Lights on, nobody's home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike.S

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2013
Michigan
I'm waiting for a Halo G6, and some of their fluids.

Ordered last Wednesday, should have been here Saturday (priority mail). Nope. Not yesterday, either. Their shipping policy promises that a tracking number is sent when an order is shipped. Nope. Halo has no phone number to call, has no email address on their web site, their "Chat Online" button always says "Currently Offline." So, I filled out a web form, no response.

I'm not impressed by Halo so far.

Cinder Ella

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
www.halocigs.com
Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear about your frustration! The Halo email is support@halocigs.com and the phone number is (862) 377-0592. The chat is only available M-F from 9-5 and is sometimes off during that time if CS is overloaded with emails and phone calls. Also, they should get back to your ticket within 24 hours. In regards to the missing tracking number, have you checked your junk mail folder? These emails are automatically generated when your shipping label is printed.

Seanchai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Georgia, USA
I'm waiting for a Halo G6, and some of their fluids.

Ordered last Wednesday, should have been here Saturday (priority mail). Nope. Not yesterday, either. Their shipping policy promises that a tracking number is sent when an order is shipped. Nope. Halo has no phone number to call, has no email address on their web site, their "Chat Online" button always says "Currently Offline." So, I filled out a web form, no response.

I'm not impressed by Halo so far.

I'm waiting for the same, ordered early Saturday and haven't received a shipping notice yet. I'm guessing they're backed up, orders wise. I'll give them till the end of today to give me *something* (like a shipping notice) before I open a support ticket. Two business days is plenty of time to either get the package out or let me know why it's not out, imo.

Stuff happens, and that's fine, but if you browse the Halo forums, you'll see their tracking is useless (not technically to do with Halo, their local USPS office is subpar, apparently)... as a result, I haven't received a shipping notice, but my order says "processing," on the site. From further perusal of the boards, "processing" could mean anything from "it's shipped but the local USPS didn't scan it/update anything" to "sorry, we're buried in orders and working as fast as we can." I'm cool with either, but the ambiguity of the situation is making me nervous considering it wasn't a small/cheap order on my part.

Mostly, I just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

Mike.S

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2013
Michigan
In regards to the missing tracking number, have you checked your junk mail folder? These emails are automatically generated when your shipping label is printed.
I just checked my server logs - nothing received from halo between the order confirmation email received shortly after placing an order on the web, and an email sent when I posted the support web form.

So, no, I never received an "it's shipped" email with tracking number, even though the order is shown as status "Complete" on your web site (the tracking number is not shown there, either).

Cinder Ella

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
www.halocigs.com
Hmmm....very strange. What is your order number? Ill see if i can find anything out. Also, does your order include a G6 kit?

I just checked my server logs - nothing received from halo between the order confirmation email received shortly after placing an order on the web, and an email sent when I posted the support web form.

So, no, I never received an "it's shipped" email with tracking number, even though the order is shown as status "Complete" on your web site (the tracking number is not shown there, either).

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
keep in mind USPS is the one that may have your package...and they're tracking updates are terribad. i'd get a notice that something shipped the day I receive it. or a delivery confirmation a week after I get it.

that, and I don't know how the USPS is supposed to operate with the whole government shutdown thing going on.

Seanchai

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Georgia, USA
keep in mind USPS is the one that may have your package...and they're tracking updates are terribad. i'd get a notice that something shipped the day I receive it. or a delivery confirmation a week after I get it.

that, and I don't know how the USPS is supposed to operate with the whole government shutdown thing going on.

USPS won't be affected by the shutdown because it's considered an "essential" government agency, and they're funded by postage, not taxes/federal budget issues.

Source here, if you'd like: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-about-how-the-government-shutdown-will-work/

.... that doesn't mean their tracking doesn't suck, cause it certainly does. :)

Cinder Ella

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
www.halocigs.com
Hi Mike,

Looks like your order (along with quite a few other orders) is being held because we are out of the black boxes for the G6 kits. It was posted on the website until yesterday that this was the situation, we got a small shipment of the boxes in yesterday so we have started shipping orders that include G6 kits out and more boxes are due in today so we will continue shipping them out ASAP. Our apologies for the delay.

Mike.S

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2013
Michigan

Looks like your order (along with quite a few other orders) is being held
Your processes are BORKEN. The order status clearly says "Complete," and was shown that way the day after I ordered. I had a perfectly reasonable expectation that the order had already shipped. I didn't receive any indication that there would be any sort of delay whatsoever.

Cinder Ella

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
www.halocigs.com
Hi Mike,

I believe the website will show it first as "processing" and then as "complete" once the order is accepted, and then as "shipped" when it has shipped. You will also receive a shipping confirmation email when it ships. As I mentioned it was posted on the website that the kits were back ordered and there would be a bit of a delay getting them out. Again, our apologies for the delay and frustration as this was an unforeseen circumstance and the back ordered kits are getting top priority as the boxes come in.

Your processes are BORKEN. The order status clearly says "Complete,"[/B] and was shown that way the day after I ordered. I had a perfectly reasonable expectation that the order had already shipped. I didn't receive any indication that there would be any sort of delay whatsoever.

Cinder Ella

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
www.halocigs.com
What is your order number?

I know they were working on this area of the website so there may still be a few glitches. For a while it just showed everything as processing and never got the the complete or shipped stage. Working on it! :) You can also always email or call CS to check on the status of your order.

no, i ordered juices and a battery for the triton.
looking at my previous orders, my first order, which I received last week is marked as complete, not shipped.

Mike.S

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2013
Michigan
Uh, "complete" is "complete," as in "having all the necessary or appropriate parts," "to the greatest extent or degree; total."

Accepting an order doesn't make it "complete." And if you wish to misuse the term, then it behooves you to clearly say so - there's nothing on your website which defines the terms you use to describe order status. From your own shipping policy, I think people have every right to expect that every order will ship the same or next day, unless they're specifically told otherwise:

We do our very best to ship orders as quickly as possible. Orders received before 3:00PM EST on Monday - Friday are normally shipped the same day. Orders received before 11:30AM EST on Saturday are also typically shipped the same day. Any orders received after 11:30AM EST on Saturday are shipped first thing Monday morning. This schedule may vary slightly during extremely busy times such as sales events and holidays.

And, no, there was no notice about G6 kits being delayed when I ordered, and there's not one now. As I recall, there was something about batteries being back-ordered, but that they'd be back in stock on some date which was earlier than the date I ordered, so I didn't pay it any mind.

Cinder Ella

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
www.halocigs.com
Hi Mike,

I'm sorry this is turning into such a frustrating experience for you. Unfortunately this was not a planned shortage and we are doing everything in our power to get things taken care of as quickly as possible. I can assure you that there was a notice posted on the website as I just spoke with the owner and he posted it himself. As I mentioned it has been since removed because we had a few smaller orders of boxes overnighted to try and resolve this issue as quickly as possible (as opposed to just waiting for the large order that is in transit) and we have started receiving those so we are getting kits out now as the boxes come in.

As for the terminology on the site, I apologize if you find it misused. Ownership decided to include a step between processing and shipped to give our customers the most up to date information and they have chosen the word "complete". You can email or call customer service at any time to inquire about the status of your order if you need further information.

I wish there was more help I could be for you but unfortunately this shortage has held up your order and it will go out as soon as possible and you will get a shipping notification with your tracking number so you can further track your package. As I am typing this I just received an email from our warehouse manager that the cases are on site so I believe the shipping department will be working overtime today to get all the back ordered items out as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread