Apr 27, 2011
Nomad
Last edited:

Illuminatu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2011
Nomad
You could buy a cheap Smoktech telescope mod too. Nice thing about a mod like that would be you can use whatever battery you want with some simple twists of the tube.

to use a 14500 battery in the telescope you would need a sleeve, since the telescope is made for 18xxx sized batteries (18mm) and not a 14xxx (14mm).

BUT

a telescope with an 18350 or 18490 is quite a decent size for smaller hands, as long as you don't mind carrying more batteries

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Doh! Good point on the telescope being a 18xxx mod. I spaced out on that one.

Hrmmm ... so your lady basically wants the smallest possible pv with exchangeable batteries.

I will say though, 14500 battery devices do tend to underperform. Now that might not matter to her as long as shes getting a good vaping experience. And of course, 14500 batteries have a significant lower capacity so indeed, she will be replacing them more often.

The smallest digital that comes to my mind atm is a L-Rider Robust. Comes in girly colors too.

Otherwise I like the baby bullet recommendation for mechanical.

Last edited:

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Edit: So after a little investigating performance seems to be perfectly fine as a standard 3.7 device using 14500s ... just make sure your not putting higher resistant 'mizers on it and it will perform like everything else in its voltage class.

Battery life isn't going to be the best out there and it seems several people mention to be careful putting it in your pocket or purse.

Apparently the button is some what easy to fire ... unless they have since then changed the button?

Unfortunately there really aren't as many options out there for 14500 mods unless you start looking at people who make customs.

Last edited:

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
I agree that the BB and Alpha are much nicer in size

I also remember doing my own mod in a copper pipe with nice end caps for a 14500 battery, it was quite cute but I ended up trading it for another mod

Yup, I made a very spiffy mechanical 18650 copper mod myself. The wife thinks that it looks like a rejected lovechild of a space heater and gas stove :) So even though the 14xxx batteries fit great into a 1/2inch pipe, can't do that.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Trueman eGo-RS Battery Housing replacement

ego rs- replaceable battery- 3.7 regulated? $8.00

14500 and comes in pink :)

7_G_1351560269317.jpg

Last edited:

tc1

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 26, 2011
    Ohio
    Vaprlife has a great little 14500 mod called the VP2. I have several in various colors. It was my first mod. Well built and darn cute.

http://www.vaprlife.com/The-VP2-BB_p_20.html

Seems to be on sale too! Digging the lights it has. Might pick one of the pink ones up for the lady because she isn't using the dang pink 510 kit I bought her a month or so ago. Having a rough time finding a device she will use exclusively to kick the habit completely.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread