Status
Not open for further replies.

magicmyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I still can't get it to fire in basic TC mode, using the same 25W/205℃. setting. Is this normal- one or the other, but not both?

Happy you got it going in TCR mode.

On mine I just switch over to basic TC mode and vape. However in basic TC mode with the Asmodus default TCR setting it is a weak vape. You should be able to switch between TC and TCR modes and it should fire.

Just tested one of mine and it works using either basic TC or TCR mode. Maybe it's not seeing your atty in basic TC mode. Not firing would be a sign of that. Perhaps try pulling the battery, wait a minute or so, pop the battery back in, re-read your atty's cold resistance and then try it in basic TC mode.

It should work in either mode - it's not a one or the other.

Hope that helps. :)
Nope. Not on mine. It fires in TC Mode, but very feebly- just a whimper. TCR is fine. Same settings in both, so it should work. It's also fine in straight power mode. It's a nice little mod, but it pales in comparison to my Aegis Solo in nearly every way.
OK, I found the problem: the mod's resistance reading was faulty (too low). I re-wicked and did another cold Ω check and now it's working in TCR and TC modes. However, I can't use a different temp/wattage setting in TC. It default's to the setting in TCR.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    OK, I found the problem: the mod's resistance reading was faulty (too low). I re-wicked and did another cold Ω check and now it's working in TCR and TC modes. However, I can't use a different temp/wattage setting in TC. It default's to the setting in TCR.
    Did you do the firmware update?
    asMODus Firmware Updates

magicmyst

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest

Cool. :)

In TC/TCR/TFR it's one setting temp/wattage across all modes. Bummer, but that's the way it works.

Did you do the firmware update?
    asMODus Firmware Updates

Don't need to. See below.

Good question. Is there a way to check the firmware version on the mod?

Yes there is.

- Press "fire" 5x.
    - Scroll left or right until you see V. Press V and the Colossal with display the chip and FW version.
    Like so...
    GX80HUT2
    0812v16

My Colossal's from last year all came with v16 installed. It is safe to say any recently purchased from Vapor Range or asMODus direct will have v16 installed.

Hope that helps! ;)

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    I just ordered another Colossal from VaporRange myself. I had it in my cart for days, and didn't pull the trigger. I don't really need it, but it gnawed at me- hard to pass up a mod that good for $23.16 shipped.

I didn't even realize until after placing the order- looks like they're based in CA?

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    I just ordered another Colossal from VaporRange myself. I had it in my cart for days, and didn't pull the trigger. I don't really need it, but it gnawed at me- hard to pass up a mod that good for $23.16 shipped.

I didn't even realize until after placing the order- looks like they're based in CA?

Did you get a pretty pink one?:p

Reactions: Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Did you get a pretty pink one?:p
    Nah, I've been known to wear pink shirts sometimes...but never really had a hankering for a pink mod! :)
    Most of mine have always been SS, grey, silver, etc. Except for the pretty awesome Armour Pro that is that fluorescent lime green, which I'm not covering- it's grown on me and kinda looks cool with a black atty.

But for some reason, I've been wanting a white mod, so that's the one I got.

btw, I used your BYEBYESUN code- thanks for that! It actually gives you a 27% discount on something that was already marked down to a great price. Makes it about 50% off retail.

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Nah, I've been known to wear pink shirts sometimes...but never really had a hankering for a pink mod! :)
    Most of mine have always been SS, grey, silver, etc. Except for the pretty awesome Armour Pro that is that fluorescent lime green, which I'm not covering- it's grown on me and kinda looks cool with a black atty.

btw, I used your BYEBYESUN code- thanks for that! It actually gives you a 27% discount on something that was already marked down to a great price. Makes it about 50% off retail.
    Are you sure it's not the white that turns pink?

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia

That's a pretty good deal, Enjoy:thumb:

magicmyst

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    FWIW, the slow boat from China is really slow right now (at least for me). I ordered an Eleaf iStick Rim C from Fasttech on April 26 (ships next day), and it just today posted in China. Ordered a 2nd Aegis Solo from Sourcemore (in stock) on April 29, and it hasn't even hit the China Post yet.

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    FWIW, the slow boat from China is really slow right now (at least for me). I ordered an Eleaf iStick Rim C from Fasttech on April 26 (ships next day), and it just today posted in China. Ordered a 2nd Aegis Solo from Sourcemore (in stock) on April 29, and it hasn't even hit the China Post yet.

I have 7 orders coming from China and many of them shipped in March that never left China yet. The last order I received from China was shipped in February and I got that one in three weeks.

Wow1420

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2013
    Somewhere out there
    20200702_143229-01.jpeg

Hi all, first time posting here. I got a Target 2 the other day. If the Solo is itty bitty, what do you call the Target? Micro itty bitty? It goes pretty good with the 2ml Zlide. Solo can handle the 4ml.

:lol: Just wanted to show off my new stuff :)

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    View attachment 894149

Hi all, first time posting here. I got a Target 2 the other day. If the Solo is itty bitty, what do you call the Target? Micro itty bitty? It goes pretty good with the 2ml Zlide. Solo can handle the 4ml.

:lol: Just wanted to show off my new stuff :)

Wow!

I mean, "Wow, Wow!" :?:;):lol:

Lookin' GOOD!!! :thumbs:

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    I know its a dual battery device, but in terms of size its almost as small as a single battery mod.
    I know the V3 Double Barrel has been around since last year, but it's new to me and so far I'm loving it.
    Does anyone know if it's possible to register the product in terms of a warranty?
    • Faultless build quality and fit and finish
    • Looks really handsome
    • Ergonomic and comfortable
    • Simple - wattage only, tun the wheel to adjust
    Cons
    • Slight delay to fire
    • Display quite dark when out and about
    Ck3jWys.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread