Liquids

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No I don't smoke at all. I may decrease my nicotine eventually but I'm not raring at the bit to do that right this second. My husband is in the throes of detoxing and transitioning to vaping, frankly I sometimes wonder if it was easier for me to vape when he was still smoking.

With that said, I'm not particularly afraid of nicotine and eliquids in general. I am noticing health gains, and I have Alzheimer's disease in my family (heart attacks too, but the way I see it, I'd rather potentially die of a heart attack (although by all known measures, including seeing a cardiologist) my heart is just fine at the moment. I'd rather drop dead from that, than COPD, which I was rapidly approaching. I have said, from the first moment I saw someone "out" with their oxygen tank that COPD would be the ONLY thing to get me to stop smoking.

I guess my Creator was paying attention, but the longer I vape, the more I don't really mind.

New technologies carry some risks, certainly, and I could also go "organic" and do other stuff potentially beneficial to my health, but one step at a time as far as I'm concerned. I don't worry about vaping too much, and my lung function has improved quite measurably.

I told myself that if I could get to "quitting only" that would be just fine with me, and that I would never pressure myself to "stop" vaping or even "reduce" nicotine (although I may try it) as I was one of those smokers who tried everything, and I tend to look at vaping as something of a miracle, not something where I would have to continually pressure myself to be "healthier."

I am "healthier" by every measure my doctors can come up with. I will reduce my nicotine some day... When and if I am ready. If I don't like it, I will go right back up again. Etc.

Anna

Maria_dream_catcher68

Mar 12, 2018
Essex
No I don't smoke at all. I may decrease my nicotine eventually but I'm not raring at the bit to do that right this second. My husband is in the throes of detoxing and transitioning to vaping, frankly I sometimes wonder if it was easier for me to vape when he was still smoking.

With that said, I'm not particularly afraid of nicotine and eliquids in general. I am noticing health gains, and I have Alzheimer's disease in my family (heart attacks too, but the way I see it, I'd rather potentially die of a heart attack (although by all known measures, including seeing a cardiologist) my heart is just fine at the moment. I'd rather drop dead from that, than COPD, which I was rapidly approaching. I have said, from the first moment I saw someone "out" with their oxygen tank that COPD would be the ONLY thing to get me to stop smoking.

I guess my Creator was paying attention, but the longer I vape, the more I don't really mind.

New technologies carry some risks, certainly, and I could also go "organic" and do other stuff potentially beneficial to my health, but one step at a time as far as I'm concerned. I don't worry about vaping too much, and my lung function has improved quite measurably.

I told myself that if I could get to "quitting only" that would be just fine with me, and that I would never pressure myself to "stop" vaping or even "reduce" nicotine (although I may try it) as I was one of those smokers who tried everything, and I tend to look at vaping as something of a miracle, not something where I would have to continually pressure myself to be "healthier."

I am "healthier" by every measure my doctors can come up with. I will reduce my nicotine some day... When and if I am ready. If I don't like it, I will go right back up again. Etc.

Anna
Me to I got asthma due to smoking was always out of breath now don’t need to use the pumps my breathing has got so much better my weight is my next goal but that’s not easy as metabolism reduces as you get older my hubby quit smoking 9 hours before me ha ha now the smell of cigarettes on ppl and my son make me feel physically sick now I no how non smokers felt around me and my home clothes and everything actually stay fresh smelling it’s nice to speak to ppl in similar situations x x
Maria

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
How much is safe to vape a day
Simple answer: only you know, vape as much as you feel you need to but be aware of nicotine overdose (unless you do low nic like me then the chances are kinda low imho).

There is no one size fits all solution in the vaping world be it setup wise or how much liquid we need to vape you're the only one who knows how much you need to stay off the stinkies.

Maria_dream_catcher68

Mar 12, 2018
Essex
Simple answer: only you know, vape as much as you feel you need to but be aware of nicotine overdose (unless you do low nic like me then the chances are kinda low imho).

There is no one size fits all solution in the vaping world be it setup wise or how much liquid we need to vape you're the only one who knows how much you need to stay off the stinkies.
Thanks x x

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I haven't smoked in 2 years. I started with low volume devices with 48 mg nic. Switched to higher volume devices and 12 mg about 2 months in. I later worked it down to 3 mg and stayed there for about a year. But eventually raised it to 4mg which is better for me.

Maria_dream_catcher68

Mar 12, 2018
Essex
I haven't smoked in 2 years. I started with low volume devices with 48 mg nic. Switched to higher volume devices and 12 mg about 2 months in. I later worked it down to 3 mg and stayed there for about a year. But eventually raised it to 4mg which is better for me.
We don’t have 4mg unless we have it made up

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Me to I got asthma due to smoking
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
Dr. Polosa, Italian vapor and tobacco expert, reviews e-cigs in BMC Medicine | American Council on Science and Health
http://www.vapewild.com/the-wild-blogger/vapewild-test-results/
now the smell of cigarettes on ppl and my son make me feel physically sick now I no how non smokers felt around me and my home clothes and everything actually stay fresh smelling it’s nice to speak to ppl in similar situations
I feel the same too.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Did yours go also mine is a lot better I went on holiday walked hills last year didn’t get out of breath like when I was smoking
I smoked a pack and a half a day for 17 years, sometimes more than two when drinking ;) , from the time I was 16-17 years old. By the time I was 30 I was getting tires of feeling congested and weezy or short of breath at the end of the night. That is one thing that for me is a subtle but strong improvement. I don't notice or think about just breathing more comfortably in general anymore but it is a great benefit all around to just feel more comfortable. Other things i like about vaping include but are not limited to: not getting smoke in my eye, not burning my carpet, not smashing the cherry on the headboard of my bed, not losing half of it to the wind when outside, not giving half of them away to the cigarette police ( you know the guys who come around and always ask you for your smokes lmao).

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I smoke between 2 n 4 ml liquid a day is that classed as to much a day

I don’t think so. Probably on the lower end of the scale but that’s just a guess. I vape about 20-25 3mg nic all day without any side effects. That I know of anyways. ;)

Maria_dream_catcher68

Mar 12, 2018
Essex
I smoked a pack and a half a day for 17 years, sometimes more than two when drinking ;) , from the time I was 16-17 years old. By the time I was 30 I was getting tires of feeling congested and weezy or short of breath at the end of the night. That is one thing that for me is a subtle but strong improvement. I don't notice or think about just breathing more comfortably in general anymore but it is a great benefit all around to just feel more comfortable. Other things i like about vaping include but are not limited to: not getting smoke in my eye, not burning my carpet, not smashing the cherry on the headboard of my bed, not losing half of it to the wind when outside, not giving half of them away to the cigarette police ( you know the guys who come around and always ask you for your smokes lmao).
I was smoking from the age if 12 as I got older I smoked between 1 to 2 packs a day u no what I don’t no why I smoked maybe boredom while kids n hubby worked I don’t miss it at all sometimes I feel I vape to much maybe 3 to 4 ml a day my tank is only 2ml so have to fill it a few times 12 mg nicotine sometime mixed with 6mg which I been told takes it down to about a 9mg but I’m new to this so unsure

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
I was smoking from the age if 12 as I got older I smoked between 1 to 2 packs a day u no what I don’t no why I smoked maybe boredom while kids n hubby worked I don’t miss it at all sometimes I feel I vape to much maybe 3 to 4 ml a day my tank is only 2ml so have to fill it a few times 12 mg nicotine sometime mixed with 6mg which I been told takes it down to about a 9mg but I’m new to this so unsure
Sounds about right. It's all up to how you feel. To some vaping is replacement therapy and their goal is to reduce over time to nothing, others just prefer to vape and enjoy it in different ways with no intention of stopping. And I think the consensus is if their is any harm with responsible vaping it is still worlds better than what you were doing.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
Does it matter how many puffs a day you do my mod makes me paranoid as other vapes never showed it and dint think it can be re set
I personally hate a puff counter, distracts me. If you are trying to reduce how much you vape over time, I guess I would use it for that. Otherwise, as you said just makes me paranoid.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I pay no heed to any puff counters I have, and even if I were trying to reduce my vaping, I don't think I would use that method. If I have to "count" anything, that heads me down the road to OCD, well, that's generally not a good thing for me. So, puff counters don't make me paranoid, but I pay them absolutely no attention. If you HAVE to focus on your puff counter, maybe you can pick "whatever number" of puffs to equal one cigarette, and then congratulate yourself on your harm reduction win, every time you HIT that number.

Or, you could cover it over somehow, if it can't be removed. A cute little sticker or something.

It's not even very accurate or indicative of ANYTHING since some people take longer puffs than others.

For a tool for the OCD? Okay, maybe, but there should be a way to turn it off... Just my opinion as always. LOL.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread