Looking for a new mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooodie

May 19, 2013
conceivewthanis
Hi All,

I try to hold on as long as I can, but I haven't had good luck with my first couple of mods. My very first mod was a Wismec Predator that had a faulty 510 connection after 5 months and my second, and current, mod is a smok TPRIV. The TPRIV lasted a lot longer than the Predator, but the screws that hold the case together have stripped and now tape is holding my mod together :banana:. I'm looking for recommendations on a new mod, something that is easy to carry in your pocket, will do put out at least 70 watts, and is designed to last awhile. I was thinking about looking at Vapresso. What are the latest and greatest mods out there today? Haven't looked in awhile.

Thank you! :thumbs:

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Bad luck with Wismec and SMOK doesn't surprise me.

The most durable mods built today are the Geekvape Aegis (single battery) and Aegis Legend (dual battery), both are designed/built to be water resistant, dust resistant, and shock resistant. I did a review for the Legend here:
Aegis Legend Kit - Geekvape

My personal favorite and everyday battery device is the JAC Vapour series B 75W. I did a review of this one, too:
JAC Vapor series B DNA75W

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
First up, ill back up Baditude... dont buy anything from Smok, ever again, they only made 1 decent mod, the TreeBox Mini, everything else they make is rubbish..Wismec a little better, but wouldnt touch personally with a barge pole

The recommendations he gave you are mainstream and easily located and affordable, if you want anything sturdier, you'll be looking at more money, I cant suggest anything personally, i ever go beyond 40 watts :)

But anything is a step up from what youve had

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Another vote for @Baditude suggestions. While I, personally, have had decent luck with Smok and Wismec, I baby my mods. It sounds as though you might be a little rougher on them.

The Aegis comes in 2 flavors... A nearly indestructible 100 watt, single 26650 (or 2x700 with optional adapter) model, and a sturdy dual 18650 200 watt model.

I don't have a Jac, but their reliability is pretty legendary. Single 18650, 75 watt Evolv DNA board is good, too.

Vaporesso makes some very nice mods, but not sure how they'd hold up to your usage.

TBH, the stripped out screws on the T-Priv kinda makes me think you're not easy on 'em. I've had the T-Priv since week one if it's release, ans 0 issues... But, it's never been dropped or even knocked over.

YMMV

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
GeekVape Aegis Legend 200W
PRODUCT WEIGHT 250 g

H462qfT.png

• Useful

Rooodie

May 19, 2013
conceivewthanis
Another vote for @Baditude suggestions. While I, personally, have had decent luck with Smok and Wismec, I baby my mods. It sounds as though you might be a little rougher on them.

The Aegis comes in 2 flavors... A nearly indestructible 100 watt, single 26650 (or 2x700 with optional adapter) model, and a sturdy dual 18650 200 watt model.

I don't have a Jac, but their reliability is pretty legendary. Single 18650, 75 watt Evolv DNA board is good, too.

Vaporesso makes some very nice mods, but not sure how they'd hold up to your usage.

TBH, the stripped out screws on the T-Priv kinda makes me think you're not easy on 'em. I've had the T-Priv since week one if it's release, ans 0 issues... But, it's never been dropped or even knocked over.

YMMV

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's my every day vape and is always in my pocket so it's seen some punishment.

Rooodie

May 19, 2013
conceivewthanis
Thanks for all of the responses! I think I might have narrowed it down to the Geekvape Aegis Legend and the Vapresso Revenger. I like the Revenger because of the magnetic battery compartment and it is slightly smaller. I do like those Eleafs, but a dual battery setup is important to me because I don't always have access to a charger when I'm out and about.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
...a dual battery setup is important to me because I don't always have access to a charger when I'm out and about.
Or you could just carry a spare battery (charged) in a plastic battery case with you. It takes up very little room in a pocket or purse. I much rather carry a compact pocket-friendly single battery device than a larger and heavier dual battery device when I'm out and about. But that's just MY preference. I've done it both ways and that's what works best for me.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
The vaporesso Armour pro mod is quickly rising up my list. It’s a smaller mod that uses a single 18650/20700/21700 so it should powerful enough to do whatever you need whilst being small and light. Plus it looks good and is a vaporesso. It also fires in .0000000000000001 micro seconds so all you need to do is think about taking a hit and it fires.

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Yeah, it's my every day vape and is always in my pocket so it's seen some punishment.
Might want to look at that Squid Double Barrel or TAC21. Simple sturdy mods with a simple board and great battery life.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Geekvape Aegis Legend and the Vapresso Revenger

I have both those mods. I will say (and I have small hands) the weight and the feel in the hand make it seem a lot smaller and lighter than it is. In terms of carrying it I would NOT really enjoy carrying it in a pocket, although to be fair I would carry zero mods in my pockets. That is what my PURSE is for.

As far as the revenger, it's a lot lighter, it can be a bit of a PITA if dropped. Every time I've dropped it, the battery cover has popped off. This LAST time, well I've done a ton of vacuuming and moving furniture in preparation for my mom visiting and I STILL haven't found it. I will probably have to move the giant couch, I bet it's under there. LOL.

It's not the end of the world if you don't drop mods, but I do. I like the revenger and I like Vapresso designs and it actually still worked sans cover but eventually I was like, "Um, that is probably UNSAFE." and retired it. Vapresso mods aren't bad by any means, they would be nothing in comparison with the Legend, so you'll have to decide whether size and weight are more important than durability and how you handle mods (I sometimes handle mine with extreme FORCE although to be fair I was having a severe migraine my first that day, LOL, normally my drops aren't quite so extreme.

Best of luck deciding.

Anna

EricMorr

Jul 2, 2018
Pitman, NJ
Late on this discussion, but I have the Vaporesso Armour Pro. I like it. I have brought it to work a few days since I purchased it (last week). I am using an 18650 battery with the adapter, which I don't like doing because I feel the battery doesn't cool properly. Pros: cascade baby tank is nice. It's rather small but can vape up to 100w. Fires really quick. There are more, of course, but it's a nice little mod. My biggest con though is this. I bought 2 20700 batteries for it (only takes one battery, but I wanted a spare). Well they don't exactly fit into it well. Kinda loose, so occasionally they lose contact and the device reboots. And the battery door opens sometimes because the battery sin't really "pushing" against it, if that makes sense. I'm going to buy a 21700 battery and that will fit perfectly with the extra 1mm of width. With the 18650 battery I need to charge it in the afternoon, so I have enough for the drive home. But now I am using the GT Mesh core and that needs a little more wattage (currently at 61 watts, working well the juice I have in it). Once this coil dies, I will try the GT CCell core,which is rated for lower wattage (15w-40w, I think). Anyway, no major complaints about this mod.

Vinnybagodoughnuts

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2015
Late on this discussion, but I have the Vaporesso Armour Pro. I like it. I have brought it to work a few days since I purchased it (last week). I am using an 18650 battery with the adapter, which I don't like doing because I feel the battery doesn't cool properly. Pros: cascade baby tank is nice. It's rather small but can vape up to 100w. Fires really quick. There are more, of course, but it's a nice little mod. My biggest con though is this. I bought 2 20700 batteries for it (only takes one battery, but I wanted a spare). Well they don't exactly fit into it well. Kinda loose, so occasionally they lose contact and the device reboots. And the battery door opens sometimes because the battery sin't really "pushing" against it, if that makes sense. I'm going to buy a 21700 battery and that will fit perfectly with the extra 1mm of width. With the 18650 battery I need to charge it in the afternoon, so I have enough for the drive home. But now I am using the GT Mesh core and that needs a little more wattage (currently at 61 watts, working well the juice I have in it). Once this coil dies, I will try the GT CCell core,which is rated for lower wattage (15w-40w, I think). Anyway, no major complaints about this mod.
Not all batteries are created equal.Some are longer then others.There can be a 1-2mm difference in length for the same type of battery depending on the manufacturer.

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread