LIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
PEEK is the proven standard. And if it's good enough for industry applications, it's more than good enough for vaping.
Btw, through user error you can get everything to melt or break.

I highly question the "learning part" in your answer.
I take it u dont like me. M aybe the guy in the review screwed up with the LIT rda. The vaping Bogan likes it. But someone on here sent me a youtube saying the peek insulator melts.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I was told most rdas have peek insolators but I know of only a few the do. The Cosmonaut, Kennedy, Bonza, any post design. I only see them in clamp style rdas. I just like conversating. I dont want to piss anyone off. This forum is fun. Gives me something to do when Im off and I learn lots of stuff. Ill go to another forum if Im not wanted here.

All tanks/rda's have to use some sort of insulator to separate the positive and negative sections. This is a fundamental electrical requirement. Some early designs I believe used rubber, but that had it's own set of problems. I think I have heard of a couple that used ceramic. Most use PEEK though. PEEK is a cheap high temp plastic that makes it ideal for use in ecigs. What else do you know of used as an insulator and in what tanks?

Ephraim Cooper

Moved On
Aug 14, 2018
All tanks/rda's have to use some sort of insulator to separate the positive and negative sections. This is a fundamental electrical requirement. Some early designs I believe used rubber, but that had it's own set of problems. I think I have heard of a couple that used ceramic. Most use PEEK though. PEEK is a cheap high temp plastic that makes it ideal for use in ecigs. What else do you know of used as an insulator and in what tanks?
I didnt know they all had insulators. I just seen where Lits insulator melts.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
I take it u dont like me. M aybe the guy in the review screwed up with the LIT rda. The vaping Bogan likes it. But someone on here sent me a youtube saying the peek insulator melts.
I don't know whether I like you or not. We've never met in person.
I'm just straightforward.

Sure, the insulator of the Lit can melt if you glow out your coils like mad, but that's user error.
And user error can end up in blowing off faces.
No matter how many atties you have, no matter how much you paid for anything, no matter what safetyfeatures a device may have, if you don't learn the basics you may always end up as a pile of minced meat.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I had a feeling we were getting played about 100 threads ago.... I'm now convinced. He's fun, though. :thumbs:
Usually gives me some reading at launch breaks when i'm working XD so i find these fun aswell (even though i can't seem to catch up to the number of threads he's posting ahah :p)

Last edited:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
It isn't capable of reading the temperature of kanthal wire.
Not a single mod in existence can do this.
TC works only with Nickel, Titanium and SS. And even then it's more guessing than 100% accurate readout.
I know there are a couple of mods out there that you can use kanthal in tc. I believe one is made by Hexohm. But yes that is a rare exception.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
@Ephraim Cooper Please please read and digest this post....

Just stop and breathe for 5 minutes. You start a new random thread which contradicts the previous ramblings every single day. And you appear to not be reading or learning a single thing. In fact, your knowledge seems to go down with every post you make.

Can I make a suggestion? Actually read what is being said to you when you ask a question. There is a key piece of info above about the fact that your temp control cannot possibly be working and rather than asking why, you just ramble on about how it is new and therefore must be accurate. I bet that you have no idea why it won’t work and you will leave this thread none the wiser - the same as you do with every single thread you make.

Please, just slow down and digest the info given. Although incredibly entertaining in parts, it is amazingly frustrating to read and only because of one thing - you don’t listen.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Lucid RDA or Squid Industries Chief King or Twisted Messes TM24 PRO or Vapefly Wormhole or OBS Crius RDA are a few you might look at. Those are all good RDAs but are still probably not expensive enough for you. You could get a Reload X by Reload Vapor USA that's in your price range.
No, they're not. Even the Radius is not expensive enough for him. Or the Entheon.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
@Ephraim Cooper , apart from all the rest of it which oh my I don't want to go into, there were really only one or two temperature controlled mods (yes, made by hexom) that can read kanthal. Nichrome and kanthal can ONLY be vaped in wattage mode for the most part, either because that material fluctuates too much, or not enough (I can never remember) so there is not enough "change" in the wire as it heats, which is how mods read temperature. You may have somehow SET your DNA mod to temperature mode, but either you did that and it's just not working which is why your temp is always reading at 450F, (it should really kick you out of temp mode though I think, unless you somehow locked your settings) but it's probably not a good idea to use Tc with a non TC wire, honestly, not to mention you are wasting battery life by trying to monitor something which can't be monitored.

Last I heard, you were happy at 80 W Boost mode on your device. Has that changed in any way, and if so, why did you change it?

Finally, I am certainly of the opinion that expensive mods and tanks can be nice, but "less expensive" ones do not HAVE to be less reliable, less pleasurable, or even less durable. So you saw one instance of a PEEK insulator melting, so well, so what? You have no idea what was being done to cause it to melt, almost EVERY mod or tank I personally own has its fans and its detractors.

If you only want to buy expensive things that is also perfectly fine with me, but I don't think it's accurate that all expensive gear is "better" than less expensive gear and not everyone has he luxury of more expensive equipment as you, and I'm going to guess SOME such folks may ACTUALLY be enjoying their cheap gear more than you are more "expensive" items, because they've taken the time to learn about them, which you should really do. Etc.

Anna

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
I know there are a couple of mods out there that you can use kanthal in tc. I believe one is made by Hexohm. But yes that is a rare exception.
Ok. But it's still no real temperature readout and the results are quite unsatisfying as far as I remember.
But I don't invest much time in TC, so I might be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread