local e cig shop prices, ouch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbeefy0

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2013
Clarksville, TN, USA
Not gonna name them, but they were quite high. I ordered a few EVODs from a few online vendors for about $4. But due to my impatientness I didn't want to wait that long and went out to get a charger for my ego twist battery, an EVOD, and a LR coil.

The charger was $7, EVOD was $8, and the single coil replacement was $4. I was waiting for the longest time for an ecig shop to open but this certain franchise has their prices wayyy too high.

mount baker Vapor, you have my customer satisfaction, I'm sorry I doubted you. Love me again? D:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Thing to remember is prices are generally going to be higher in a physical store as they have much more overhead to worry about than someone selling via online sales.

As long as the prices aren't outrageously high, supporting your local brick and mortar store would be a good thing to help them stay in business.

gando_salo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2013
Orlando, Florida, United States
Business 101...

Just rental in retail pushes their prices up byt 30% if not more and because you said franchise im assuming youre talking about a store that is a metropolitan city which would have much higher rents...

You'll notice their juice will be very affordable and sometimes cheaper than buying it direct, but those are not spontaneous buys...
But people with one mod and one clearo would run to them for a new coil instead of waiting 5 days for it to be shipped and thats when the scream chaching!!!

But figure this, you were most likely a smoker....how much have you saved since quitting??

freddy83

Jun 26, 2013
Johor Bahru Malaysia
Hi kumail. Just to share. The price is relatively fair enough, physical shops have Overheads like rental, Staffs, electrical bills, renovation start ups, not mentioning other expenses as well.... after those expenses, the boss have a gross profit of maybe 25% -30% . Erm...I thought of Some advantages and disadvantages of buying to onlines &

freddy83

Jun 26, 2013
Johor Bahru Malaysia
ContinUed. Sorry, Pressed the Wrong options... so we were at advantages & disadvantages of buying from both online & pyshical stores.

Advantages Online
1) Price relatively cheaper due to low overheads since they can work from home
2) Not having to walk / drive to Somewhere to get your stuffs, just click & click.
3) Get updates of new items instantly just by clicks of your fingers.

Disadvantages online
1) unable to see/touch the pyshical products itself, pictures can sometimes be delusive due to photo angles shot.
2) no live demonstration

ContinUed. Sorry, Pressed the Wrong options... so we were at advantages & disadvantages of buying from both online & pyshical stores.

Advantages Online
1) Price relatively cheaper due to low overheads since they can work from home
2) Not having to walk / drive to Somewhere to get your stuffs, just click & click.
And after the last click wait for at least three days and possibly up to two weeks (or more :() versus walking out with the product in your hand.
3) Get updates of new items instantly just by clicks of your fingers.
4) Shopping many different vendors from the chair in front of your PC
5) Being able to easily reference third party reviews of products (by using the forums like this one and you-tube reviews) before committing to purchase.

Disadvantages online
1) unable to see/touch the pyshical products itself, pictures can sometimes be delusive due to photo angles shot.
2) no live demonstration
and
Shipping costs.
Difficulty and time involved in returns/exchanges.

I have a brick and mortar around the corner from me and while the prices are higher I still end up shopping there. It's funny, I used to buy my cigarettes there! When I had a problem with the eGo V2 mega I bought there I drove back and they replaced it on the spot, then the replacement had a problem and I had to go back again, and got a third one, on the spot. I can't even imagine what that process would have been like with an online vendor!
That being said, I got my Protanks from Discount Vapors and order juices from ... well....everywhere. I also buy juices from my local store because they keep a clearo full of most of the flavors they carry so I'm able to try a puff or two of a juice before I buy it. I would not normally buy a blueberry waffle juice because I can't imagine it tasting good. That is a problem with my imagination because when I actually tried Flavorz by Joe Blueberry Waffles, let's just say there is a 15ml bottle of it in my juice cabinet now!

perfweapon33

Moved On
Jul 9, 2013
ohio
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Unregistered supplier

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
I am seeing Ecig shops opening up in bars, in a lil corner area but with large selections of juice and hardware...since ppl smoke a lot when drinking, and analogs are not allowed in bars, Ecigs are really selling well and popular now in bars...a bar owner has no additional overhead except for supplies and grabs many converts from analogs and everybody is happy...plus the bar owner makes more money by selling Ecigs and liquids and bringing in more drinkers as well..its a win win situation...and becoming very popular in many bars around..and even if ya don't own the bar, many owners will give U a lil free space for free just cuz it brings in more business to their bar, while U sell Ecigs or vape at the bar and have a frosty...I've seen ecig shops in bars sell products for as cheap as many online sites...

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
I set out today to find an alternative to the one vape shop I knew of in my town (Naples, FL), and I found a few other shops. The prices ran high at all of them, which I was expecting. The first one I went to (Premier Vapor) was pretty friendly and attentive, but the two girls in there seemed to have a pretty basic knowledge of product, i.e. asked for replacement head for a T3 and was handed one for an EVOD, which neither of them were familiar with as they said the store didn't actually sell EVODs. Pointed out the difference on the one in my pocket, they found the right one, so I got a couple of those and a bottle of juice (50/50 Grape Bubbalicious from VapeNMore, tastes okay, actually). $2.99 each for the heads and $5.99 for 10ml juice. One that was listed in the phone book turned out to be a mall kiosk. I wanted to hit the food court anyways, so I figured what the heck and checked it out. Total Vapor brand stuff, overpriced eGo kits with only CE4 clearos. I showed the guy my setup and spent the next ten minutes talking to him about my T3, which they apparently are getting soon but he knew nothing about. I proceeded to get my bourbon chicken and noodles and move on. I skipped Vintage Joye Vape Lounge, as I had been in there once before. They guy behind the counter, who came across as an owner rather than an employee, wouldn't even talk about anything that wasn't Joyetech, which I should have assumed from the name of the place. He gave a fairly hard sell to my friend who was with me on an overpriced eGo type set up, and when I asked about the juice I was told haughtily that his mix was a trade secret and basically mind my own business. Wouldn't even tell me the PG/VG ratio. I was desperate at the time and my online order wasn't due for a few days so I got a bottle, I think I paid $6.99 for 10ml of Raspberry Ice. Wasn't bad, tasted like Raspberry Crystal Light, but didn't have it in my nic strength (24ml). Won't be going back to this one. Last on my little field trip was Royal Vapor, and was a pleasant surprise after the other two. There were other customers in the store when I went in (always a good sign), and though the counter help was busy with them a lady came from the little office area to help me. Friendly, knew what I was talking about, HUGE selection of juice from Mountain Vapor, and even though they were pricey on hardware and sold out of the Protank I was looking to buy, at least they knew their stuff and when the out of stock item would be back in. Also conveniently located right downtown. They will be getting my local business. I probably wont be able to afford to get my main hardware there (just too much cheaper online and I be po'), I'll definitely be stopping in for replacement heads, the occasional bottle of juice, etc.

congpert2

Moved On
Jul 4, 2013
Indianapolis
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Spam

Underdawg736

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Lancaster, Pa
I don't mind paying a bit extra for the convenience of having what I want/need right then and there plus the human interaction. My local vape shop is pricier then what you will find online but they have everything I need, they are friendly, very knowledgeable in the vaping field, and they are involved with the community. Besides ECF they are my first up close experience with the vaping community plus they sell their own in house juice that is bleeping fantastic IMO! There's that interaction aspect that I feel when ordering on the internet. With that I will continue to support my local shop, if they don't have what I need then I'll go to an online vendor.
I haven't bought a pack of smokes in 2.5 months and out of a little over $500 not spent on them, vaping has cost me around $275-$300 with most of that being spent at the B&M. I don't think that's too bad!

And after the last click wait for at least three days and possibly up to two weeks (or more :() versus walking out with the product in your hand.

4) Shopping many different vendors from the chair in front of your PC
5) Being able to easily reference third party reviews of products (by using the forums like this one and you-tube reviews) before committing to purchase.

and
Shipping costs.
Difficulty and time involved in returns/exchanges.

guess there is always pros and cons to matter like this huh. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread