Liquids

Status
Not open for further replies.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
How much is safe to vape a day I quit smoking just over 8 months ago I use 1.2 mg puff vape in and off all day sometimes mix 1.2 and 0.6 mg I use 50/50 sometimes 70/30 thanks in advance
Vape as much as you feel comfortable vaping. You can over do it with nicotine buzz, get a little queezy or headachey. If that happens just stop vaping and relax, maybe get some water, and it will pass in 20 minutes or less. Be a little more careful in the mornings before you eat. You'll get a feel for what makes you happy soon enough. Remember too " Too Much" depends on your epuipment and the nic strength you use. I use 3mg juice and subohm gear with big clouds, i go through 15 to 20 ml of juice a day. Love it :vapor:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I smoke between 2 n 4 ml liquid a day is that classed as to much a day
That is very normal. I used to vape around that much before I started to sub-ohm and cut my nic strength down; now its more like 5 - 8 ml a day.

You'll know if you are vaping too much if you get headaches, lightheadedness, nausea, "jitters", etc. Same symptoms as too much caffeine.

Last edited:

Maria_dream_catcher68

Mar 12, 2018
Essex
How much is safe to vape a day I quit smoking just over 8 months ago I use 1.2 mg puff vape in and off all day sometimes mix 1.2 and 0.6 mg I use 50/50 sometimes 70/30 thanks in advance
Vape as much as you feel comfortable vaping. You can over do it with nicotine buzz, get a little queezy or headachey. If that happens just stop vaping and relax, maybe get some water, and it will pass in 20 minutes or less. Be a little more careful in the mornings before you eat. You'll get a feel for what makes you happy soon enough. Remember too " Too Much" depends on your epuipment and the nic strength you use. I use 3mg juice and subohm gear with big clouds, i go through 15 to 20 ml of juice a day. Love it :vapor:
I use a wiseman ravage230 mod with a aspire nautilus tank only smoke on a 9 or 10 that’s enough fir me but it’s a lot better than smoking between 30 n 40 fags a day

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, I would say that sort of amount/nicotine level wouldn't give me great pause, I think it is well within the realm of say, normal, but everyone's body, style of vaping and nic tolerance is different, so it's really up to you with what you feel comfortable with, so if you are feeling okay and not getting symptoms of nicotine overload, I'd guess you are just fine. I will say it's well within the realm of "normal" for an "ecig" and even probably much less than many folks go through in a day, especially during the quitting phase.

I most certainly did not worry too much about "nic overload" as I transitioned through detox, I was more worried about FINISHING it and never going through something like that again.

But, unless you have concerns.... That's pretty much on the low side of "normal" if you ask me.

Anna

Maria_dream_catcher68

Mar 12, 2018
Essex
I don’t vape sub makes me cough I got a big mod but only vape 9/10 Watts I use a aspire nail
That is very normal. I used to vape around that much before I started to sub-ohm and cut my nic strength down; now its more like 5 - 8 ml a day.

You'll know if you are vaping too much if you get headaches, lightheadedness, "jitters", etc. Same symptoms as too much caffeine.
ive never had a headache through gaping
1.2 mg or 1.2 %? There is a lot of difference. 1.2 mg is very low amount of nicotine. 1.2 % would be 12 mg and considerably more but still not a problem at the low amount of liquid you are using.
12mg sometimes mixed with 6mg

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
I don’t vape sub makes me cough I got a big mod but only vape 9/10 Watts I use a aspire nai
My wife uses Nautilus tanks at around 10 to 15 watts and goes through 2 to 4 tanks a day. Just asked her.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Well I do around 15 ml per day of 4 mg nic juice. That is a total of 60 mg nic. Of course nowhere all of that is actually absorbed. If you are doing 2 ml of 12 mg, that is 24 mg total nic. That is pretty light weight.

I used to smoke 1 1/2 pack a day of cigs. Each cig had somewhere between 8 to 20 mg of nic plus lots of nasty chemicals. That would be more total nic but of course again nowhere near all of it absorbed.

I would rate you at a safe level....but of course nothing is ever 100% safe

Maria_dream_catcher68

Mar 12, 2018
Essex
Well I do around 15 ml per day of 4 mg nic juice. That is a total of 60 mg nic. Of course nowhere all of that is actually absorbed. If you are doing 2 ml of 12 mg, that is 24 mg total nic. That is pretty light weight.

I used to smoke 1 1/2 pack a day of cigs. Each cig had somewhere between 8 to 20 mg of nic plus lots of nasty chemicals. That would be more total nic but of course again nowhere near all of it absorbed.

I would rate you at a safe level....but of course nothing is ever 100% safe
Thanks only dr happy I stopped smoking so if one day I went to 3 fill ups shouldn’t hurt me x

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
My doctor was also happy with the switch to vaping. My health improved a lot within 6 months of switching to vaping. He did ask how much and I told him around 15 ml a day of 4 mg/ml nicotine. He didn't have an issue with that.

He did say better to not do either but vape don't smoke if you must do one or the other. He also stated that there was no link to cancer and nicotine and no real solid evidence of nicotine causing heart issues.

Maria_dream_catcher68

Mar 12, 2018
Essex
My doctor was also happy with the switch to vaping. My health improved a lot within 6 months of switching to vaping. He did ask how much and I told him around 15 ml a day of 4 mg/ml nicotine. He didn't have an issue with that.

He did say better to not do either but vape don't smoke if you must do one or the other. He also stated that there was no link to cancer and nicotine and no real solid evidence of nicotine causing heart issues.
I no mine said the same only thing is now with this new mod it counts puffs makes me paranoid I’m puffing to much it can’t be re set since last night I’ve done 660 already it’s nice to talk to ppl about this subject as I’m quite clueless about it but I do mix my own flavours my hubby smokes tobacco flavour which makes me feel sick ha ha

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
All my doctors but one endorsed vaping. The other one just said the "jury is still out on vaping" (in a fair way) and just told me to "vastly reduce my smoking." He was checking me out for laryngeal cancer at the time, so I just took him at his word and switched to vaping. He did say that I was vastly improved (I could talk, inflammation was reduced) when I went back.

All my other docs were pro vaping and one of them actually vapes. He was really helpful during the transition. I do think that more and more positive studies are coming out about vaping, allowing doctors to "feel" more pro vaping, at least if they are up to date on their journals and intelligent enough to know how the "anti- anything" crowd works.

I continue to feel that your nicotine ingestion is on the low side of normal, and that you are fine.

Anna

Maria_dream_catcher68

Mar 12, 2018
Essex
All my doctors but one endorsed vaping. The other one just said the "jury is still out on vaping" (in a fair way) and just told me to "vastly reduce my smoking." He was checking me out for laryngeal cancer at the time, so I just took him at his word and switched to vaping. He did say that I was vastly improved (I could talk, inflammation was reduced) when I went back.

All my other docs were pro vaping and one of them actually vapes. He was really helpful during the transition. I do think that more and more positive studies are coming out about vaping, allowing doctors to "feel" more pro vaping, at least if they are up to date on their journals and intelligent enough to know how the "anti- anything" crowd works.

I continue to feel that your nicotine ingestion is on the low side of normal, and that you are fine.

Anna
So u dont smoke at all either I would never increase the nicotine in the vape liquids I vape but maybe in time decrease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread