May 26, 2013
Wesson, MS, USA

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
My Aegis Solo arrived today and I'm really impressed. It has an extremely solid feel- leather grip on the back, rubber on top, bottom and all sides except the front. Clear, easy to read display. After handling this mod, I understand @Brewdawg1181 previous comments about the P80, which compared to this mod, feels a tad flimsy. But the P80 still wins on compact form factor. We'll see how the Eleaf iStick Rim C 80W compares when it gets here from China.

front-crp.jpg

side-crp.jpg

top-crp.jpg

hand-700.jpg

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I understand @DPLongo22 previous comments about the P80, which compared to this mod, feels a tad flimsy.

I'm afraid you've got me mixed up with another. Was it KD, maybe? As much as I liked the P80, I never got one. She did, but I did not. Unusual as that situation may be, this is one of the (few) exceptions where we didn't buy the same things. It happens. :rolleyes:

BOTH (of your mods) look QUITE nice to me. :)

Post-post edit: Twas our favorite beer loving canine, @Brewdawg1181 . :cool:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I stand correctly corrected, and so does my post. :(

NO worries on my account. I actually had to check back to my posts, because with me, you never know...

;)

ALL good, and good luck with the newbie. Vapers love new toys; we do, we do. :thumb:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
My Aegis Solo arrived today and I'm really impressed. It has an extremely solid feel- leather grip on the back, rubber on top, bottom and all sides except the front. Clear, easy to read display. After handling this mod, I understand @Brewdawg1181 previous comments about the P80, which compared to this mod, feels a tad flimsy. But the P80 still wins on compact form factor. We'll see how the Eleaf iStick Rim C 80W compares when it gets here from China.

front-crp.jpg

side-crp.jpg

top-crp.jpg

hand-700.jpg
Yeah, Magic- I have the solo and like it a lot, too. Just not for sliding in and out of a pocket. Perfect for washing the car, going to the beach, working in the shop or something though. And I've been looking at the Rim C, too- looks pretty good. Seems we share good taste! :thumb:

You really should look for a deal on the Asmodus Colossal- that's one you'd love, too.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, Magic- I have the solo and like it a lot, too. Just not for sliding in and out of a pocket. Perfect for washing the car, going to the beach, working in the shop or something though. And I've been looking at the Rim C, too- looks pretty good. Seems we share good taste! :thumb:

You really should look for a deal on the Asmodus Colossal- that's one you'd love, too.
I really like the look of the Rim C and will report back when it arrives. The Asmodus Colossal is a good size for me, too. Maybe one of each?

JessQuits

Nov 5, 2019
Things tight at home at the moment but i am thinking of upgrading my mod.
I want to keep my SWAG 80w for using at home with my Innokin Zlide (need less cloud production at home) but then buy a new mod to use with my Wasp NANO RTA for when i smoke outside.

I like rugged,i dont use smartphone (that is another topic altogether but i refuse to own one) but my main phone is a Nokia 800 ;)

View attachment 881343

But i still have some ol' nokias 5100 (bought a box of them years ago when i was in Shanghai)

View attachment 881345

So as you can see i like rugged devices,been looking into the Aegis Solo and Aegis X but not a fan of the looks of the aegis solo and not really liking the screen of the Aexis X but one device that i immediately liked was the Vandy Vape Jackaroo:

View attachment 881349

That one right there is in my bucket list,but things tight at home at the moment so it will have to wait.
Birthday is the 11th of june thou so maybe by then ill get it as a gift from my pops :)
Jackaroo on sale at Vaporl. Just a little over $21 plus shipping.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I really like the look of the Rim C and will report back when it arrives. The Asmodus Colossal is a good size for me, too. Maybe one of each?
At least! Really, I love tiny mods, but the Colossal is probably my favorite overall single 18650 mod. Tough as nails, nice UI, oozes quality, and the boost mode fits me perfectly. It's way heavier than I like, but that's a small price to pay. Got it directly from Asmodus when they had a 50% off sale, so it was like $20-22, something like that. If I'd have tried one first, I'd have gladly paid more than list on it, though.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Jackaroo on sale at Vaporl. Just a little over $21 plus shipping.

Thanks for the heads up but @Uncle already told me a couple pages back :)
Ordered yesterday and now im just patiently waiting to get it (june 2022 probably by what i hear),coming from Hong Kong so who knows.

Got the Red ridge color,not a fan of it thou but ill just get some obsidian panels later on.

Thanks anyway for letting me know,cheers.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
As far as tiny mods, I just got the IJoy Diamond VPC. I was hesitant, but only paid $6.95 for the thing. I love it. It fits right between my... under my shirt perfectly with my LittleFoot MTL RTA. Love it. That Rta is so easy to build. Great buy. Under $20 for the combo.
Just so ya know, that mod is powered by a single 20350. You can replace it if needed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

JessQuits

Nov 5, 2019
Just so ya know, that mod is powered by a single 20350. You can replace it if needed.

Yes. I bought an extra one. Thinking of picking up an extra device also. Hmm... This addiction has to stop though. In the last two months I have bought over 9 devices. I wish the battery was able to be replaced in the Simple Squonk. Love that thing. The Squiid Squad is lovely also. Along with a Luna Squonk, three mechanical tube mods, two Aegis Legend, Shogun Univ, and a squid double barrel also. I know I am missing something. I have so many rdas, rtas, rdtas. J do wish I hadn't just gave away my purge mechanical Mods. If looking for some mechanical.mods that are decent quality and cheap, check out House of Vapor in NY online. Good prices, good shipping rates.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015

JessQuits

Nov 5, 2019
Thanks for the heads up but @Uncle already told me a couple pages back :)
Ordered yesterday and now im just patiently waiting to get it (june 2022 probably by what i hear),coming from Hong Kong so who knows.

Got the Red ridge color,not a fan of it thou but ill just get some obsidian panels later on.

Thanks anyway for letting me know,cheers.
I got mine in about three weeks, not that device, but an order from there.

• Informative
Reactions: DavidOck

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
I got mine in about three weeks, not that device, but an order from there.

Good to know then,i might not have to wait as much as i thought.

Can't wait to get the Jackaroo,tired of unscrewing different atomizers on my poor Swag 80w,this way i keep my Wasp Nano RTA on my jackaroo and my Innokin Zlide on my Swag 80 :)

cheers

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
You know nothing of shinyitis. Up until just recently, I had more than 400 devices and nearly double that in atties. I've sold more than 50 items, and still have a collection that will put most brick and mortar shops to shame.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    You know nothing of shinyitis. Up until just recently, I had more than 400 devices and nearly double that in atties. I've sold more than 50 items, and still have a collection that will put most brick and mortar shops to shame.

Any Asmodus mods in your collection that you care to offload? 25 of em' is not enough for me;)

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread