The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Looking for a simple 18650 battery box mod

Discussion in 'VV/VW APV Discussion' started by cocacola31173, Jan 16, 2018.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. RamAir02

RamAir02 Full Member

Jun 15, 2011
    New York, NY
    I very much enjoy my SMOK AL85 (Baby Alien) and haven't seen it recommended yet in this thread. I find it to be a very comfortable device and the perfect size. It's very similar to the eLeaf iStick Pico series.

The Vaporesso Swag has been on my radar as well lately, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Design-wise, it's in a similar vein to the AL85 and Pico.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Beamslider

Beamslider Ultra Member Verified Member

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    The Battlestar Mini is already listed in the posts. This is a great little mod. It is very small. It works great and smoothly.

Not real issues. But the magnets on the battery door cover should have been stronger to hold it tighter. The battery door rattles some. The battery life length on it is shorter than on the picos. Not a big deal but just so you know.

There is a pico now that takes 21700 batteries. That is worth taking a look at. It is around 60 dollars with a melo tank.

iStick Pico 21700 with ELLO - Eleaf electronic cigarette

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. RamAir02

RamAir02 Full Member

Jun 15, 2011
    New York, NY
    The Battlestar Mini reminds me of my old Joyetech eVic VTC Mini. I loved that device and the magnets were super strong, but perhaps too strong! Eventually, the glue holding the magnets into the device wore off and they came loose. So, the battery door never really stayed on well again.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Beamslider

Beamslider Ultra Member Verified Member

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    I still have some of the eVic mini mods that I got really cheap. Love them. The magnets are super strong though. Maybe somewhere in the middle strength between the two would be perfect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. RamAir02

RamAir02 Full Member

Jun 15, 2011
    New York, NY
    :thumbs:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Bozzlite

Bozzlite Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2010
    Central Texas
    Had the same problem with my eVic. The magnets would come out of the slot. A tiny drop of Gorilla Glue fixes it. Just be sure to get the polarity right before you stick the magnets back in the slot. Ask me how I know. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. RamAir02

RamAir02 Full Member

Jun 15, 2011
    New York, NY
    I "Krazy Glued" the magnets a couple of times, but after a bit the magnets would come out again. I ultimately opted to move on from that device, but maybe I should've tried some Gorilla Glue!

• Like Like x 3
  8. DavidOck

DavidOck ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Clean out the spot where the magnet goes with isopropyl alcohol first, let it dry. Then check polarity, a drop of glue and stick it in.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  9. Anthony_Vapes

Anthony_Vapes Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2017
    I literally just posted this review up Anthony Vapes: Vaptio Wall Crawler Kit Tech Review seems like it fits what you are looking for

• Like Like x 3
  10. RamAir02

RamAir02 Full Member

Jun 15, 2011
    New York, NY
    Thanks for sharing this review. I hadn't seen that device yet. Looks pretty snazzy. Is it basically the same height as Pico / AL85?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Anthony_Vapes

Anthony_Vapes Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2017
    not sure about the al85 but it's pretty much the same as the pico 25. maybe a small amount bigger

• Like Like x 2
  12. Katdarling

Katdarling Bling Kween and spreadsheet monster. ;) Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Just a quiet shout out for the Swag. Love that little thang!

we got swag.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  13. LyLyV

LyLyV Senior Member

Feb 21, 2018
    Earth (most days)
    I love my Swag

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1