Status
Not open for further replies.

Boobsley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2016
Indiana
What? You don't like the color???? ;) :laugh:

It's the OBS Cube-X. It's the one that takes external 18650s (there are a couple of versions).

Thanks for the response. Seems both look the same, I do like the idea of replaceable bats though. Looks like the X is hard to find without a atty included. I did just do a quick search though. I’ll spend more time looking later.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Oo, thank you for that. I bought an Xvo from a friend and I'm having a problem finding an rta that won't get it's AF hidden from sight.

You shouldn't have to worry about that if it's a 22mm, muth. I never do. I just throw them into the Xvo, and they work great.

I wouldn't trade my Xvos for anything out there today.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks for the response. Seems both look the same, I do like the idea of replaceable bats though. Looks like the X is hard to find without a atty included. I did just do a quick search though. I’ll spend more time looking later.

My pleasure! It's not often I get to bring actual value to this place (clowning around doesn't seem to count, nor should it). :w00t:

If you don't mind waiting 3-4 weeks, it's tough to beat the price. We're very satisfied with the ones we got from there.

I hope this helps!

OBS Cube X 80W Mod - 18650

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
You shouldn't have to worry about that if it's a 22mm, muth. I never do. I just throw them into the Xvo, and they work great.

I wouldn't trade my Xvos for anything out there today.
So you've had no issues when your AF gets hidden behind the cage?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
So you've had no issues when your AF gets hidden behind the cage?

No, never. Four years, so far. I'm sure there are atties out there where the base juts out a touch, so I can see the possibility of blockage, but none of the ones that I use have ever been an issue (Ego One Megas, Odyssey, Trons, Erls, Doggies, & Fresias).

All of those have worked perfectly well, and I never even look to see where the AFC is landing.

What atties have you tried so far? Were they actually blocked, or you just didn't like not being able to see it?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Wait a minute, what!??I have a Cube and it's internal batt. I'd kill for the same mod with an external battery, preferably a xx700.

Yes. Those were the earlier models. The "X" is more recent, and takes one 18650.

I don't know if they've got a '700 out, but I don't think they do (not certain though).

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Yes. Those were the earlier models. The "X" is more recent, and takes one 18650.

I don't know if they've got a '700 out, but I don't think they do (not certain though).
Sons a beeches! I didn't know. My friend is gonna be mad. She just bought a Cube and I know she would have preferred an external, as well. I've had mine for some time now and really enjoy it. I'll just have to get the new one now.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
No, never. Four years, so far. I'm sure there are atties out there where the base juts out a touch, so I can see the possibility of blockage, but none of the ones that I use have ever been an issue (Ego One Megas, Odyssey, Trons, Erls, Doggies, & Fresias).

All of those have worked perfectly well, and I never even look to see where the AFC is landing.

What atties have you tried so far? Were they actually blocked, or you just didn't like not being able to see it?
I tried some old KF Lites, maybe a 22mm Griffin. Idk, I have about 43 RTAs and haven't tried them all.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Sons a beeches! I didn't know. My friend is gonna be mad. She just bought a Cube and I know she would have preferred an external, as well. I've had mine for some time now and really enjoy it. I'll just have to get the new one now.

I'm really enjoying them. I like that they're slightly rounded, which is also a reason I'm so fond of the Xvos.

I tried some old KF Lites, maybe a 22mm Griffin. Idk, I have about 43 RTAs and haven't tried them all.

I've used my KFLs and they're been fine too. Was the air actually blocked, or the AFC was just not visible ?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I just got a Hussar Project X. Maybe that will work. But to answer your question, I don't really think the AF is getting blocked I just like to see it, Call me quirky. I'll get over it.

Copy that. Thanks , and I hope it ends up working for you. Phenomenal mods if you like them.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
I'm really enjoying them. I like that they're slightly rounded, which is also a reason I'm so fond of the Xvos.

I've used my KFLs and they're been fine too. Was the air actually blocked, or the AFC was just not visible ?
I'll check tomorrow and let you know. I'm snug as a bug in bed and I don't remember.

HappyCamper

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2009
Wyoming
<teehee> H Camps. But wait. You PAUSED B Bloods??? Say WHAT????

(huge fangoi here)

POST OF THE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbs:
:banana:
:rickroll:
:headbang:

Used up all the W H A T in the freezer?

;)

(sorry Uncs) :D

I know!! I felt so bad! I was trying so hard to get it in the right way. I eventually just grabbed my Dani mini, and apologized to my hubs.
Disclaimer... I bought 3, 2 are buttery smooth threads, 1 however is a pain.
Even after I swiped the threads with no ox Id.

Last edited:

Boobsley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2016
Indiana
My pleasure! It's not often I get to bring actual value to this place (clowning around doesn't seem to count, nor should it). :w00t:

If you don't mind waiting 3-4 weeks, it's tough to beat the price. We're very satisfied with the ones we got from there.

I hope this helps!

OBS Cube X 80W Mod - 18650

Don’t mind at all. I’m trying to build up my stock of attys & mods. I stocked up on nic a couple years ago. Never occurred to me then to have a stock of mods too. With what is going on in the news, I don’t want to be left without a mod if the vapeocolypse ever happens.

I feel that I have to add that I had homemade lasagna with wife made sauce last night & today after church I’ll be having biscuits & gravy. Just sayin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread