Lifetime of an Innokin iTaste SVD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapnWitch

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
VA, USA
I've had mine since they were available in the US last year. Some people have had theirs crap out already, but mine is still going strong (*fingers crossed that I didn't just jinx mysel*). I think mine is 9, maybe 10, months old, or something like that. It was my only device for several months, after my egos died, so it's gotten a lot of use. I don't think it will be giving out on me anytime soon. The only thing that's "gone wrong" with it is the fire button, which is a little looser now than when I got it. I have to press it in a little more firmly than when it was brand new.

They haven't really been out long enough for any real idea of how long we can expect them to last, but innokin makes good products. Some people still have their MVP 1, or the older versions of the little ego sized things (VVs, I think).

VapnWitch

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
VA, USA
That really sucks ToucheTurtle. I've heard of a couple of people with that issue.

My only complaint about mine so far isn't even really the fault of the SVD as far as I know. I got a Helios clone a couple of weeks ago and it won't screw onto the SVD (fits fine on the MVP 2, though, so no worries). I've heard that the original Helios and the clones could have that issue, where they won't fit on some things, but fit fine on others. I figured sooner or later I would come across something that wouldn't screw onto the SVD, I'm just happy I had another device that the topper did fit on.

VapnWitch

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2013
VA, USA
Yeah, thankfully. The SVD was my only device for months after my egos gave out.

But, I think it IS my SVD :( It just fell over on my desk and the IGO-L that I've been using on it for a good 7 or 8 months just went skidding across my desk. It just came out of the 510 threading, like it hadn't even been attached. I don't know what's going on with it, unless the threads are wearing out or something. I got it reattached, and it's working fine, but that was definitely weird. But, if it does give out on me in the near future, I still feel I got my money's worth from it. It's been through a lot and is still kicking.I hope that I just didn't have the IGO tightened down good enough, though.

EDIT: Oh crap, never mind. It's definitely my SVD threads :grr: The IGO just keeps popping back up on it, and won't tighten at all. The carto in my Phiniac tank is still working on it, though.

Last edited:

Sighlense

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2013
Upstate New York
I have had mine for about 4 months and the 510 threads seem to have given up. Can't get my RDA's to screw on anymore. I think it might be my fault though, as it happened after i experienced the dreaded ground fault problem stemming from a worn out rubber gasket underneath the center pin. After replacing it with a sturdy o-ring, it seemed harder to screw on the atomizers. In the end i probably ended up stripping the threads. If anyone knows of a fix(tapping it?), i'd sure like to here it. Unfortunately the 510 threading on the svd is fixed and not press fit.

Sighlense

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2013
Upstate New York

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I've had my SVD for about six months and it works just as well as when it was new, that is to say perfect :) I've dropped it (though not too badly or often) and spilt beer on it (way too many times) but it shows no signs of giving up on me.

You should always have a spare device though.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread