Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Look at the AnyVape Mini Davide AnyVape Davide Mini Glassomizer or the Kanger Mini ProTank 2 Kanger Mini ProTank II . They are both Pyrex. They both use Kanger coils (the same ones the Evod now uses), and you can take the completely apart to clean them (no more getting the q-tip head stuck in the tank).

I own the Mini Davide. And aside from it's really light draw (it takes some getting use to) I have 0 complants with it.

My problem with those...and this is just personal preference...is that the glass is more exposed. I like the aluminum casing on the ARO. It may not actually help protect the glass if dropped, but I "feel" like it would.

Anyone with an ARO to spare want to do some drop tests for us? :D

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Also bear in mind that the smaller "Evod" head is being phased out. Kanger is going to a single head for the Protank and Evod line. And yes, they'll have the longer Protank stem.

So for those of you that really like the smaller form factor with the Evod heads, stock up on 'em because they're not going to be around much longer.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I stocked up a little, but I'm also saving them - I figure when I run out, if I don't like the draw using a ProTank coil in an EVOD, that might be enough motivation to start rebuilding them. I know I should, even got a little wire and wick - but it's SO danged tiny! My hands cramp up just thinking about it.

cramptholomew

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Maryland
I have two Smoktech ARO Pyrex BCC's. I spent an extra $5 for some heads. No, the protank/EVOD heads don't fit - their collar is too big. The ARO coils seem to fit on the EVODs/Protank minis though, but I haven't tried firing them though. The AROs are nice tanks. They're bigger than the Protank Mini - I'd say they hold about 2+ml of liquid. I rebuilt all the coils I bought for them already - same exact design as the Kanger heads. With all the money spent on vaping crap, I wasn't about to ..... about $5 worth of separate heads for the AROs.... I just keep them in a separate baggy.

If you like EVODS, Protank Minis, etc., you'll like the ARO.

EDIT: I dropped an ARO from 5 feet. Didn't break.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
They should standardize. That's good for everybody. I may be wrong, but it seems like many people won't buy this clearo because it just means another replacement head order every month.

Then those people should stop being lazy, and learn to rebuild :p

A pack of 5 coils is ALL you ever need per delivery device, and the wick and wire go a LONG way!

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I have two Smoktech ARO Pyrex BCC's. I spent an extra $5 for some heads. No, the protank/EVOD heads don't fit - their collar is too big. The ARO coils seem to fit on the EVODs/Protank minis though, but I haven't tried firing them though. The AROs are nice tanks. They're bigger than the Protank Mini - I'd say they hold about 2+ml of liquid. I rebuilt all the coils I bought for them already - same exact design as the Kanger heads. With all the money spent on vaping crap, I wasn't about to ..... about $5 worth of separate heads for the AROs.... I just keep them in a separate baggy.

From what I have heard (My ARO's are still in route so I can't confirm yet) the OLD EVOD heads with the short stems do work on the ARO's. I will be able to confirm for sure next week when my ARO's come in since I have a handful of the old style EVOD coils.

Nice to know about the durability when dropped. Thanks.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Then those people should stop being lazy, and learn to rebuild :p

A pack of 5 coils is ALL you ever need per delivery device, and the wick and wire go a LONG way!

While I do rebuild mine, it is not for everyone. Also 5 may not be enough. Those little rubber grommets can wear out or get lost real easy and the only source for them is on more heads.

D. Waterhouse

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
central WI USA
My problem with those...and this is just personal preference...is that the glass is more exposed. I like the aluminum casing on the ARO. It may not actually help protect the glass if dropped, but I "feel" like it would.

Anyone with an ARO to spare want to do some drop tests for us? :D

Already done! Dropped mine twice, once on concrete, once on gravel. I had to take a jackknife to the tip to smooth it out but other than that, no damage! :laugh:

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia

Will the smaller diameter collar pass through a carto tank opening? I build a atty tank mod that uses Pro Tank heads, but to get the head to pass through the tank requires grinding down the ring that is just below the wick. If you can check, I'd be much obliged.

cramptholomew

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Maryland
Will the smaller diameter collar pass through a carto tank opening? I build a atty tank mod that uses Pro Tank heads, but to get the head to pass through the tank requires grinding down the ring that is just below the wick. If you can check, I'd be much obliged.

I don't have a carto tank to check, but the collar on the ARO heads is measurably smaller than the Kanger heads. At the very least it would be less grinding...

Arnie H

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Greensboro, NC, USA
www.bigtent.com
Look at the AnyVape Mini Davide AnyVape Davide Mini Glassomizer or the Kanger Mini ProTank 2 Kanger Mini ProTank II . They are both Pyrex. They both use Kanger coils (the same ones the Evod now uses), and you can take the completely apart to clean them (no more getting the q-tip head stuck in the tank).

I own the Mini Davide. And aside from it's really light draw (it takes some getting use to) I have 0 complants with it.

I have two Mini Davides. I like the form factor of the tanks but hate the airy draw (3 air holes) and the somewhat tiny fill slots. I want something black to match my Ego batteries so I can look cute. :)

Screamin Eagle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
Maryland
Now you have me wondering if the T3s heads will fit the Aero. They are different size collar than Evod

I got to woundering this myself. My wife has the MT3S that uses the Kanger coils. The base of the Aro looks identical to the MT3S. If they fit it would just be a matter of buying an MT3S base for your Aro and you could the Kanger coils in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread