Links to e-cig related legal/medical information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuBuSPidecky

Feb 25, 2010
Hudson, USA
Is PG this: Propylene Glycol

A cosmetic form of mineral oil found in automatic brake and hydraulic fluid and industrial antifreeze. In the skin and hair, propylene glycol works as a humescent, which causes retention of moisture content of skin or cosmetic products by preventing the escape of moisture or water. The Material Safety Data Sheet warns users to avoid skin contact with propylene glycol as this strong skin irritant can cause liver abnormalities and kidney damage.

Oy, I don't want to be inhaling that crap!

Cheers,
BuBu

Yes PG is now being used as an automotive coolant, advertised as a safe, non-toxic alternative to the toxic cousin ethylene glycol. Apparently PG is a by-product of bio-diesel manufacturing and it's price has dropped low enough to now be competitive in the cooling market. (Ref Biodiesel Magazine)

Although I want studies to determine any and all effects of the inhalation of PG, I know it is better for me than cigarettes based on my continuing lung recovery. Here's a link to the FDA discussing PG and safety.

FDA Discussion on PG
Database of Select Committee on GRAS Substances (SCOGS) Reviews
Database of Select Committee on GRAS Substances (SCOGS) reviews
Propylene Glycol
Report No.: 27
Type of Conclusion: 1
ID Code: 57-55-6
Year: 1973
CFR Section: 184.1666

SCOGS Opinion: Propylene glycol is metabolized by animals and can be used as a carbohydrate source. Propylene glycol can be ingested over long periods of time and in substantial quantities (up to 5 percent of the total food intake) without causing frank toxic effects. Propylene glycol monostearate is readily hydrolysed in vivo and the propylene glycol and fatty acid moieties enter their respective metabolic pathways. At lethal or near lethal doses (6 g per kg or more), however, it has been reported to cause kidney damage in several species and toe deformities in chicks. These doses contrast with the few mg per kg per day estimated in Section III of this report to be the human daily dietary intake of propylene glycol. The Select Committee has weighed the available information and concludes that: There is no evidence in the available information on propylene glycol and propylene glycol monostearate that demonstrates, or suggests reason to suspect, a hazard to the public when they are used at levels that are now current or that might reasonably be expected in future.
GRAS = Generally Recognized As Safe
SCOGS = Select Commitee on GRAS Substances

Boring reading, but I thing we will need to become experts to defend our position.

James Wall

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2010
DFW
Hello Wall2005, any relation?

Hey I just mentioned this on another thread and I figured some folks would like to know this; PG is used in common air fresheners like OUST and Airwick. Amusingly enough, these people who have suddenly have become so worried about what they're breathing in from the vapor we're breathing out have been "vaping" longer than the e-cig has even existed!

Here is a listing of other consumer products commonly containing Propylene Glycol.

PROPYLENE GLYCOL -- Consumer Products

I'm looking for republishable (that's not a word, but go with it) reports of the safety of e-cigs... at least the ones sold in the U.S.

I have looked at the reports at the above links; most of them do not allow you to use excerpts, but only to re-publish them whole. Since I am trying to make an informational pamphlet for people new to electronic cigarettes, I need info I can print that is concise and easy to understand.

Even testimonials would help, but official reports would be preferable.

Thanks for your help!

100%VG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
Starbase 12 near Risa
I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing you want on this thread SmokeyJoe but I'll post it anyway.

This is the toxicology/lab report for Supersmoker products - [removed]

Smoky,

I got a Virus Found from visiting this web page.

Edit: Added Virus Info

Trojan.HTML.Framer.do (v)
toxicologylabratorytestresultsenglishtranslation[1].htm​

Last edited by a moderator:

jessica nathan

Moved On
Nov 25, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1

paulMoeller

Jun 28, 2016
Berlin, Germany
  • Deleted by retired1

healthwellness

Nov 16, 2016
Phytoscience Double stemcell 100% orginal product works incurable disease and organ.
Double Stem cell treatment is by far the biggest of the medical world and the most important discovery techniques by which to treat incurable diseases and organ. Phytoscience Double stemcell is one of the most effective medicine to treat fatal diseases and deadly organs.
For more visit
Phytoscienceteamasia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread