Like so many others... I took the dive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjrhartley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2013
Sierra Madre, CA, USA
I feel slightly bad for inundating the Provari section with yet another "I-am-excited-because-I-just-bought-a-ProVari" thread. But I'm excited so I'm not going to let that stop me. I've been stalking ProVape for a while now, and just decided to do it. Ordered yesterday in the am, shipped yesterday afternoon, should be in my hand Friday, according to tracking. I am curious to know whether that takes the 4th of July holiday into account. If it gets to me on Saturday, then ok... if I have to wait through the weekend I might just explode.
Can someone give me some idea of what to expect, specifically going from a Vamo to the ProVari. I understand the build quality to be much better, but what I want to know about is difference in vape quality (flavor, vape production, etc...). I know, I know... the easy answer is: Wait and see. Any insight would be appreciated.

Ordered Satin black, standard size, ext cap, 2x 18650 AW IMR.

Thanks in advance. Cheers!

mjrhartley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2013
Sierra Madre, CA, USA
I've never used a Vamo so I cannot offer you a comparison, but I'm happy for you.

Thanks Firestorm! My biggest issues with my Vamo, and I have two... are that it constantly seems to be "popping" my protank heads, for lack of a better term. What I mean is that there is a pop sound, quickly followed by juice being spit into my mouth. I don't enjoy this, not at all... Also, the center pin on both of my Vamo's just seems weak, tanks wobble, draw is incredibly inconsistent, etc...

I'm hoping the ProV will fix these issues for me.

Raynman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Marion In USA
I have a Vamo v3 and I don't much care for it. The worst part is it changes voltage or wattage on it's own. I carry it in my coverall top pocket and any little bump changes my settings. I hate that but it does give a descent vape when just sitting on the table and not being moved or touched. The ProVari gives me a reason to go home. There are too many very bad things that can happen to a APV where I work so the ProVari is for non work times. You can expect to have your voltage the same once you set it and always have the same hit every time from fresh battery till dead battery. The quality will be better than you expect and you'll kick your self for not getting it sooner. You're gonna love your new ProVari. And the above issues will be gone (at least I've never had those).

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
Thanks Firestorm! My biggest issues with my Vamo, and I have two... are that it constantly seems to be "popping" my protank heads, for lack of a better term. What I mean is that there is a pop sound, quickly followed by juice being spit into my mouth. I don't enjoy this, not at all... Also, the center pin on both of my Vamo's just seems weak, tanks wobble, draw is incredibly inconsistent, etc...

I'm hoping the ProV will fix these issues for me.

I graduated from a Vamo to a ProVari. Actually I graduated from a Vamo, to an eVic, to a ProVari. The popping noise may be related to the Protank as much as the Vamo. I never paired them together, and no longer have my Vamo, so I cannot say much more about that. I will say this much, the 510 connection of my ProVari is much, much better made than either the Vamo or eVic. The threading was not particularly strong on either. I had wobbly tanks, threading seemed to "wear" on both.

I notice the vapor is much more consistent on the ProVari, and I can get higher vapor production at lower voltages than either the eVic or Vamo. This is especially true at the end of the battery life. Let us know what you think when you get it!

mjrhartley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2013
Sierra Madre, CA, USA
I have a Vamo v3 and I don't much care for it. The worst part is it changes voltage or wattage on it's own. I carry it in my coverall top pocket and any little bump changes my settings. I hate that but it does give a descent vape when just sitting on the table and not being moved or touched. The ProVari gives me a reason to go home. There are too many very bad things that can happen to a APV where I work so the ProVari is for non work times. You can expect to have your voltage the same once you set it and always have the same hit every time from fresh battery till dead battery. The quality will be better than you expect and you'll kick your self for not getting it sooner. You're gonna love your new ProVari. And the above issues will be gone (at least I've never had those).

Well, I certainly hope those issues are gone with my shiny new ProVari. The consistency of draw that everyone describes was certainly an appealing factor. I'll let you know after Friday!

mjrhartley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2013
Sierra Madre, CA, USA
I graduated from a Vamo to a ProVari. Actually I graduated from a Vamo, to an eVic, to a ProVari. The popping noise may be related to the Protank as much as the Vamo. I never paired them together, and no longer have my Vamo, so I cannot say much more about that. I will say this much, the 510 connection of my ProVari is much, much better made than either the Vamo or eVic. The threading was not particularly strong on either. I had wobbly tanks, threading seemed to "wear" on both.

I notice the vapor is much more consistent on the ProVari, and I can get higher vapor production at lower voltages than either the eVic or Vamo. This is especially true at the end of the battery life. Let us know what you think when you get it!

Thanks for your reply Edd... The "wobble" issue is one of the more annoying features of my Vamo. I replaced the rubber washer under the center pin, and it didn't fix the problem. While I was painstakingly fixing that I was thinking to myself, "I should NOT be having to do this". It bothered me that I had to repair my own device, just to get it to work the way it should have been working all along! I trust that I will not have this issue with my American-made ProVari!

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I use to own 2 vamo's. Both gone to the trash now. Not to brag but this is what I think of the Provari.:facepalm: I'm so not ashamed.

Attachments

• Provair's.jpg
    Provair's.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 126

Luther

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Winston-Salem, N.C.
The first thing you will notice will be the solid weight of it, the quality of build and then shortly thereafter, the regret of not doing this sooner. If I added up the cost of all the cheaper mods I bought before taking the plunge, I could have already had a few before I pulled the trigger on my Provari. I've had mine for a few months and since getting it...everything has taken a far backseat. I have too many mods to list quickly but there's quite a few. I'm close to getting another. I have a mini and think a full size might not be a bad idea. I love the mini and may just get another mini. That is my only decision to make but it will happen soon. You will be very happy and the quality of it will be obvious.

TekSone

Feb 17, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
My $0.02...In January 2013 I started with an Ego c-twist double battery starter kit. 3 weeks later I bought a ProVari full size but didn't care for the size too much. It was the Black Satin and the color started to fade after 2 weeks. I did get ejuice on the tube a few times, but not sure if that did it. I sent it back to ProVape and they put a new tube on it. I had already sold it before I got it back. I took that money and bought a Satin Silver Mini. Then I ended up buying 2 more ProVari Minis [Cherry Red/Red and Titanium White/Blue (color/LED)], I couldn't help myself. I love the size of the minis. So all together I have 3 mini ProVaris, all with standard and extension caps. I also have 2 Cirrus tanks, 2 full and 3 mini Vivi Novas, 1 IGO-L RBA, 1 OCTOPUS RBA, and a mini Artemus tank. I seem to be doing good with this setup. Hope you find the ultimate setup that works for you too.

Expect a great vape and when you get it you can make your own decision.

Frantic9k

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2013
Cary, North Carolina, USA
I use a protank on my Provari and I have not had any "popping" sounds at all with it. I did have some of those issues with my Lava V2 and my protank, but those problems went away once I bought a really nice battery for my lava tube which fixed all my lavatube issues that I had.

If your protank still pops on your provari then I suggest taking it part and clean it really good, make sure all the threads are nice and clean. You may want to replace or rebuild your coil as well because if it is still happening then it is most likely your coil. I can assure you that you should not have any issues at all with your protank and provari together.

I haven't used a Vamo but the difference between my provari and Lavatube were night and day...to the point that my Lavatube got sold on the same day I received my Provari, hadn't even been using it for 3 hours and a buddy of mine wanted to buy my lavatube...SOLD.

It will only be a matter of time before I get another one I am sure... :evil:

Enjoy your new Provari

mjrhartley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2013
Sierra Madre, CA, USA
*Update*

I received my shiny new ProV, as promised, last Friday. I have taken the weekend with it, as to give it time to give me a proper impression.

I think it's a darn fine device. That's pretty much the long and the short of it. I am particularly impressed with the craftsmanship and build quality. The vape is great... not mind-blowing, amazingly different than any other device, but it's great. The ProTank doesn't make weird noises at me. There's no spitting or gurgling, or anything odd going on there. I'm a happy camper.

Do I think the price tag is justified? I'm not prepared to answer that yet. After a few months, a couple drops, etc... I feel I will be able to answer that. I will say this: If this device works, as it does now, in 6 months time... it will justify the price tag.

I'm happy. It's a darn fine device.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
*Update*

I received my shiny new ProV, as promised, last Friday. I have taken the weekend with it, as to give it time to give me a proper impression.

I think it's a darn fine device. That's pretty much the long and the short of it. I am particularly impressed with the craftsmanship and build quality. The vape is great... not mind-blowing, amazingly different than any other device, but it's great. The ProTank doesn't make weird noises at me. There's no spitting or gurgling, or anything odd going on there. I'm a happy camper.

Do I think the price tag is justified? I'm not prepared to answer that yet. After a few months, a couple drops, etc... I feel I will be able to answer that. I will say this: If this device works, as it does now, in 6 months time... it will justify the price tag.

I'm happy. It's a darn fine device.

Most people that enjoy quality over money will agree with you. I like my first one so much I bought 5 more. Fantastic quality. And made here at home. In the USA. Vape long and enjoy your new Provari I know I will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread