listing side by side mods

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
It all depends on the brand and model of the batteries @bombastinator2. You can buy 3000mAh 18650 and 26650 cells which has the same capacity. You can buy 3000mAh 21700 cells too, now that I think about it. And these 3 examples, they would last the same in a mod. The amp rating would probably be different though.

But what I am using are 2500mAh 18650, 4000mAh 26650 and 4000mAh 21700 cells. Probably typical of most vapers. And since my single 18650 cells are old and tired, they are exactly half of my 26650 and 21700 cells. So that is where my numbers come from.
The problem I have found, is that unless you are really really careful, the MHA capacity is a “claim” rather than a real number and is often grossly inflated to the point that it has lost any real meaning. The only number to pay attention to is the actual tested amount. Which of course is NOT printed. The result is that people tend to pay more attention to model than number, and as a result people will use older chemistries for a long time.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Ah... why it is true some manufactures stretch the truth. Most of them well known and used for vaping are quite accurate. We can see that with @Mooch recommendations. My RC chargers are also deadly accurate. And back in 2015, I purchased two XTAR VC4 and they are still are working beautiful 9 years later. And they are also accurate. Sadly I later purchased XTAR VC4S and VC4SL chargers. Fine chargers, but they only read half of the actual mAh. I speculate they are reading the input current at 9v which would be correct for 9v. Sadly lithium cells are charged to 4.2v, not 9v.

And my old and tired single 18650 are not 2500mAh anymore, but are 2000mAh cells instead.

bombastinator2

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2023
Ah... why it is true some manufactures stretch the truth. Most of them well known and used for vaping are quite accurate. We can see that with @Mooch recommendations. My RC chargers are also deadly accurate. And back in 2015, I purchased two XTAR VC4 and they are still are working beautiful 9 years later. And they are also accurate. Sadly I later purchased XTAR VC4S and VC4SL chargers. Fine chargers, but they only read half of the actual mAh. I speculate they are reading the input current at 9v which would be correct for 9v. Sadly lithium cells are charged to 4.2v, not 9v.

And my old and tired single 18650 are not 2500mAh anymore, but are 2000mAh cells instead.
Might be getting better over time then. At one point, at least, it was nearly random

Reactions: no|ah

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I haven't seen that to be the case. Huge players like Samsung, Sony, LG, Panasonic, Aspire, etc. weed out cells that doesn't pass the mustard. And they sell off the rejects as scrape. Some unscrupleless buyers will sometimes sell off these as authentic. Maybe this is what you have ran across before.

Users who are viewing this thread