lJoy/Limitless RDTA (build tutorial and first impressions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
I typed Kennedy 24 driptip in eBay a couple weeks ago & bought one for $10 with free shipping.
20160626_183656.jpg

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I like this tank but just can't abide that silly mouthpiece. I know that some Griffin and Kennedy tips will fit but don't own either of those and am not willing to purchase one just for the drip tips. Anyone know where I could purchase a drip tip that fits, without it costing more than the tank itself?
Just do a google search, you will find some or look on Ebay :)

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Simple is beautiful :)

Was looking for a marginally less cloudy and substantially less battery intensive build for the Limitless. I settled on a slick wire 26ga build in 316SS. It's 8/7 wraps on a 3.5mm mandrel, ohming in the .3 range:
slick1.jpg

slick2.jpg

slick3.jpg

slick4.jpg

Vapes like a dream between 35-50 watts. Still plenty cloudy, but it doesn't compete with the sawdust in the cabinet shop any more, lol.

Reactions: BoostAddict

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Sounds like the Limitless is a winner for flavor. Do you think it'll maintain 80-90w in TC with dual 8wrap 24g 3.5mm Ti coils? I mean, will it really wick fast enough for that wattage range using single strand coils? Seems like gravity would have a negative effect on juice transport regardless of wicking medium. Most folks I know who use gennies vape in the 20-25w range with single coils and up to 50w with duals. I like higher powered vapes, will this one get me there?

Last edited:

Danneh

Mar 21, 2016
Yep, it'll definitely work, I've had a pair of monstrous fused claptons handling 150W without issue. Gravity does negatively impact wicking, but with a sufficient density of wick, capillary action is more than enough to overcome it. TC will help regulate against any wicking problems too.

My best way of wicking it has been using one short (just inside the tank) and one long wick (to the bottom). This seems to work better than either both short or both long.

Danneh

Mar 21, 2016
I've just done a bit of testing on my DNA200 and eScribe. My kanthal coil read 0.148 ohms, which jumped to 0.150 when I fired it. For reference, my Kayfun 5 fluctuates from around 0.753 to 0.769, and my Aromamizer Supreme reads 0.196, and jumps to 0.200, suggesting the Limitless is pretty rock solid. Actually surprised me!

Just installed a pair of simple 316L coils, and TC is working flawlessly. Granted I don't know how other chips will handle it, or SS claptons, but I'd bet money that you'll have no issues.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Thanks for that info @Danneh. It'll be interesting to see whether or not the Limitless will hold that .148 cold res after removing and reinstalling the atty numerous times over a period of time. Base (cold) res changes of less than .02 for Ni, less than .01 for Ti or Nife and less than .005 for most stainless steels are fine ie hardly a discernable change in vaping temp.

Reactions: BoostAddict

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2015
UK
Sounds like the Limitless is a winner for flavor. Do you think it'll maintain 80-90w in TC with dual 8wrap 24g 3.5mm Ti coils? I mean, will it really wick fast enough for that wattage range using single strand coils? Seems like gravity would have a negative effect on juice transport regardless of wicking medium. Most folks I know who use gennies vape in the 20-25w range with single coils and up to 50w with duals. I like higher powered vapes, will this one get me there?

Seems to keep up ok chain vaping this build mate

Dual 13wrap 24awg with 3mm id

I would say it wicks faster than my 24avocado as the holes are bigger so can keep the tails more fluffed [is that even a word]

20160724_152536.jpg

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Seems to keep up ok chain vaping this build mate

Dual 13wrap 24awg with 3mm id

I would say it wicks faster than my 24avocado as the holes are bigger so can keep the tails more fluffed [is that even a word]

View attachment 581725

Nice build! Some of us are arguing the safety of these "colored titanium screws" in the Plus in another thread. Would you mind posting a pic of what your screws look like now? I'm assuming this pic is from when yours was brand new.

I ask because my screws looked like that out of the box but after I vaped it literally 5 times the screws turned dark grey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2015
UK
Nice build! Some of us are arguing the safety of these "colored titanium screws" in the Plus in another thread. Would you mind posting a pic of what your screws look like now? I'm assuming this pic is from when yours was brand new.

I ask because my screws looked like that out of the box but after I vaped it literally 5 times the screws turned dark grey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oh Greeeeat:grr:

Looks like my juice has dissolved the paint and I have vaped it

Time for a dry burn and rewick too me thinks, but not bad for two weeks daily vaping with custard :thumb:

20160803_153048.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread