Looking for a simple 18650 battery box mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    The only box mod that I have is an Eleaf iStick TC60W. I don't use the TC capabilities, just VW. It uses a single 18650 (flat top) battery.

edit: Vapecrawler

Last edited:

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Add the Joyetech eVic Primo Mini, nearly as easy to "squeeze fire" as the Presa 75TC, and has a clock. No alarm, though :)

"best mod EVER!!!!!!!" (PZ)

My vote goes to the JAC Vapour series B DNA75W.

It is extremely comfortable to hold/use. Looks sexy. Fits easily in a pocket. I get a full day's use with a single Samsung30Q 15W 3000mah battery.

I must say, it's hard to beat the Jac/Jackie in looks, function, comfort, portability, ease of use, and yeah.... sexy. ;)

madstabber

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 20, 2013
    Concoction Creating Cave
    A good durable mod that is inexpensive is the Smoant Battlestar. It costs around $40 and comes in a variety of beautiful finishes that don’t chip or peel (recently heard the camo colored ones do so avoid those). Another huge plus for me is the shape. Sorta rounded triangle that makes it very comfortable to hold and very stable, doesn’t fall over when set down. Performs excellent in all modes and looks good while doing it. Good luck I hope you find a mod you like.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    You do have a large number of choices if you don't mind a single battery box mod being TC capable.

There's the new Pico which has a single 18650, for low budget needs (full disclosure, I didn't care for mine, but lots of folks love them) and then things like the Jac-B which is a lovely mod and has great TC (that you don't have to use) but it is pricier. Folks do think it's well worth the price however. If you want a rugged, indestructible mod there is the Geekvape Agis one battery mod, that thing is really for industrial applications but most folks enjoy the vape. If you want a single battery without TC, you can't go wrong with a radius (if you don't mind charging it via USB, which is really recommended) that and finding one for a price that won't knock your socks off. It's a great vape, no TC, but it's really not a "switch out" type of system, it wasn't designed for that. Hmm.... What else? The Hohm series of box mods are super functional and do a LOT for the price, people tend to love or hate them though, and more for their capacities than hand feel, necessarily....

Other than tube mods, most of my box mods have two batteries, that may be more than you want/need but having that extra battery life can be nice. If you are looking for more portable, smaller options, well they are out there, and you are getting some good suggestions.... I'm sure they'll keep coming...

Good luck finding something you like.

Anna

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
    A good durable mod that is inexpensive is the Smoant Battlestar. It costs around $40 and comes in a variety of beautiful finishes that don’t chip or peel (recently heard the camo colored ones do so avoid those). Another huge plus for me is the shape. Sorta rounded triangle that makes it very comfortable to hold and very stable, doesn’t fall over when set down. Performs excellent in all modes and looks good while doing it. Good luck I hope you find a mod you like.
    The Battlestar Mini and Battlestar Nano are out now, and both can be had for under $30.00. The Mini is VW/TC capable. The Nano is run-of-the battery regulated. Both look great and hold 24mm tanks with no overhang.

@cocacola31173 when you settle on what you have in mind, try that Vapecrawler link above. Kinda like Google for vape gear.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
    I've been using the eLeaf iStick Pico with good results. Smoktek 1.5 or 1.7 ohm xl cartos in DCT tanks. Runs great at 10 -12 watts.
    :shock:

You're using DCT tanks? With no leaking???

im-not-worthy.jpg

I still have nightmares with pockets full of joose.

Bozzlite

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 31, 2010
    Central Texas
    :shock:

You're using DCT tanks? With no leaking???

View attachment 715047

I still have nightmares with pockets full of joose.
    I've been using them for years without any leaking problems. Although, when I refill the Pico tanks, It's much easier to screw them on to an old eGO battery first.
    2rMUGmP.jpg

zYhZq1n.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread