Longevity of Vamo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

spegtoast

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
NW Ohio
I would be interested too. I have posted a thread regarding longevity on APV's in general and got NO response. It may be because no one has a good report to give, or nothing has really been used for very long because we keep buying new PV's, it seems, we generally like a collection of many rather than using just one consistantly.

T1lVl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Las Vegas, NV, USA
Mine I had for 2 months give or take. Works great. I have gun metal so the finish has taken a beating but still works great. I have it and a mech. Mainly use my vamo with a aga t2 for daily use and use my mech at night. I love the genesis atomizers.

So my vamo in my pocket or ash tray in my car. All over the place.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

markdm4805

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Stockton, CA
I would be interested too. I have posted a thread regarding longevity on APV's in general and got NO response. It may be because no one has a good report to give, or nothing has really been used for very long because we keep buying new PV's, it seems, we generally like a collection of many rather than using just one consistantly.
I think you hit the proverbial nail on the head in a few areas. I will admit like many vapers I am somewhat of a hobbyist when it comes to vaping. I have been through 6 mods in the less than a year. While I may say I've retired a mod I go back to it occasionally. Being back in the workplace for a major retail store I also find I'm using my ego twist more to be stealth at the company smoke shack. Add to that the fact that in the 9 months I've vaped so many mods including the Vamo have come out. It seems like when I first started it was pretty much Lava Tube or Pro Vari for APV's. With that said it may be too early to tell which ones will last for years and which ones will be in the junk box in 6 months. I personally think the Vamo is pretty promising and have many friends who love em.

Digame

May 28, 2009
LA
Get the stainless steel and not the chromed one. Had mine for like 4 months before it started wearing on the outside and the bronze (i think, it is that shade, anybody) started coming through. Looks crappy. the "-" button pop back failed and now it sometimes starts cycling down to like 15 watts- it just really annoys you when you dont notice when your distracted (like typing on the net) and you take a long drag of some harsh vape *yuk*
So it is now sitting on a shelf and I use it when I roll my aromizer coils on my Vivi nova to test the resistance- het it has some use. I saw the video of the dude that opens it and how to take it apart. I might, sometime when I'm really bored, try to open it when the boards become available for sale b/c my buttons are not chrome anymore:( I know I just have like everything wrong with it.. hahaha
I used to take it everywhere though. Still just my hand holding it really went through that chrome.
Oh and the voltage would drop from time to time (I didnt test it when it occured) so I switched to wattage and that helped. But still the voltage dropping for no reason???!!!! ...!!!??? So I tested it on various voltage points and it was not linear at all. 6 v was 6 v ok no problem there but 3.5 v was showing 3.7 on the multimeter (all these figures are unloaded BTW) 3.7 was showing like 3.7, 4.0 was showing 3.8 , 5 was showing 4.5. Not very linear but no big deal cause all you have to do is up it to where you feel comfort. But still though not very reassuring in such an impressive looking product that you would think can run like stuff made in the "old days" or what I can imagine a Provari might be made like. IDK I wouldnt get one again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread