Little trick makes your juice taste better - Liquid makers HATE it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siacri6x

Dec 16, 2017
ah damn..I was hoping this was going to be the miracle that tells me how to fix the countless bottles of liquid I have purchased that failed to indicate there was custard or cake notes in the flavor.. For some reason the pastry flavor is just unvapable for me and it seems to be the secret ingredient in a ton of store bought flavors..to the point where I cannot afford to buy without a bunch of research before hand and alot of manufacturers dont want to say weather or not its in the mix.. I mean..things you wouldnt expect to be custard or cake will have it in there.. to me the custard tastes like bleach on the exhale..with john wayne being the single lone exception.. I cant smell it when smelling an opened bottle but the moment vapor hits my tongue I can tell that ive just dumped another $15-$30 on another eternal steeper(thats what I call my wall of juice I cant use).. If there were more people with the same problem I would start a list of juices that definitely don't and surprisingly do.. I can low ball the amount of money ive wasted..assuming $10 a bottle it adds up to $480 in the last four years..sometimes making vaping more expensive than smoking! sorry to rant!

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
ah damn..I was hoping this was going to be the miracle that tells me how to fix the countless bottles of liquid I have purchased that failed to indicate there was custard or cake notes in the flavor..
Have you taken the time (if your equipment has the ability) to run the liquid through the full range of options?

When I finally started investing the time; I was surprised by the results. Hardware, and hardware setup, has a lot of influence on the way any given e-liquid can taste. Airflow, power/temperature, and even atomizer design; all influence perceived flavor. Opening/closing airflow, increasing/decreasing power(temperature), and often a combination of both, can influence perceived taste.

Even such esoteric influences of coil design, and inhale force, can affect the way an e-liquid tastes.

Just because your chosen setup works on "flavor A;" it is no guarantee that it is appropriate/best for "flavor B."

Flavor chasing... to me, is much more difficult (and more personal) than chasing clouds. There are way more potential ingredients (in terms of flavor concentrates) than just simple matters of PG, VG, airflow, and coil surface area.

Flavor is always a personal preference. A thousand other vapers can pronounce flavor "X" as the best. But, if I don't like flavor "X," or don't like the off taste of some component that is used to make flavor "X," then I am not going to share the same opinion. It doesn't mean this thousand people are wrong. Or, that I am wrong. It only demonstrates that we do not share the same palate.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread