Lights on, nobody's home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichBrew

May 21, 2013
GA
My last order shipped just fine, but it seems that the USPS has screwed up the shipping big time. Never before have I seen my order going to GA go through Iowa! USPS tracking says that the scheduled delivery is yesterday, but my package left Iowa yesterday at 12:09am, and hasnt re-appeared anywhere since. (including my mailbox). If you're curious, look at tracking number 9405511699000875784138 . I am in a bit of a hurry for most of this order. At what timeframe does Halo consider a shipment to be sufficiently lost to make arrangements for replacement?

Mike.S

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2013
Michigan
It's all about communications.

If you have 3 different status conditions, maybe they should be accepted/processing/complete or accepted/processing/shipped. Perhaps another status should be added, so an "exception" condition might be indicated when there's a back order (or declined credit card, or bad weather, or the dog died) or any such which delays the normal process.

I did get finally a shipping email. Over 4 hours later, the web status is still "Complete," so maybe "Complete" is supposed to mean "Complete." The only change I see on the web site is that when going to the order page, in addition to the "Order Information" and "Invoices" links, there's now a "Shipments" link. So, if one didn't know what to watch for, they'd have no way of knowing an order didn't ship.

(oh, that "<24 hour" response, wasn't. More like 30 hours before I got a reply)

RichBrew

May 21, 2013
GA
It's all about communications.

If you have 3 different status conditions, maybe they should be accepted/processing/complete or accepted/processing/shipped. Perhaps another status should be added, so an "exception" condition might be indicated when there's a back order (or declined credit card, or bad weather, or the dog died) or any such which delays the normal process.

I did get finally a shipping email. Over 4 hours later, the web status is still "Complete," so maybe "Complete" is supposed to mean "Complete." The only change I see on the web site is that when going to the order page, in addition to the "Order Information" and "Invoices" links, there's now a "Shipments" link. So, if one didn't know what to watch for, they'd have no way of knowing an order didn't ship.

(oh, that "<24 hour" response, wasn't. More like 30 hours before I got a reply)

I don’t have any problem with the current wording, but for arguments sake, my interpretation of 'complete' would be 'all requested items are in the box, and its ready to be shipped'. I think 'accepted' acknowledged' 'received' 'paid' 'packaging', etc. would be a better choice. 'Complete' is a bit vague and doesn't suggest _what_ has been completed. I think an 'exception' condition would be nice also.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
I'm waiting for a Halo G6, and some of their fluids.

Ordered last Wednesday, should have been here Saturday (priority mail). Nope. Not yesterday, either. Their shipping policy promises that a tracking number is sent when an order is shipped. Nope. Halo has no phone number to call, has no email address on their web site, their "Chat Online" button always says "Currently Offline." So, I filled out a web form, no response.

I'm not impressed by Halo so far.

hey mike.s i just wanted to say that i believe you will be impressed with the quality of your G6. I know that doesn't get your kit to you any faster. i'm just saying as a new halo customer myself (first purchase sept 9th) i have ordered from them mulitple times and usually get my package on the 3rd day. Like you i have been frustrated with halo before, lack of customer service is how i put it. no online chat, no one answered the phone, didn't get a response back in a timely matter in my opinion as far as those tickets go. last week their website was down for 3 days and i ran out of juice. But i do know, customer service when you get them are excellent, the product itself is supurb and i've yet to find as good of an ejuice as halos! hope you get your stuff soon!

what juices did you order? just curious. i have malibu on the way and my ever so favorite mystic! due in today!

chesty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Sydney, Australia
great product, poor customer service.

I ordered something over a week ago, and something a few days ago. paid $15 each for the postage and they were both shipped out separately on the same day within an hour of each other.
I submitted a ticket a few days ago, asking if my week old order had been shipped yet, there was no response until it was shipped and all they did was cut and paste the shipping confirmation they auto email you with when they ship an item.

I had a sample of malibu, i tried it a few days ago and it blew my head off and ordered 60ml of it and subzero straight away.

Cinder Ella

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
www.halocigs.com
Hi All,

I just want to clarify....a week shipping time and delayed CS response is not a standard practice. This was an unforeseen circumstance with the shortage of boxes, and because of the back orders our CS department was flooded with emails about the delay in shipping. We thank everyone for their patience and hopefully we will not run into this issue again!

Mike.S

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2013
Michigan
Next up - although they said they shipped it on Tuesday, they didn't. It was actually shipped on Wednesday. Looks like they only packed/printed the label on Tuesday, but didn't get it to the post office until Wednesday:
October 2, 2013 , 7:03 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility
POMPTON PLAINS, NJ 07444

wheezal

Insane Halon
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Austin, Tx
actually, it could have been picked up on Tuesday, but USPS didn't enter it into their system until that time on Wednesday when the carrier actually sent his packages into the sorting facility. so Halo did ship it Tuesday, but you cant seriously blame them if the USPS is slow.

I know your upset at seemingly everything Mike, but at some point you gotta bring it down a level. we've all conceded that Halo customer service is very poor, we have patience with them because they are good people doing their best in a tough situation and offer a stellar product.

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Next up - although they said they shipped it on Tuesday, they didn't. It was actually shipped on Wednesday. Looks like they only packed/printed the label on Tuesday, but didn't get it to the post office until Wednesday:

October 2, 2013 , 7:03 pm
Accepted at USPS Origin Sort Facility
POMPTON PLAINS, NJ 07444

A sort facility isn't the post office. That log entry doesn't prove what you apparently think it does.

Mike.S

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2013
Michigan
I'm just posting facts. Blame falls where it will.

If it actually went into the USPS system on Tuesday, it should have gotten here today - I'm in the 2 day Priority Mail delivery area from Halo. It didn't. I have a lot of experience with Priority Mail, both sending and receiving. It's quite rare for them to miss. Only yesterday, I received a different package which was shipped from FL on Monday - the expected 2 day delivery.

You seem to be claiming that postal carriers are allowed to let mail sit in their vehicles overnight. That's definitely not the case. That's very much against the rules.

Finally, wheezal, get off your horse and don't try to tell me what I should/must do.

Fulgurant

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Philadelphia, PA, USA
I'm just posting facts. Blame falls where it will.

If it actually went into the USPS system on Tuesday, it should have gotten here today - I'm in the 2 day Priority Mail delivery area from Halo. It didn't. I have a lot of experience with Priority Mail, both sending and receiving. It's quite rare for them to miss. Only yesterday, I received a different package which was shipped from FL on Monday - the expected 2 day delivery.

You seem to be claiming that postal carriers are allowed to let mail sit in their vehicles overnight. That's definitely not the case. That's very much against the rules.

No, I'm claiming that a sort facility is generally a hub somewhere that isn't necessarily attached to the closest post office or package drop off. Even if the sort facility is in the same building/complex, it's not a given that your package will proceed directly to sort. Many moons ago, I worked at UPS. I may not be the world's foremost expert on the postal service, but I know the general path that packages take through a given carrier's network. And yes, sometimes that path seems counter-intuitive or even needlessly convoluted. Sometimes, believe it or not, carriers make mistakes too.

And no, you're not just "posting facts" without any accompanying judgments. You flat-out accused Halo of lying about the date on which they gave your package to the postal service, on the questionable basis of the aforementioned log entry. Need I requote you?

I'm sorry you're unsatisfied with your order, but now it seems like you're just latching onto any excuse to draw the worst possible conclusion about Halo.

Last edited:

Cinder Ella

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
www.halocigs.com
Hi All,

I'm going to close this thread as it seems to have taken a bit of an angry turn. Thanks to everyone for their patience with our delay, unexpected things happen and we do the best we can to get them taken care of as quickly as possible. If anyone has any further questions about their order please feel free to PM me or email CS at support@halocigs.com.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread