Sep 5, 2009
Spokane, Wa
www.myspace.com

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Well the link story is typical. First, at the end, they list all the silly stuff the FDA found...and then said they hadn't been tested by the FDA!! :confused: Does someone actually edit these stories?? Secondly, Mr. I-vape-water is stating the same false idiocy that I keep hearing, and so does the seller and lounge dude: the liquid is just water, flavor and nicotine. ARRGGHH!!!

Its as though this is being said on purpose so they have an ace in the hole when they suddenly say "you sellers LIED, there is mostly PG in them!! You have mislead the public!!" Another ARRGGGHH!! :mad:

The embedded video is less ridiculous. Both were somewhat positive, but the details are so rarely even close to true in these stories, like the media is allergic to truth anymore, or the work required to get it, more likely.

And thanks for posting these jennisnoopy!!

Last edited:

ChipCurtis

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
It sickens me to know that I once thought (and it was probably at one time true) that news was being delivered in the public interest. That news anchors and reporters had a passionate mission-call to report the facts about things to THE PEOPLE, not report things FOR THE POLITICANS AND FINANCIERS INTEREST. It's really sad what passes for investigative reporting these days.

But it may not even be that complicated. Sometimes I think that reporters just want to sell a quick story so badly, they don't even realize what unwitting pawns they are.

The big problem is that there is no more "Hippocratic oath" in our society, i.e. the desire -- through the professions -- to make the world a better place for its own sake. It's all about grab the cash quickly and run.

Momof3

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Midwest, USA
If MSM takes to reporting the truth and nothing but the truth, there won't be anymore 24hr news channels. I think half the stuff they come up with has more to do with filling the time slots with different stories to keep people watching. If everything relevant/truthful can be covered in 1hr what's going to get people to watch the other 23hrs and attract sponsors.

ChipCurtis

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
If MSM takes to reporting the truth and nothing but the truth, there won't be anymore 24hr news channels. I think half the stuff they come up with has more to do with filling the time slots with different stories to keep people watching. If everything relevant/truthful can be covered in 1hr what's going to get people to watch the other 23hrs and attract sponsors.

Geez, 24 hr. news has been around for so long it's scaring me. The way I see it, though, is to imagine that what used to be the 11:00 news now falls under "Breaking News" in the CNN/Fox/MSNBC lexicon. Or perhaps some 1 or 2 hour program on those channels (such as Wolf Blitzer) that covers 'general news', whatever that means. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread