloo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I've been looking into this also, just getting the parts together to do my first couple mods. Ordering the batteries is the next step.

The LiFePO4 battery does seem to be more stable than the standard Li-Ion batteries. The ones I decided to go with where chosen because that is what Puresmoker went with for the Prodigy.

Wikipedia has a surprisingly good article on this topic:
Lithium iron phosphate battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, very interesting. Main use so far has been in electrical vehicles and bikes.

"A small mobile phone battery can be recharged in just 10 seconds thanks to the improved ion flow, they report in the British journal Nature."

Not sure if those currently on the market have this amazing charging ability as elsewhere the article suggests a slow (trickle-type) charge would be best, as with Li-ions.

Anyone know more on this?

edit: after a reread I think this is a new development that is not commercially availble yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread