Not open for further replies.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I dont know the scoop but heard Volcano discontinued the Lava Box DNA75 which gave me so much trouble, not sure about the Lava BOx 200, which I have 2 of and have had no problems. The second was a trade for the 75, at $89 (sale price) I thought it was a great deal.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The Tesla Nano does TC pretty well (IMO) but again, I haven't vaped any dna mods, so I can't really compare, but I do love the way it vapes, and I don't get wild fluctuations in temp as far as I can tell, etc. etc. I don't have a temperature probe, but it's a pretty solid performer and now that Tesla has another Punk coming out, I imagine prices will drop even more, it's going to be a great mod for the price.

Anna

Paul Mohr

Oct 28, 2017
Adrian MI
I would suggest the speeder. Not too expensive, not too big even though it has dual batteries. And it won't jump out temp control, even if you put a non temp control coil on it. You have to manually change it. Mine also seems pretty sturdy. No idea about the paint, haven't had it long enough. Get the silver one and even if does wear you probably won't notice as much. I like black mods, but they tend to show wear easier.

Check out DJL's and Phil's reviews on it, they are pretty in depth. And after buying one I can mirror pretty much everything they said.

Reactions: stols001

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
There are tons of nice mods for $200 or even $150. Build quality of many of the higher end products tends to be better but not always. DNA based products have one of the nicest software suites. Adjustments and features out the wazoo! SX (YIHI) is still playing catchup in the "software" part but some of the mods are solid products.

DNA 250s are a really nice chip but actual mod quality can be all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread