lJoy/Limitless RDTA (build tutorial and first impressions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quantum Mech

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2015
UK
Matched the coil to the screws in my other now :w00t:

20160803_162646.jpg

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
Panic over

Just needed cleaning :w00t:

View attachment 585223

Looks like its time to crack open the other plus & get building :D

Wow, nice job! So how did you clean them? On my first day after the initial 5 toots that turned my screws dark grey, I wiped the tops of the screws with a wet paper towel pretty hard and no change...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

awoodby

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2013
Livonia, mi
All in all i think ijoy and limitless hit a grandslam and really my complaints are few and more nitpicks an extra glass would have been nIce a 510 adapter and the lack of a single coil option are really the only cons I could find.

This is a great little rda/rdta and is one of my favorite attys right now and wether your chasing flavour or chucking clouds this bad chicken has got you covered

I Just picked one up today, the Limitless plus. It now has a thingy to make it single coil, fits normal 510 drip tips and comes with extra glass!

Just in case that wasn't already said 10x in the thread...

I just did my first build on it great wicking, holds decent thickness coils, super easy to build on, though I just looked and all my juice is on the desk, so apparently I need to try a little harder next time (argh)!

--alex

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I just did my first build on it great wicking, holds decent thickness coils, super easy to build on, though I just looked and all my juice is on the desk, so apparently I need to try a little harder next time (argh)!

--alex

Really? Did you have it lying down on its side? There really is no other way for it to leak unless the o rings at the bottom were either messed up or missing, or the glass wasn't fully seated. There are no holes on the bottom it can leak through.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I Just picked one up today, the Limitless plus. It now has a thingy to make it single coil, fits normal 510 drip tips and comes with extra glass!

Just in case that wasn't already said 10x in the thread...

--alex
I wouldn't build smaller than 2.5mm coil or there won't be enough cotton to prevent leaks.
Personally I do 4mm with round wire and don't build under 3mm in mine.

Reactions: awoodby

jj6404

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2015
VA
I wouldn't build smaller than 2.5mm coil or there won't be enough cotton to prevent leaks.
Personally I do 4mm with round wire and don't build under 3mm in mine.
Yeah I do 2.5 because I like the flavor better but I make sure my wicks fluff and swell to fill the wicking holes.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I love the avocado, but I am a single coil vapor, so have stayed away from the limitless, but then found out new version had plug for single coils and has a 510 drip tip adapter, so ordered one this evening.

I am a MTL vapor and know been said this is not a good MTL tank, but the 510 drip tip will cut the airflow down and even though I am a MTL vapor, I still like a bit more of a airer draw.

Should have beginning of next week and will report back if the new version is better for MTL :)

awoodby

ECF Veteran
    Sep 18, 2013
    Livonia, mi
    Yes, I had it in my car and switched tanks to try another juice, it leaked out like 4ml.

Now it may be really great, but it's going to take me some effort to get beyond the "if it tips over it makes a mess", when I have a dozen different tanks that do NOT spill everywhere.

Or maybe I make a specific spot in the car, at my desk at home and work, and in my vape area to hold it upright. Rather a pain though.

The first thing I'm going to do is try rewicking, and I DID get lazy, probably have 2mm coils in it that I happened to have in my case, maybe I'll pull them and upsize too.

Antiks

Apr 5, 2016
    Can someone please go me with this thing? Idk if I should create another thread or if I'm in over my head. I just excited this today aftwr seeing good reviews. This my first rdta of this type.

Previously I had a UD simba which I had one and was doing little Clapton builds on. Got this with some pre-built . 5 ohm Clapton stainless coils and slapped two on. This had alot more space than my previous tank. So far this things blows compared to my other tank and I know something must be wrong. It gets extremely hot where I can't take a full pull. Because of that I'm barely blowing out any vapor and the flavor is lousy. My other tank was finicky but after loads of trial and error I finally got it to where it tasted good enough to eat. Threads stripped on it and it doesn't screw down anymore.

I like a tight airflow and flavor but as of now that seems impossible on this thing and I'm pissing through juice. My mod only is recommended to go up to only 75 watts. I started at 50 and worked my way up. As I went up it seemed to get better but got way too hot way too fast that it burned my lips. Same thing with TC. It actually tasted like crap for a bit. At one point I noticed inside the post hole was getting red hot so I loosened then tightened the screw up and it went away. I'm also getting alot of popping and spitting.

Feel like a total amateur right now, did I waste my money expecting something that this really isn't? I'm thinking maybe use only one coil? Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks

Edit: OK I started hitting it straight out of the 510 adapter. Idk if it is supposed to double as a top but now the heat is mostly gone. Weird because my 510 tips I put on are Delrin and they never would really get hot. I also pulled one coil out and am using single so that I'd have more power to work with. Always have and bad luck with dual coil builds for some strange reason. I have a weird mod, wismec Presa Tc 100w. Also, this is really my first time using stainless coils for a build. I've had stainless coils in sub ohm tanks before and loved them but maybe they are different that the kanthal I am used to since it is a build. Guess it is gonna take a lot of experimenting with wicking and such. Wicking can be a pain, but any tips on anything would still be appreciated.

Last edited:

MadVLN

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2016
    Central WA State
    sounds like you have a short somewhere on your coils/leads. maybe a small piece of clipped wire stuck in your hole. it should not get red hot at the post hole. SS coils ramp up quickly, but that should be non-factor in TC mode. the wicking and wire itself should not really matter when it comes to it getting TOO hot. you should be able to adjust for that with your wattage of course. coil placement is important for flavor. i like to raise my coils just slightly above the air slits. in dual coil, it can slurp up the juice. i'm getting plenty of flavor/vapor from single coil mode and the juice lasts a bit longer as well. give it a try.

Antiks

Apr 5, 2016
    I've got it working well now and it is great. I stopped using a 510 tip and all the heat I'd gone. I've been using the 510 adapter as the drip tip. Idk why this didn't come one. It is odd, 3 different 510s get really hot on this thing when they don't on other tanks. I'm also using 1 coil now instead of two. My mod only uses 1 battery. Either a 18650 or 26650. Higher watts with the lesser battery kills it very quick. Do vaping on a single ss316 .5 Clapton is giving me great flavor. I'll wind up experimenting with more some other time, but for now I'm really enjoying it. Probably buy a drip tip for it. Idk if it is the design that makes the 510 so hot.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread