looking for a simple 14500 mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA Slim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2009
Boynton Bch., FL USA
It's difficult tc1 to find that special TH and juice flavor to completely switch over, not to mention the feel of the device. If you get a LR atty to top off that VP2, it might help w/ the TH. I also like the LED's. They let you know when the battery is winding down and again, they're "darn cute".

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
It's difficult tc1 to find that special TH and juice flavor to completely switch over, not to mention the feel of the device. If you get a LR atty to top off that VP2, it might help w/ the TH. I also like the LED's. They let you know when the battery is winding down and again, they're "darn cute".

I think the biggest problem is the fact that she isn't "really" ready to quit. I try getting what she thinks is cute but at the end of the day ... it's up to her to decide that vaping is something she WANTS to do. I'm not really pushing the issue with her ... just hoping one of the devices I may acquire tickles her fancy enough to get her completely off the sticks.

Honestly, I probably need to sit her down and watch a bunch of youtube reviews with her until something sparks her eyes. (Why I've never thought of doing that before is beyond me! lol)

Glad you're finding some good options Commie and thanks for dealing with this off topic post. ;) Don't want to hijack your thread by any means. Just pondering these great 14500 recommendations for my lady as well.

Keep em coming ecf crew!

Last edited:

VA Slim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2009
Boynton Bch., FL USA
It took a solid month of smoking and vaping for me to lay them down. I never wanted to quit smoking, just wanted to be able to smoke anywhere I wanted to. Enter vaping.....I carried a pack of cigs in my perse for 3 mos. after that so I wouldn't be under any pressure. Start taking her to places that you just can't smoke, but have the ecig loaded and ready, she will submit. LOL

Youtube is a great source of info on ecigs. Use it all the time for the "how to's". For those of us who just need a visual.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
I think the biggest problem is the fact that she isn't "really" ready to quit. I try getting what she thinks is cute but at the end of the day ... it's up to her to decide that vaping is something she WANTS to do. I'm not really pushing the issue with her ... just hoping one of the devices I may acquire tickles her fancy enough to get her completely off the sticks.

Actually she's quit years ago. But our oldest one has entered the "terrible twos". So in lieu of starting to smoke, she's asked me for some low nic juice that would taste like analogs so she could relieve stress and prevent infanticide :)

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Actually she's quit years ago. But our oldest one has entered the "terrible twos". So in lieu of starting to smoke, she's asked me for some low nic juice that would taste like analogs so she could relieve stress and prevent infanticide :)

Haha! Well let her know that most of us consider the juice we use wayyy better than the taste of an analog. ;) In fact, if you vape for a day or two and try to smoke a cigarette ... regardless if you go back to smoking ... most people can't deny that the taste of a cig is terrible. You just get use to it (same with the smell).

Only reason I mention that is because it's often impossible to find a juice that will 100% simulate the taste of an actual cig. As far as the stress aspect ... it will help just the same as a cig (and I think we've all been there and understand). Terrible Twos eh? My daughter skipped that stage and apparently decided to do the whole "Terrifying Threes" when she was that age. Not ... fun

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
Only reason I mention that is because it's often impossible to find a juice that will 100% simulate the taste of an actual cig. As far as the stress aspect ... it will help just the same as a cig (and I think we've all been there and understand). Terrible Twos eh? My daughter skipped that stage and apparently decided to do the whole "Terrifying Threes" when she was that age. Not ... fun

Well, I found the Marlbaro (sic) flavor from WL. She says it tastes like the real thing to her, who am I to argue :) Even though I know it doesn't -- analogs taste horrible to me, and that is actually pretty good. Not quite as good as my ectoplasm and earl grey, but whatever keeps my kids from being strangled by a postal stay at home mommy...

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Well awesome ... glad she and you both have found juices you really enjoy! Another ecto fan eh? I'm working on my own ecto blend and haven't decided if I should post the simple recipe and leave it at that or try and make it a more complex blend before releasing.

I actually haven't had the ecto from JuicyVapors that people rage over but mine sounds similar and it REALLY is an enjoyable vape.

You using ecto from Juicyvapor or somewhere else? Mind sharing what you think the taste is like? (Mine is a lemon lime tropical punch).

tc1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Ohio
Using ecto flavor from ecigexpress, mixing it at 4%. I mostly taste tangerine-lime in it. Very wake-you-up taste :)

Ah ok ... yeah, that's the "Hi-C" Flavor West type of ecto that people enjoy as well. I wanted some tangerine to make that kind as well but my supplier (Wizard Labs) was out of it at the time. Hate when that happens!

Nice:)

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
My wife is looking for a small (as small as possible) good looking mod. Do you know of any small tube mod, preferably mechanical, for a single 14500 battery? Unregulated would be just fine :)

Wasn't there something like Joye Ego 18650 but smaller?

Thank you!
Commie

This LEGACY Mini is lovely..... LEGACY Mini [AW IMR 18350] :thumbs:

DownOnTheFarm

May 26, 2011
East Texas
Too bad the apex alpha from innovapor is discontinued. Pull the RES and replace with a slim carto-tank, and you've got about the slimmest, lightest, low-hassle 14500 I've found. Wish more folks would do chrome over aluminum mods.

ETA: If the atomizer threads on the alpha line were made of something tougher than aluminum, this series of mod would be lightweight and nigh-indestructible.

Last edited:

t8kiteasy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2012
virginia beach
YES and now I have to save up for it amongst everything else :laugh: I have to have that !

Hope you get the money saved up for it,i am still waiting on the Alloy XL(when i started thinking about getting the mini) to get in stock.It has been out going on 2 months now and it's driving me nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread