Not open for further replies.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
DasBluCig:10918568 said:
There have been a couple of posts from members of Special Forces.......they point out that a battery like those used in vaping can be "modified" into an IED in a manner akin to sub-ohm coil construction (NOTE: NO SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS ARE - OR WILL BE - POSTED!!)...
Just saying.....if you don't know EXACTLY what you're doing with sub-ohm coil building...DON'T RISK IT!
And.....most CERTAINLY.....NEVER "trust" the guy at the local b&m to tell you this or that is "safe"!!
It's like hand-loaded ammunition.....I do it under the safest possible conditions.....BUT under NO circumstances will I EVER let ANYONE ELSE use it!! Nor will I ever use theirs, regardless of how "safe" they tell me it is!!
It's why parachutists PACK THEIR OWN CHUTES!!!:D
OK....off my soapbox!!;)

I don't think the instructions are fully necessary if you know what expansion and pressure will do. I'd rather use rdx though...:)

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
There have been a couple of posts from members of Special Forces.......they point out that a battery like those used in vaping can be "modified" into an IED in a manner akin to sub-ohm coil construction (NOTE: NO SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS ARE - OR WILL BE - POSTED!!)...

Ya, you know, I never thought about it that way, but it makes total sense. The problem is that the vast majority of people don't get this. batteries are everywhere and they are totally safe, right ... :facepalm:

And for the most part things work out pretty well. What gets scary is when people like the retailers being talked about in this thread enter the scene and do what they are doing. IMO it's either out of ignorance or greed. Either way, unfortunately, probably the only way to control this is through regulation. Not at all what I want to see happen, but I also can't see educating a good portion of the public about battery safety any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread