Little itty bitty mods under $100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Hello, My Dear Itty Bitty Folks! One of my Sinuous P80's has died (3 others going strong) and I'm looking for a similar replacement. They're currently out of stock at wismec.us, but other places seem to have them. I don't want anything bigger, and I love the firing panel on the P80. Anything I should consider?
P80pic.jpg
vaporesso Armour Pro is very similar in using a firing bar. I have both, and the AP is much better built, and much better screen. If you like the P80, you'd love the AP. Got a deal on the ugly green, but it's kind of growing on me. And I love the mod.
upload_2020-4-22_11-54-36.png

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Vaporesso Armour Pro is very similar in using a firing bar. I have both, and the AP is much better built, and much better screen. If you like the P80, you'd love the AP. Got a deal on the ugly green, but it's kind of growing on me. And I love the mod.
View attachment 881379
Nice! How does it compare in size to the P80?

Reactions: Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Nice! How does it compare in size to the P80?
Pretty similar. P80 is more square, and AP is narrower one side, wider the other. AP is a little taller, too- so a little bigger overall.

But now that I dug it out- I liked it a lot, but fit & finish is pretty cheap on the Wismec. Looks nice, but it's really cheap stamped metal, black inserts leave large gaps to trap dust, and nowhere near as well made and good feeling in the hand as AP.

If you like the squeeze to fire feature, this may be your best all around alternative.
upload_2020-4-23_19-45-17.png

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Pretty similar. P80 is more square, and AP is narrower one side, wider the other. AP is a little taller, too- so a little bigger overall.

But now that I dug it out- I liked it a lot, but fit & finish is pretty cheap on the Wismec. Looks nice, but it's really cheap stamped metal, black inserts leave large gaps to trap dust, and nowhere near as well made and good feeling in the hand as AP.

If you like the squeeze to fire feature, this may be your best all around alternative.
View attachment 881601
Thanks for taking/posting that comp shot. I'll keep an eye out for one. Right now, even Vaporesso only has the green. I really like the midnight blue. You're right that the P80 collects a lot of dust under the fire bar, and while it can be removed and cleaned, it's a major P.I.T.A. Overall, I've found the P80 to be pretty reliable. I purchased 4 of them in 08/2018 and only one has bit the dust.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Thanks for taking/posting that comp shot. I'll keep an eye out for one. Right now, even Vaporesso only has the green. I really like the midnight blue. You're right that the P80 collects a lot of dust under the fire bar, and while it can be removed and cleaned, it's a major P.I.T.A. Overall, I've found the P80 to be pretty reliable. I purchased 4 of them in 08/2018 and only one has bit the dust.
If you use 22mm tanks, the RX75 might be worth looking in to. It's the same basic board as the P80 and has a great hand feel and fire bar. I believe they're still around on clearance here or there. One of my favorites.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Yeah, I agree. I liked using the P80. And probably many mod failures are electrical rather than mechanical anyway. Mine worked for a long time, and still works.

I did see a few sites on vapecrawler that showed AP in stock. Just did a google on it, and first site that came up showed it in stock, at $12, with purchase of any other device. I've never ordered from them, but it might be worth a look if they have anything else you'd like.
upload_2020-4-24_11-10-18.png

edit: Actually, I'm not sure if their site is working. I tried to add one to the cart to see what colors were available, and it says selecting PG/VG blend is a required field???

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Actually, I'm not sure if their site is working. I tried to add one to the cart to see what colors were available, and it says selecting PG/VG blend is a required field???

I've purchased maybe 4 times from Vaprzon in the last 6 months with no problems at all. They shipped promptly, items were great, etc. However, in the last 2 weeks...I've called and left 4 voicemails for them and have never received a call back. I've used their Contact Us form (that didn't work correctly), and was told by email that it wasn't working correctly. (No :censored: Sherlock!) :facepalm: I then directly emailed them and explained the problem with the pages for their AP mods and many other mods and/or kits...that are doing the same thing on their website. I explained in detail what the problem was...and when it happens while trying to add the items I want to the Cart, but get Eliquid showing IN the Cart instead!!! The response I got had nothing at all to do with the problem I explained in detail. Instead it talked about why a coupon code wouldn't work if/when I added another item to my Cart. :facepalm: :facepalm:

I even had a neighbor try adding the same items I'd wanted, to a Cart on his own PC...to see if it would do the same thing. Yep...same thing! I even posted comments on their Facebook page about the problems. Still no help, no response of any kind!

I'm going to PM you about even more in a little while. OK with you?

Last edited:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
g to PM you about even more in a little while. OK with you?
Sure, JC- but I'm not trying to buy another- was just trying to help @magicmyst . Although it did pique my interest for a moment at $12! Figured after I had to pick the pg/vg ratio for a mod that something was quite wrong! o_O Webmaster must be chugging a little brew while working remotely, wherever they are!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I like the look of this: Eleaf iStick Rim C 80W. Anybody used one? Here's a review.
9717243-5.jpg

I like it. Some similarities to the OBS Cube Mini, which is one I use a lot. Slimmer though, so probably even a better hand feel.

I'm also a BIG fan of the aforementioned Armour Pros. These two are in play right now. I run them in 18650 mode with a sleeve. It's MORE than enough for my 11 watts.

:vapor:

ArmourPros_20200425_204521.jpg

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Just ordered the Eleaf iStick Rim C 80W (says 'ships next day' so should get here soon). I have an Aegis Solo arriving tomorrow and will keep an eye out for an Armour Pro in Midnight Blue. I'm a binge vaping hardware buyer (more is more!), but fortunately, I only do it once or twice a year.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Just ordered the Eleaf iStick Rim C 80W (says 'ships next day' so should get here soon). I have an Aegis Solo arriving tomorrow and will keep an eye out for an Armour Pro in Midnight Blue. I'm a binge vaping hardware buyer (more is more!), but fortunately, I only do it once or twice a year.

While we still can, we may as well... ;)

Congrats on the buy!!! :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread