Liquid Improvements: Solving The Carto Killer problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
As a great deal of you were aware, we have a few liquids out there, Geoff's Blend in particular, which are undoubtedly awesome flavors, but to date, have NOT been so kind on equipment. We've been doing a bit of researching, mixing, testing and have what we believe to be a solution to the problems.

In addition, we were looking for ways to make the flavors of our liquids "POP" a good deal more. We have a solution for this as well.

As for Geoff's Blend. I mixed an R&D bottle for the improved formula for Geoff's Blend on Friday. As posted on our Facebook, these have been my results:

[h=6]Regarding the improved Geoff's Blend R&D bottle. I began this bottle of the improved formula for the "Carto Friendly" version of Geoff's Blend. While it was noticeably different in flavor RIGHT when I made the liquid, it mellowed nicely.

It's still different, but it's still Geoff's Blend, just slighter on the richness and a little more throat hit.

As for how this is working with the cartomizers. I started this bottle and carto on Friday. The regular "Geoff's Blend" would have been leaving a noticeable residue in the carto material by Saturday, would probably have started getting that burn in the center by Sunday.

It's Monday, the carto is still performing like a champ, no "center burn" (I say center burn as we use/sell dual coil cartos here, which vaporize from the center -> out). The material only has a very slight yellowish hue, which means the liquid is vaporizing VERY nicely without much buildup in the material.

My friends, I have just solved the carto-killer problem with Geoff's Blend.
[/h]And there you go. I'll keep you posted as things happen.

proggieus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
minneapolis
well i offer my services as a beta tester for the new blend. GB is my everyday all day juice, I can provide my order history if needed but after vaping what must be about a gallon of the stuff in the last year(and going through about 200 cartos) I will have a pretty good idea of the differences.

Otherwise i will just wait until i can buy it, Hopefully soon

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
well i offer my services as a beta tester for the new blend. GB is my everyday all day juice, I can provide my order history if needed but after vaping what must be about a gallon of the stuff in the last year(and going through about 200 cartos) I will have a pretty good idea of the differences.

Otherwise i will just wait until i can buy it, Hopefully soon

Is tomorrow soon enough?! He's going live with it tomorrow although I would recommend waiting until Friday, which is when it will be listed as a weekly "special" sale along with the other new flavours that they are introducing. Here's my review of the flavours to help you make up your mind:

Hardware:
Provari set at 4.9 with a Smoktech single coil carto at 3.0ohms. Total output 8 watts.

"New" Geoffs Blend:
Colour - Tan
Smell - No mistaking the cinnamon in this one. The sweeter back notes of Geoffs Blend are also there, although slightly masked by the cinnamon.
Vape - Clean, flavourful with massive throat hit (had to re-confirm my settings). Cinnamon is unmistakable, with all the other goody bits following the first high note. This juice will mellow out nicely with steeping and will definitely continue to be my ADV. Two thumbs up!!

Quince:
Colour - Clear
Smell - Fruity sweet with floral notes.
Vape - This one is interesting. A very full flavour that hits all parts of your mouth on the inhale. Rich, sweet and yet there is a slightly tangy tone to it. It's very hard to place it just right. If I had to nail it down, I'd say it was like the illegitimate child of a sweet apple and a ripe tart pear. I've never had the fruit itself, so not sure if that's what it's supposed to be like. Could see this being a Patio style vape with a nice Tropical Rum Punch.

Peanut Butter Cookie:
Colour - Honey Brown
Smell - Peanut Butter Cookie
Vape - Clean, smooth flavour on the inhale. No mistaking the peanut butter in this one but you also get the dry mouth flavour of a cookie that just stole all your saliva. I'm going to let this one sit and try it again in a couple weeks. See if the steep time makes it shine.

Coconut Pudding:
Colour - Orange
Smell - Roasted coconut with mild hints of caramel and vanilla.
Vape - There's an aftertaste to the vape that I am not a fan of. It's a slightly soapy taste that is not evident in the smell. Not sure what it is but it spoils the quality of the vape for me. While the coconut does come through, it's being overpowered by the aftertaste

Last edited:

TVChris

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Oakland, CA
yeah, The deal was that several of the flavorings contain a thickening agent. It made the liquid flavorings easier to handle and dispense. But it also built up in catos, and sometimes reacted with other flavorings to further thicken. Well, Geoff has enough pull with the manufacturer for them to make it special for us without the thickening agent. ALL flavors that contained any of the flavorings in question are now free of the thickening agent.
TVChris

Geoscouter

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2010
Missouri
yeah, The deal was that several of the flavorings contain a thickening agent. It made the liquid flavorings easier to handle and dispense. But it also built up in catos, and sometimes reacted with other flavorings to further thicken. Well, Geoff has enough pull with the manufacturer for them to make it special for us without the thickening agent. ALL flavors that contained any of the flavorings in question are now free of the thickening agent.
TVChris

Any chance of getting a list of premium flavors affected by this change? This might incentivize some of us to try them again.

TVChris

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Oakland, CA
All flavors that had the flavorings with the thickening agent are now free of that thickening agent. We will not be publishing a list of which flavors, because if somebody was good at puzzles, they would then be able to identify some of the closely guarded secret ingredients in some of our recipes. We ask you to please respect this, to us its kinda like guarding the formula for coca-cola, or KFC.
Thanks, TVChris

Geoscouter

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2010
Missouri
Well I certainly understand wanting to keep your recipes secret. Don't want to jeopardize that. Might have to try a couple of flavors that I quit using due to their carto clogging qualities. Can you give any indication what percentage of premium flavors are affected by this change? 50%? Last question on this topic from me. Promise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turnforward

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
San Diego
I have my favorites that I always buy from you, in fact I now exclusively vape TastyVapor juice, and I have been using ST Dual Coil for over a year now, I especially like the XXL's.

My favorites that work perfectly in the Dual Coil are:
Carmel Popcorn, Plain Waffles, F Vanilla Butter-cream Cupcake, Tasty Finger, Banana Nut Bread, Atomic Cinicide.

I Like:
Cafe Macchiato ---But it makes the carto do that after-burn sizzle (you know, when you let go of the button after the draw, and it makes that SSSSHHhheeewww sound.) I am going to try the Cafe Mocha, and see if it works better.

Raspberry Cheesecake ---But after two days, the Raspberry starts tasting sour.

I love using the Doublers. I now mix the 48mg with the full 4 ounces for 9mg, and it works great. Please never get rid of the Doublers------PLEASE!

Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread