"Lo ohms 1.1Ω " reading & now Vamo wont turn back on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exile

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Dallas,Tx
So I just got my Vamo in the mail today, along with a AGA-T2 atomizer. :)

The Vamo seemed to work fine for a few hours playing with it using carto tanks, Phoenix V3, and IGO-L.

So I decided to setup my AGA-T2 to try on the Vamo. I oxidized the ss mesh, & wrapped a 4/5 wrap coil using 30g kanthal on a 3/32 drill bit. Put it on the Vamo to check the ohms (1.6Ω), and proceeded to check the coil for hot spots. But as soon as I started to pulse the coil the Vamo shut itself off, and I got a "Lo ohms 1.1Ω" reading? So I checked the ohms again (1.5Ω), so I tried to pulse it again to check for hot spots, and once again it shut off, and I got a "Lo ohms 1.1Ω" reading???

But now after the second time the Vamo wont turn back on? I tried the 5 clicks off & on numerous times, and swapping the batteries out? When I first but a battery in now the screen will light up, and flash blank once, but thats all it will do now?

Anyone else have this problem before? Did I screw it up somehow? I am just SoL now? :(

popcornplaya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
Salt Lake City, Ut
When it happened to him I found a post that talked about the spring in the tube not being tight enough for the battery and some people saying it took 6-7 presses for there's. 1 more thing. They have a protection thing if the battery is not charged. Enough. Don't know if this help I just know he was super frustrated.

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
You're probably aware of this, but the Vamo should blink 3 times whenever you insert a battery. If it doesn't do that, then just return it for a new one. If it's not even blinking correctly to begin with, then it's defective, or intermittent. Just return it.

Thanks for the info. I just checked out my Vamo by taking out the battery and reinserting and it blinked three times...so all is good.

I've had this situation before where I experiment with rba's and sometimes the Ohms end up being too low and the my Vamo has shut down because of this. But I've always been able to turn it back on.

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Note sure which version of the Vamo your talking about BUT with my Vamo Version 3 it's turned on and then I remove the bat. Then install the bat and not only does it not blink but the protection/firmware has turned it OFF which is a good thing. :)

Can someone please confirm this with a Version 3?

rsgars

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Saratoga Springs, NY
For what it's worth I press the button on my Vamo once just to let it know I am getting ready to turn it on, then press five times and it turns on. I read about this on these forums. Before I started doing that it was inconsistent about turning on. Now that I actually press the button six times it powers up every time.

Exile

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
Dallas,Tx
Mine is a SS Vamo V2. I only have 3 Efest IMR 18350 flat top batteries at the moment, and they seem to fit snug in the battery tube with either a single 18350 or stacked 18350's.

The first few times when I would reinstall any battery the screen would light up & flash once like it was getting power, but would go blank/black, and I couldnt get nothing to happen after that?

And now every time I reinstall a battery it wont light up, or flash at all. Like its not getting any power?

I have some AW 18650 batteries coming, so im curious if a button top battery might make better contact?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
For what it's worth I press the button on my Vamo once just to let it know I am getting ready to turn it on, then press five times and it turns on. I read about this on these forums. Before I started doing that it was inconsistent about turning on. Now that I actually press the button six times it powers up every time.

My V2 is 6 times to turn on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread